PDA

View Full Version : Replaceing the Oracle

Lt.Dan
November 13th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I took this text from TheMatrix.com web page, it clears up why they changed her.

"Because Smith’s ego and power threaten to overwhelm both the real and Machine worlds, the Oracle chooses to help Neo – a decision that costs her dearly. As it is explained in the video game Enter the Matrix, the Oracle’s appearance (or “shell”) has been terminated by the vengeful Merovingian, so she takes a new form in Revolutions."

"In developing the scripts for Reloaded and Revolutions, the Wachowskis discussed the idea of changing the Oracle’s physical appearance, but decided instead to have actress Gloria Foster reprise her role from The Matrix in the second and third chapters of the trilogy. When Foster passed away after completing her scenes for Reloaded, the Brothers returned to their original idea for the path of the Oracle. “Gloria was a remarkably talented, charismatic woman,” Silver recalls. “We are extremely proud that she will always be remembered for delivering two of her finest performances in The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded. Fate forced the Wachowskis to alter the path of the Oracle to address Gloria’s passing, but they were able to deepen the character’s story as a result and I think it’s very effective."

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 13th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Maybe if I'd have seen EVEN 1 OF THE THREE MOVIES I'd know wth you were talking about.

Scott

Captain
November 13th, 2003, 06:20 PM
ha i already knew that... but then again i was bein all nerdy about the Matrix Series... bah nothing to be proud of LoL

roXet
November 13th, 2003, 07:08 PM
you havn't seen any one of the three CFH? I don't know if I can hang around you anymore...

Redneck
November 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
He was too busy eating Tofu burgers.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
November 13th, 2003, 09:09 PM
LOL!!!! To much tofu for CFH.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==