PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions Discussion *WARNING SPOILERS*

LA_MERC_Onji
November 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Just thought I would give everyone a place to talk freely about the new matrix film. I really enjoyed it. The attack on Zion was freaking amazing! This one really kept you on the edge of your seat at times.

Hollus
November 5th, 2003, 09:54 PM
I thought the movie was a disappointment. Yes, the attack on Zion was nuts but over all i thought it was a rush rush film. Hardly any Kung-Fu in the movie. The first movie is by far my favorite. This movie is nothing more than Mechwarrior/Superman with a sprinkle of religion. Just my thoughts

-H-

BigOne
November 5th, 2003, 10:20 PM
i thought it was tight

LA_MERC_JESTER
November 5th, 2003, 10:59 PM
couple of things I did not understand, like the whole oracle thing, like it made think that the acutal whole deal was the oracle vs the architech and neo was just a little go between, like what the oracle doing in the bottom of the crater dead.... dont know, it was entertaining but not very closing in my mind............

pattont
November 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM
well i guess its my duty 2 post here.. I LOVED THE MOVIE..... OMG... i just got home from watching it.. im going back ASAP..... i can't stop thinking about it... every bit of that movie was soooo awesome..

pattont
November 5th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_JESTER
couple of things I did not understand, like the whole oracle thing, like it made think that the acutal whole deal was the oracle vs the architech and neo was just a little go between, like what the oracle doing in the bottom of the crater dead.... dont know, it was entertaining but not very closing in my mind............

welp the oracle was the main "mr.smith" after he converted her... That made the mr. smith that much more powerful.. When neo owned him he switched back 2 the person that was before, aka the oracle... All the other mr.smith's were then killed cause the main one died... I think thats how it went.. i wanna see it again ASAP...

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 6th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Patton is right. The Smith that attacked Neo at the end was the "oracle/Smith" because she was the most powerful. You'll also note that one of the Smiths that died turned into the Indian girl also. None of the rest of the Smiths turned into anyone else because either A) they were actually people IN the Matrix, or b) they were other Agents who had taken over bodies of people in the Matrix.

The Zion sequence was BAD TO THE BONE! Man...the Mechs were AWESOME! Especially when they;re all shooting at the hole in the dome when ALL the squids enter in that big mass...I was like HOLY CRAP!!!

There IS a lot of religion in this final movie. Eastern AND Western religion. The architect balances things while the oracle unbalances things (please note her Yin-Yang ear rings). Very East, while Neo becomes the Messiah figure ("It is done"...spoken by 01).

My question, the architect says, "I'll let them all go" meaning the people in the Matrix. How does he have the ability to do this? He has no control over the machines (who actually control the ones in the Matrix).

Also, when Smith infects Neo...apparently part of Neo transfers himself to all the Smiths (just as Smith said in #2 that part of Neo was in him). Is that how, then, all the Smiths died?

The Trinity scene in the movie was VERY drawn out, I think. That scene and the Merovingian scene could have been a little different (bunch of freaks in that scene!). Oh well, I didn't write the movie.

This was a great movie...I'll have to see it again to fully appreciate it...

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 6th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Oh, also...when you get to hear the voice of 10,000 squids, when Neo meets 01...OMG! That was awesome!!! "SPEAK..." w00t!

LA_MERC_Onji
November 6th, 2003, 07:18 AM
here is now i believe how all of the smiths were destroyed. During the last of the fight between neo and smith, smith turns neo into one of him which was a mistake. That is all the machines needed to get into the smith 'program' since they were jacked into neo. Once they were in they sent a bad ass virus or surge (hence all of the electricity shooting into neo by the machines) that destroyed all of the smiths. I may be wrong, but thats how i saw it.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 6th, 2003, 07:23 AM
That could be...afterall, he WAS jacked in directly into 01...so, it was able to tell exactly when it needed to send the surge. Cool idea...

roXet
November 6th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Ok, I gotta get some work done this morning, but I will post my thoughts on the movie later today. It will take me a good while to fully put my thoughts in order.

