PDA

View Full Version : Saints and LSU fans...

cd
December 10th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Wow... interesting week for the Falcons(keep reading)....

1) Vick came back... did well(running)
2) Dan Reeves is fired.

Now... first off, I want to say, Dan Reeves was done VERY wrong on this.

Second, Our win last week over the Panthers, has kept yall in the hunt. Good luck, I'd rather see yall win in playoffs.

Now... This is where I would like to hear yall's input. Nick Saban has been considered for the Head Coaching job in Atlanta, is yes, at the moment this is purely speculation, but he did go out to dinner with Arthur Blank, and no doubt what Blank was talking to him about. My questions are:

1) If he went to the NFL, would he be one of the few college coaches to have great success?
2) Would he realistically goto a struggling NFL team when he has a very successful college team?

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 10th, 2003, 10:32 AM
i don't think it would be very smart for him to leave. I think he should continue where he is at.

cd
December 10th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Realistically I think he should too. He's got a good thing goin. NFL coaches are just hired to be fired. And things are pretty bad in Atlanta right now.

-FA- hoody
December 10th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Go Saints!!! Saban has it made in Baton Rouge. I'm talkin bout MADE. No reason in the world for him to go to Atlanta. Not neone in their God given right mind at least. I could sit here and list all the reasons he has to stay in Baton Rouge, but my post would be 4 pages long. So I wont.

cd
December 10th, 2003, 11:39 AM
That's what I'm thinking. Anyone know how much he gets paid in BR? That could be the only possibility that I can think of is the money.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 10th, 2003, 02:22 PM
he will now be paid $1 more than the highest paid coach in NCAA. which I understand to be the coach of OU who makes between 2.3 - 2.5 mil

LA_MERC_Spark
December 10th, 2003, 03:32 PM
you are correct sir.... He'd be a f00 to leave!! And if his goes to Atl i will loose all respect for the man.... Falcons=Horse crap!

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 10th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Saban currently makes $1.6 million. If he wins the Sugar Bowl, his contract states he will be paid $1 more than the highest paid coach in the country (Bob Stoops at $2.5 Million). However, Skip Bertman and Mark Emmert are currently changing Saban's contract to pay him at that level anyway and extend the length of the contract.

On top of that, Saban is not going to leave for the NFL. He has already coached at the NFL level and prefers the collegiate ranks. He has consistently stated he loves Baton Rouge, and more importantly his family absolutely loves Baton Rouge. He has also stated how hard it was for his family to leave Michigan and he does not to go through that again. Very recently, he was questioned about leaving and stated top the effect that he would much rather put up with immature college kids and help them grow than have to put up with millionare NFL kids.

Due to his success, he will always be kicked around for NFL hirings, but he seems to be more of a legacy guy, establishing himslef as a historical figure at a particular college. Sorry Corbin, no Saban. If I were you, I would hope for Lovie Smith. Although personally I hope y'all get Deion! LMAO

cd
December 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM
lol... I'm PRAYING that we dont get Deion... But that's what I figure... NFL coaches are hired to be fired... and I dont see us giving a Steve Spurrier contract out, so he'd be making roughly the same in Atlanta as he is with LSU. But he's established in NCAA, and doesnt have to start from scratch. There's alot of talks about who is a possibility for coaching us next year. Jimmy Johnson laughed about the possibility on national TV, Dennis Green LOVES to comment on what he would do if he were coaching the Falcons. Deion has made it VERY well known that he wants the job(which in reality may not be a bad thing, because I figure he'd get the best assistant coaches he could just so he wouldnt look like a fool) Also the Patriots Defensive Coordinator(cant think of his name off the top of my head) has been mentioned as well. However, I think we'll wait on getting the head coach until we get our new GM. Rich McKay(from the Bucs) is more than likely coming to Atlanta and I'm mixed on that as well. YES, he has brought some talent to Tampa.... but most of them are overpayed, arrogant, and not as good as they hyped out to be. But I'm done ranting now :D Good luck next week.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==