PDA

View Full Version : SWG or FFXI

Mikey
November 21st, 2003, 11:47 PM
next week i will go buy one of the 2... i would rather swg becuase of the people i know that play (la_mercs) if i go get it will yall help me get going good and what now???

once i start i game i MASTER it (atleast try.. lol)

bighead
November 22nd, 2003, 01:17 AM
up to you man ffxi i hear is good but i'm having a blast in swg :D

Omega_Prime
November 22nd, 2003, 02:23 AM
thats a no brainer for any final fantasy fan, being me i would go with FFXI trust me its great! but then again i love star wars to but im not gonna pay for two games a month and when it comes to rpgs square is the best hands down! also depends on what type of rpg you like i guess.

Tracker
November 22nd, 2003, 06:37 AM
SWG..No doubt.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 22nd, 2003, 08:36 AM
FFXI baby!!! Just plain awsome!

}{y|3ri|)
November 22nd, 2003, 10:21 AM
ffxi looked cool and i actually was considering playing it, but omst of the mercs are playing at SWG.. i have soo much fun noobin around in SWG hehehehehe...

just remember as of now there is no slap damnce masta in ffxi... but there is one running around nekied in SWG...

w00t!

Captain
November 22nd, 2003, 11:45 AM
hahahaha SWG is nice... i never thought i would love a game that much.. it made me relize how obsolete CS really is... Still playing CS is like sticking with your nintendo when the Super Nintendo's came out.... LoL

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 22nd, 2003, 11:53 AM
Hell, I still play Atari 2600....what's your point??

Scott:D

Captain
November 22nd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
Hell, I still play Atari 2600....what's your point??

Scott:D

ha ha what game do you play?? I wish i still had mine from when i was like 3-5 years old...

Mikey
November 22nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
oh no no no.... comadore 64... best game EVER... Overlord

wish i could find that game again (for something other then comadore of course)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 22nd, 2003, 05:39 PM
I have this cool gadget I bougt at Target for $10. It s the original joystick with a/v plugs. It has 10 games built into the paddle.

Adventure
Asteroids
Breakout
Circus Atari
Centipede
Gravitar
Missle Command
Pong
Volleyball
Can't remeber the last one

You can find them online for about $15. My 3 yr old loves to (try to) play. He does good at Asteroids.

Scott

Captain
November 23rd, 2003, 01:50 PM
LoL w00t

Mikey
November 23rd, 2003, 08:04 PM
for those of you that play ffxi... what server do yall play on? or is it split by servers?

}{y|3ri|)
November 23rd, 2003, 10:35 PM
you need joust!

CajunTech
November 24th, 2003, 09:13 AM
I bought Final Fantasy the day after it was released. Took about 2-3 hours to install and download patches and then I played it for 2 days. I switched back to CS real quick. I kept getting lost in the big city and I couldn't understand what half the people were saying (Japanese). I've played Ultima Online (5 years) and Dark Age of Camelot (2 years) before and enjoyed them both. I think if you aren't a Final Fantasy fan, then you won't enjoy the game much.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 24th, 2003, 04:27 PM
It was out for a day and you had to patch it??? WTH is that??? That alone would piss me off enough to not wanna give it a fair chance.

SCott

CoF
November 25th, 2003, 02:23 PM
its been out in japan for like what a year so of course they would have updated it in that time. thus the patching which wasn't that bad people. the cities aren't much bigger than swg and overall i think its a more solid game. the missions are explained simply enough and arent that hard to do if ur not a retard. most of them r easy and take no time to do. the gameplay goes basically exactly the same as swg or daoc as far as fighting. they have many techniques u can use and alot of diff. classes which can be subclassed which means u can do two jobs at once and use skills from both to maximize the abilities of ur character. if u don't like parties u can lvl solo just as easy as in a party. and the japanese people are the nicest peoples u'll ever play with (if u can get that "ONE" who understands english") they will help u alot if they can like i've met a few who helped me get my subjob which took me 1 or 2 hours but would have taken me 5 or 6 hrs maybe even a day. and u dont have to see their lang. they6 have options to were u only see what u want to. overall i play it a crap load of the time which is why i haven't been playing cs at all. and u don't have to be a fan of final fantasy to like it. i'd say u could know nothing about it and get the same thing if not more than u do from swg and daoc. its a great game plain and simple no matter how u look at it.

CajunTech
November 25th, 2003, 04:00 PM
I think I was just expecting a different type of game when I bought it. Maybe I didn't play long enough to give it a chance, but I personally didn't find it enjoyable. When I logged in everyone was running around with pumpkins on thier heads looking like walking Jack O' Lanterns and alot of the text that came across my screen was Japanese (guessing here, cause it sure wasn't English). The graphics are good and I do like the job/sub-job concept, but the game just doesn't do it for me. If anyone wants a cheap copy let me know. The free month is over with, but I'll sell it for $20-$30 to make up for it. Still in mint condition since I moved to a new house 2 days after buying it and it hasn't left the box since I moved.

CoF
November 26th, 2003, 03:17 PM
heheh yea u won't really see much jap chat now a days i only see it like once or twice in town or when i ask someone if they want to group and all i get is silence or a bunch of emotes followed by "I Dunt Spake English ^^;;" thats about all they can say. and the pumpkin thing was for halloween it was a special deal were u could do a mini quest to get the jak o lantern hat, a bat wand, or some fireworks. each of which has some sort of helpful side effect or atleast looks neat. sure its not for everyone and i didn't get used to it at 1st either. but i gave it a chance and after a day or so i got used to it and now can't stop playing it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==