LA_MERC_JESTER
November 6th, 2003, 09:01 AM
i believe that to be the truth Onji, i was thinking that, the other funny thing is that they kept neo's body, for what hummmm, and then the statement how long will the peace last, "has long has it lasts". Never can tell we've maybe not seen the end..... Prob, do like they did with star wars and make a expanded universe. The other thing that rocked was how playing the game "EtM" made me kinda feel like I had something to do with it. That rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pattont
November 6th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Onji
here is now i believe how all of the smiths were destroyed. During the last of the fight between neo and smith, smith turns neo into one of him which was a mistake. That is all the machines needed to get into the smith 'program' since they were jacked into neo. Once they were in they sent a bad ass virus or surge (hence all of the electricity shooting into neo by the machines) that destroyed all of the smiths. I may be wrong, but thats how i saw it.

thats a very good point.. i never thought of it that way.. The only thing was that neo had 2 sacrifice his life, which didn't matter 2 him cause he saved his people and he waned 2 be with trinity... I can't wait 2 go see it again..... I think im gonna go buy the game and just see how it is, plus all the bonus scenes on it... w0000t!!!

Omega_Prime
November 6th, 2003, 02:44 PM
i liked it, and i dont think trinitys death was drawn out, i mean come on people thats neos love and really the only reason is wants to live other than saving mankind that is, i thought i was done very well but i with onji i need to watch it again, now if only Dec 17th and may of 05 would just hurry up and get here!

IamTylerDurden
November 6th, 2003, 03:31 PM
I saw it at zero hour yesterday and then again at 945 that night..

I LOVED IT!.. I wasnt sure after the first time, but with 12 hours to think in between and then catch it again, I was able to grasp it all.

TO add to Onji's description of killing Smith.. I think they got his code by pulling it straight out since neo was jacked in at the source just like Onji said, then they basically PATCHED it from a computer way of looking and it, and then either reset the matric (black cat scene) or they just loaded a whole new version.

Yup yup... LOVED IT!

pattont
November 7th, 2003, 12:45 AM
well deja vu.. was said 2 be when they changed something.. they didn't necessarily have 2 reset the entire thing... They had 2 fix the buildings and all that crap that got damaged.. The only part i didn't like was the superman fighting.. i didn't like it cause u couldn't really see what was going on.. i dunno just wasn't that great... still can't wait 2 see it again..

pattont
November 7th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Omega_Prime
now if only Dec 17th and may of 05 would just hurry up and get here!

i knew what u were saying about dec. 17.. LOTR.. what are u talking about may of 05? whats so special about that...

-FA- hoody
November 7th, 2003, 01:33 AM
yeah i know what you mean matrix. when they were flying and fighting you really couldnt tell who was wooping who's a$$. But still pretty cool. But how bad did that suck when Neo's eyes got burned out. That was wak.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 7th, 2003, 06:48 AM
May '05 = SW Episode 3

pattont
November 7th, 2003, 11:18 AM
ah ty

-FA- ManiacalClown
November 7th, 2003, 04:30 PM
The literal reason aside, the PHILOSOPHICAL reason that Smith (and Neo, for that matter) died is because when the Self and anti-Self come into contact, they obliterate each other.

Blue
November 8th, 2003, 12:53 AM
The destruction of the Smith Program, an alternative view:
1.) the Oracle said that the architech did not understand the decission he made. His function was to balace the equation.
2.) as Neo got more powerful, so did the Smith Program
When Neo became the Smith Program the equation was unbalanced and could only be balanced by the destruction of the Smith Program... bye bye Smith Program.

Holes in this theory: why was it necessary to jack in at computer city? Maybe this gave the the architech power to influene the destruciton of the Smith Program, I don't know.

