PDA

View Full Version : IceworldX on our server.

JUNKY
December 17th, 2003, 06:45 PM
I saw only like 6 people playing IceworldX on our server this evening and thought I would log on -- I know others have had issues with the map on other servers (as_tundra.wad or de_vegas.wad)

But I got a new error this time -- "Can't open backslash.wad" you click on that and another error pops up saying hl.exe has illegal instruction errors and will now close.

Never had a problem like this before--I can log into other servers fine. PC was formatted less than a week ago----

any suggestions?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 17th, 2003, 06:56 PM
That map really clears out a server because even though its a small map, there are about 8 files you have to download to be able to play it

I would make sure that you have the backslash.wad file in your c:\program files\steam\steamapps\your@email\counter-strike\cstrike folder

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 18th, 2003, 07:45 AM
I had the same problem Junky.

8 files for that small little map? why doesn't steam download them automatically since it's a content delivery system?

JUNKY
December 18th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Can a server admin jus build up one of those complete self installer for this map since it always seems to give so many people problems?

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 18th, 2003, 07:50 AM
I had the same problem last night.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 18th, 2003, 08:34 AM
I'll make one, I've just been busy lately. I'll remove the map from the server until I can get it done, that way there is not chance of a admin changing it to iceworldx

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 18th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
I had the same problem Junky.

8 files for that small little map? why doesn't steam download them automatically since it's a content delivery system?

Yeah, its 8 if not more.
1 wad
1 bsp
1 txt
5-7 textures (tga)

Steam is supposed to download the needed files but for some reason, the res file (tells clients which files are needed for download) got removed or it looks like it go renamed.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 18th, 2003, 08:40 AM
that way there is not chance of a admin changing it to iceworldx

Erm...GUILTY! It was me...It was requested though, and was voted on.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 18th, 2003, 08:55 AM
iceworldx is cool and all but like I stated before, it requires each person download 9 files which ends up making most people disconnect before those files get done. Or in the recent case, the res file, which tells clients which files are needed, gets removed or renamed and then errors out every person who doesn't already have the necessary files. It was an honest mistake, no way for anyone to know that this had happened.

I'll make a map pack and include that in it and maybe slowly work it into rotation but for now, its gone from the server.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 18th, 2003, 08:58 AM
kk, and thanks for the info

JUNKY
December 18th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Yeah -- I like the map--don't get me wrong -- I enjoy it-- Is bloodstrike still in the rotation? If we can take out AWPS and nades I'm cool with it -- I dig some speedball maps everyonce in a while.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==