PDA

View Full Version : steam bs

LA_MERC_Spark
November 12th, 2003, 08:41 PM
this is what i'm getting now...

This server is using an older protocol(46)than your clien.

WTF??? does this update have anything to do with it?

We have released a game engine update via Steam this evening. This release includes a number of additions and bug fixes, including one which should clear up the remaining cases of the authentication error people have been getting today.

Server admins please note that this release will require all game servers to restart. If you run a server on Windows, you'll need to restart manually; Linux servers will restart automatically if the server admin has enabled that option.

Phantom
November 12th, 2003, 08:48 PM
I just got the same thing. I wanted to play tonight but no I have some protocol 46. and before that I had some invalde something or other. I am learning that steam gets me steamed up lol. Well I just wanted to let you know Spark I am have the same thing you are "a bad taste in my mouth and it is called steam"

Phantom

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 12th, 2003, 08:48 PM
isn't that just freakin peachy! and just think, i was looking forward to getting killed for a couple of hours tonight..those bastages!!!!

Daedelus
November 12th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah same here i wish it would have givin me a choice of not upgrading yet then rather that auto up date. oh well time for some Wintermaul warcraft 3 style.

Mordsyth
November 12th, 2003, 09:36 PM
hahahahahahaha lololololololo....me 2 as a matter of fact i just posted one called what the heck with the same diolog

Captain
November 13th, 2003, 12:23 AM
woohooo!! I Love Steam!!!!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 13th, 2003, 12:39 AM
The server just has to restart...read steam news when you have problems..

"We have released a game engine update via Steam this evening. This release includes a number of additions and bug fixes, including one which should clear up the remaining cases of the authentication error people have been getting today.

Server admins please note that this release will require all game servers to restart. If you run a server on Windows, you'll need to restart manually; Linux servers will restart automatically if the server admin has enabled that option.
"

SgtJeff
November 13th, 2003, 12:57 AM
bah h4x...restart..restart...I have error..

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2003, 10:44 AM
It needed to be updated .. A restart wasn't going to fix the problem

Anyway, I updated the server and restarted it. Sorry for being so slow about it but I haven't been home Since this past Friday. I've been at my parents for a week now because of family issues. Hopefully, I'll be headed back home during the weekend.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 13th, 2003, 11:19 AM
np Op thanks as always, I hope everyone is as good as can be expected, let me know if ya need anything.

Mike

LA_MERC_Spark
November 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM
thax op... you b da man!

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 11:51 AM
ok as of 11:15 central this morning i was able to log in. Then at noon i couldnt log into steam. Now almost 1:00 I get a ticket error trying to connect to server. Was able to connect to another server.
Hating steam at moment.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2003, 12:09 PM
All Hail Uther Pendragon!

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Ah someone who knows his Camelot. Hail to thee!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Yeah man...I read "The Crystal Cave" years ago...great story...plus, I like the historical reference.

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 02:52 PM
So any idea about this ticket error?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Ticket errors should be resolved if the people running the server downloaded and ran the recent patch.

As of right now, the Steam Master Authentication servers are down.

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Ok, thus the merc server cant be updated then.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2003, 02:59 PM
The merc server has been updated but on restart, it failed to locate any steam master auth servers because they seem to be offline. Thus the reason no one can join

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks, now i have a better understanding of how things works and can explain it to the other Thibodaux peeps who have grown to love this server.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2003, 03:06 PM
If once our server is back up and running and you are still getting that error, then log out of your steam account and log back into it.

roXet
November 13th, 2003, 03:12 PM
as toby said, log out of steam and log back in. But don't simply restart steam then start it back up. Right click on the steam icon in your tray, go to the settings area and hit logout. Then log back in.

I was getting this last night and a restart of steam didn't fix it, but when I did the actual "logout" it fix0red it.

Uther
November 13th, 2003, 09:50 PM
thanks that worked

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==