PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble getting into steam....

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
or is it just me?

I start steam, window comes up saying "Searching for Steam updates" then it goes away - no steam, no nothing....

just wondering if it was just me or if it was happening to others as well b/c the server is looking mighty empty :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I'm getting the same crap... oh well I guess I'll have to do something constructive with my time... like sleep.

CajunTech
January 8th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Same problem here

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2004, 09:20 PM
yeah same. the steam website is down too. I'm so glad they decided to kill the WON servers and go to a much more stable network....

I'm sure this will do a lot to keep the game one of the most played online games around. surely thousands of people who can't play right now are just sitting around waiting for it to come back up instead of playing another game.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 8th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
surely thousands of people who can't play right now are just sitting around waiting for it to come back up instead of playing another game.
I AM! er... or was - I'm going to bed now :(

aCiD
January 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
im just looking for someone to help me with my sprites... lol

eCkO SmoOv3
January 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Same problem here, I don't care... I hate that problem.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 8th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I don't drink sprite. I like 7-up.

Apocalypse
January 9th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I can't even find Steam on my system!!!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 9th, 2004, 07:50 AM
it's there under : drive letter:\program files\steam\steam.exe

I love the fact that if you are unable to connect, you can't even play off the net with bots. heck, I couldn't even get HL single player to start up.

Have you guys tried using steam offline? just wondering what will happen at the LAN tourney.

Wratt
January 16th, 2004, 08:26 PM
i was just having probs getting on to your server with steam..it said
stead id not valid or something like that..but i can ply on everyone elses server?.....

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM
i'm having the problem with everytime i start steam, it goes to not responding, never even really gets started up. Do i need to unistall it and reinstall it?

God i hope not, hours and hours of downloading crap again.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==