PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon in Scotland

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:06 AM
Finally back to work after the bachelor party, wedding and honeymoon. 1200 posts to read and about 1000 e-mails to sort through. Anyways thought I would share some pics from the honeymoon in Scotland. We had a great time and would highly recommend it to anyone who has the means or the time.

Here's the first place we stayed - Borthwick Castle in Edinburgh

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:07 AM
Here's a view of the damage done to the oustide of the castle by come cannons when they were trying to get to Mary Queen of Scots.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:08 AM
Here's how we had to get to the room. 52 stairs up this spiral staircase. Thank God someone helped with the bags.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:10 AM
Me and Becky in the vaults under the city of Edinburgh. When the Plague struck Edinburgh, they pretty much sealed off the city and built a new one on top of it. This was on the haunted vault tour our first night.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM
This is the royal mile in Edinburgh.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM
Golf anyone. This is St. Andrews old course near the coast.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:12 AM
Here's the ruins of the St. Andrews Cathedral

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 10:14 AM
Last one for now. Still have to get the rest off the camera. Here's me and a suit of armor in Edinburgh.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 1st, 2003, 10:19 AM
Sweet man! I've always wanted to go to Scotland! My ancestors came from there a long time ago...and it would be neat to go see some of the sights.

Iccey
December 1st, 2003, 11:33 AM
Scotland w00t that where my Mom's Family is from once agian this year we got a Invation to go to a big Family Renioun there i want to go but cant i m so mad they ganna fly us there and everything man hehehe im ganna try and go next year casue its some big Milestone of the Clan Robertson (i dont know lol) so i hope to go next year hehehe:blue:

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 1st, 2003, 11:56 AM
Yankee...you and me need to chat. Im going in a few months and have some questions about what tours are open and which are closed as well as how the weather was. Im xtra jazzed now...w00t!

Scott

Lt.Dan
December 1st, 2003, 12:20 PM
wow that fist pic looks like a car commercial, good shot, no for real, :) makes me want to buy that car

}{y|3ri|)
December 1st, 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Lt.Dan
wow that fist pic looks like a car commercial, good shot, no for real, :) makes me want to buy that car

i was thinking the same thing, and that last pic makes me wish i was a suit of armor.. ;)

hah looks like yall had fun woohoo!

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 1st, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_}{y|3ri|)
i was thinking the same thing, and that last pic makes me wish i was a suit of armor.. ;)

hah looks like yall had fun woohoo!

The car we got was a Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 LS. Pretty nice car compared to what else was on the road. Funny thing was at one of the hotels, I was looking in the windows for something and this old lady came by and said, "Nice car, wish you had one."

LA_MERC_Spark
December 1st, 2003, 02:41 PM
wow! Sounds like a great trip d00d! Congrats again!

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:31 AM
Here's some more pics.

This is our hotel in Oban, Scotland - the Caledonian Hotel.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:32 AM
Here's one of the Highland Cows we came accross while driving. It looks like a normal cow with dreadlocks.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:33 AM
Here's Loch Ness. If you look real close you can see the monster.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 3rd, 2003, 11:39 AM
i see it!!! it's right there in the water!!

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
Wait, this was the picture with "Nessie" in it.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Here's a kewl pic of Oban. The tide had gone out and the boats were now resting on the bottom.

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 3rd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Here's the herd of sheep we had to move between fields. They were in the middle of moving them when we came down the road. The said, "Just drive through, they'll get out of the way."

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 3rd, 2003, 12:29 PM
that car is on the wrong side of the road! Stupid Scott's!

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 3rd, 2003, 12:33 PM
hahahah!
The said, "Just drive through, they'll get out of the way." Sounds like something you'd say at Mardi Gras too...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==