PDA

View Full Version : Am I hacking?

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
I found a program that increases my fps. It's called hltoolz. Just wondering if it is cosidered a hack to you guys. I don't want to get banned for unknowingly hacking. Please reply soon, I really wanna play. Thanks guys.

}{y|3ri|)
December 7th, 2003, 07:40 PM
its condierd and unfair advantage in leages to play with anything thats not in the "clean" version of counterstrike. Anything with the smoke gernades or sprite or character skins could be viewed as a unfaier advantage, I personally dont use anythng but clean cs. as to if its a hack or not its one of those borderline programs..

as for if its acceptable to our server, im not really sure.

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 7th, 2003, 08:25 PM
OK then I'll take no chances... the program is history. Thanks.

Captain
December 7th, 2003, 10:31 PM
if it doesnt help you aim/see thru walls/ respawn use it lol thats what i say

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2003, 07:09 AM
isn't fps a computer/connection thing, not a cs thing? if that's the case why not use it.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 8th, 2003, 08:11 AM
If it ONLY increases your FPS...it's not a hack. You can do the same thing by:

Getting a new vid card
Getting a diffrent ISP
Changing your settings through console

You can use it as long as VAC doesn't pick it up. If it does, youre screwed.

Scott

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 8th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Some config settings are borderline hacks and are not allowed in any type of gaming leagues. Since this is a pub server we are a little more lenient but if I add some extra cheat detection (which I'm about to do) on the server, know that it will include some config checking.

Its better to go into your Counter-Strike Options and lower the game detail to its lowest setting and lower smoke to its lowest setting. I suggest that you be careful on which config changes you actually use unless you know exactly what they do.

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 8th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all of the input guys. I uninstalled the program and turned my vsync off and I am now getting 99 fps. Yup, I'm stooopid. But hey look where I'm from.

Captain
December 8th, 2003, 10:54 PM
doh config checks?? come on .... what can you possibly do in your cfg file to get an edge ;)lol

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 8th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Captain, if thats so why does every gaming league require config checking? hmmm.. maybe you should enlighten them with your thoughts.. lol

Other than that, I could probably list them out for you but we both know u already know which ones they are ;) :stick

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 9th, 2003, 06:32 AM
:owned

Scott

Elfarran
December 15th, 2003, 08:55 PM
this is not a hack and is ligit considering windows xp in some cases will cap FPS at 60 (mine does, others don't, yet some other peoples do), i have a program that raises my fps to 85 (which was max b/c of monitor i believe) so this is by far not a hack, it will raise FPS in other games to. except BF192 doesn't work in some cases when you've adjusted your fps like this.

-FA- ManiacalClown
December 15th, 2003, 09:21 PM
I have an Nvidia TNT2, which automatically lowers my framerate to about 10 whenever the bullets start flying. Is this a hack? :dunno:

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 16th, 2003, 06:39 AM
that my friend is what is known as a "self-hack"...ie. suicide!

Wratt
January 2nd, 2004, 09:53 PM
i modify my configure files alot and know what they do ,but i dont know which ones i shouldnt..i thought if your allowed to change it, it wasnt cheating just not done on some servers. like movement speed or turning the smokepuffs off..could someone leave me a list pls. i practice and dont want to be considered a cheat..and dont really need them but like to tweak my games for make ping...thanks guys..

$pecto|2
January 3rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
well, i would suggest trying to use common sense...

Turning off smoke puffs.... is that really fair?
Movement speed increase?? only thing i change is mouse sensitivity.
And change your models i think is.. not exactly fair.. big yellow terriost and big red ct's doesnt really make it fair on dark maps does it>?

Just play the game how ur supposed too, and if u cant chagne something in "options->customize" dont mess with it.

P.S. .. vertical sync = OFF = 99 fps. if my 3 year old 7200 pci radeon can do it, your anything can....

P.S.S W00t got a radeon 9600 pro for x-mas by the way :blue:

-FA- ManiacalClown
January 3rd, 2004, 02:00 PM
Playing with the gun models off...is that really fair?

(zing.)

$pecto|2
January 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by -FA- ManiacalClown
Playing with the gun models off...is that really fair?

(zing.)

maybe thats why they fixed it in 1.6..

-FA- ManiacalClown
January 4th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Comment rescinded.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==