PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 23rd, 2003, 11:59 AM
1: For some reason, my temp gauge on my new case is'nt working. It worked just fine the other day now...nothing. It's supposed to be a back lit temp gauge. All through the build it worked even when I did the OS but now it's dark. I checked all the jumpers and they APPEAR to be seated properly. Any ideas??

2: I have a 2 pin connector that comes from the front pannel (it's internal) that I don't know where it goes. It has 1 red wire and one black wire. I THINK its for the buzzer but I'm not sure. Don't know where to connect it.

3: When I did the OS the floppy drive wasn't connected so the mobo auto loaded from the CD. When I plugged in the floppy last night and started up, I got a boot disk error. I THINK I need to ajust the bios but not sure how. Is this an easy fix or do I need to start COMPLETELY over?

4: When I took the sound card out of the Compaq it had a wire in the "CD" connector of the card that ran to the CD drive.I wasn't able to get it off the drive w/o tearing the whole comp apart. What does this wire do and how important is it? If needed I can just go buy one. It can't be more then a few bux.

I think that's about it. I'm really bummed about the temp gauge because thats one of the "cool" things about the case. Any help would be great.

O ther then these lilttle things it works fine...WAY FASTER then the old one...w00t!

Scott:)

SnAkEbItE
November 23rd, 2003, 12:40 PM
Well as for the temp guage I can't help you don't have one don't know anything about it.

As for the cord from cd to sound card that is for you to be able to put in a audio cd and it play the audio on it.

The other wires umm trace them to where they start at and then we can go further with that.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 23rd, 2003, 12:54 PM
Don't know about the temp guage either - prolly has a sensor somewhere that came loose...

If you use Windows Media player, Music Match jukebox, or a recent version of winamp, you probably don't need the cd-audio cable - try a cd and see if it plays. I haven't had one in my computer for a long time...

Does the extra wire have anything written on it? You say it's red and black...are there blank pins between the red and the black? If so it probably is the speaker wire. Look at your motherboard manual to see where it hooks up - it will probably be pretty close to where the Powerled, hddled, power switch and reset switch are...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 23rd, 2003, 12:54 PM
And PLEASE tell me you didn't load Win ME on this...

$pecto|2
November 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM
for the boot disk error, check bios, make sure it see's the floppy, and make sure u dont have a non-bootable disk in teh floppy :)

the cord from cd-rom to audio card just auto plays the cd if its music when u hook it up (right?).. but software usualy can detect it regardless like madmax said.

that wire is either for the sound/lights/power on/off for your case... i think.

ur led thing read manual if there is one cuase i dont knows :(

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Also, you could have the cable plugged in backwards on the floppy drive. I've seen that happen before. If the floppy disk is accessed all the time, good bet it's backwards. Just flip the cable.

Which case do you have? Which temp gauge do you have? These questions might help in us solving the other problems.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 24th, 2003, 06:55 AM
man, i need a beer after reading this thread.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 24th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Dont blame the thread f00. You need a ber when you wake up.

Scott :p:

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 24th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Exiles Child owns...Thanks f00, I got the temp guage working again.

Scott:D

}{y|3ri|)
November 25th, 2003, 08:15 AM
share with us what was up with the temp gauge plz

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==