PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Road Runner

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
:mad: :cryy :dont :saw: :havemercy :banghead :violin :(

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I can't stay online for more than 10 mins. without my modem shutting down :(

Called and talked to a lady at TWC, got 80 bucks credited to my account becuase she was able too look at my record and see that I've been having connection problems since I've been in this house (sept 2002) and told me to go to the local TWC office in the morning to try and see if a new modem will fix the problem.

Makes me mad though - it's so intermiddent and they can never scedule an appointment closer than like 2 weeks away, and of course the problem has fixed itself by then...makes me so mad - i'm about 1 step away from telling them to shove thier cable lines up their butts and get satallite for TV and DSL for 'net.

ARRRRGGGGGH!!!!

LA_MERC_goose
January 9th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Easy, Max! You're going to bust a blood vessel!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I already did...cleaning up the mess - what's even worse, I'm a Factor VIII Hemophiliac DOH!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 9th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Chill dude. You do NOT want to do the Satellite thing. You got the coals hot under their butts now. Keep riding and you well be all set before too long.! :-)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
But I wanna play...boohooohooohooo

It always does this crap when TWC is closed too :(

Getting to be more like i'm on for 1 min and off for 45 now...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
And I'm not talking satallite for Internet - i'm talking Satallite for TV only, and Bellsouth DSL for internet...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 9th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Hey at least you didnt have to all but bribe TWC to run cable 550 feet off the road to your house.... I got it but it wasent easy...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Well - i got my new modem, and it's still doing the same crap :(

They are sending someone out in the morning between 8 and 12, so it looks like I'm out of CS commission yet another day off :( :( :(

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Sorry guy! Probably "water in the line" like they told me several months back. They'ss get it squared away for you. What's surprising to me is that you are getting them on Sunday morning.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 10th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I think a little bit of Tara is rubbing off on me - got 2 months credit and service tech on a sunday morning :) Damn I'm good :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I kinda buy the water in the line thing - 'cause it was wet and nasty yesterday - it's drying out today, and the RR is coming on and off a lot faster than it was last night - on for abou 5 mins and off for like 1 now...maybe it'll get better as the day goes on and they can check the lines and connectors in the morning :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 10th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Oh, and BTW, M@l, you should go up there and get one of these new Toshiba Modems...while it IS on it's a helluva lot faster than my Surfboard was!

|Noob
January 12th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I didnt think the modem made a big difference in speed...bleh more **** I'm going to end up buying.(Once my stupid computer decides to work again.)

eCkO SmoOv3
January 13th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Road Runner down where I live is pretty reliable. The only time I can think of that my service was cut off was because a huge rain storm, ended up getting $20 credit.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==