The movie was entertaining, but I hope they come out with an extended version of the series. Too many unanswered questions.

-FA- hoody
November 8th, 2003, 12:16 PM
rgr that

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 8th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I Got a good Question... NEO is blind but he can see this fire like ora <--- dont know if i spelled that right... around all the machines. The only way I could exsplain this is that he is connected somehow, Whats up with that. The Oracle said that he was Connected W/O having to be Jacked in. like in the begining when he was traped in the train driver's little world. So Why go to Machine City and get jacked in there.... Hummmm, Mayby I am just looking a little to deep.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2003, 04:48 PM
ora = aura, just fyi since you asked... :D

LA_MERC_BS
November 9th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Well NEO had to go to the Machine city anyway to make a deal for the safety of Zion. The Smiths had taken over the Matrix. NEO was the only one who could go back in and get Smith.

As for the destruction of Smith, lets look at it in another light. Remember in Reloaded when NEo was in the Park with the Oracle and Smith showed up. Smith told Neo that he didn't know how it happened. When they connected, something copied off Neo onto smith.
Now in Revalutions the Oricle told NEO that Smith was NEO's negative. Since all of this started from the joining of Smith and Neo in the first place, the logical way to end it would be to rejion the two again. Everything that has a begining has an end. When NEO heard Smith say that in the end, he knew that was the Oracle talking. I think Neo let Smith take him because NEO believed that the oracle was trying to tell him to.
I don't think NEO is dead. He was still kicking around a little bit when they hauled him off. Plus the Oracle had that smart little smirk about her when the little girl asked about NEO coming back. Where were the machines taking NEO? Is he going to be assimilated into the machine world. If so , then that would give NEO a whole lot of power. So much power that the Oracle can be a little cocky in a conversation with the Archatect. I agree that they left out too much information. I wanted to know NEO's fait.

I wish they would have showed more "Foo Man Chu" fighting. They seemed to focus more on ZION. Serrif (Spelling) needed more scenes, just because he was the mack daddy. I wanted to see NEO BSLAP the train man. I think he let him off way too easy. The frenchmans ole lady should have had a nude scene. She is just a little too hot. I wanted to see the twins again. They were too cool to not have more scene time. Kind of like Darth Maul.

-FA- Th|3f
November 9th, 2003, 12:40 PM
ending sucked

NoXiOuS
November 9th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Ohh, PErsephone? Yeah she is hot.
HEr real name is Monica BElucci.
Yes, i was bored. Yes i researched her. :)
She was also in Tears of the Sun.....

LA_MERC_BS
November 9th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Tears of the sun was good. She played a good role in it. I watched the movie 3 times and not one time did her stuff fall out of her shirt. Sooo close, but never did.

pattont
November 9th, 2003, 11:35 PM
bah... i hated that tears of the sun movie.... WAY 2 SLOW... i agree with most of the stuff said about the matrix in here so far.. i kindof do want like a matrix revisited 2 or something... something 2 fill in the final questions..

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 10th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Well, hate to be a downer, but did anyone else notice how cheesy the script was?

The one-liners and what not were absolutely horrendous. There was entirely too much "fluff" in the way of eye candy and not enough attention to detail.

Couple of eyebrow raisers... 10 bajillion squids in the dock... why do they fly around in streams rather than attack the people. Surely hive mind would be present, but wouldn't you think they would spread out and destroy individual targets? sheesh And only two women with shoulderm ounted rockets? wth were the thousands celbrating at the end going to do? Stand by and die? I'm sure there were more than 2 people with rockets.

Here's a rant, you are fighting doctor octupus style squids, but you don't have a protective canopy on your robot? wth Heck, an AWP would take out half of 'm (figurative example).

This all relates to my dissapointment with their half-arse attempt to show the entire world the humans live in. Who seriously belives they would have these awesome machines and technology and lack the ability to mass produce non-ragged clothing? And paint? I understand the dark look and all, but it just dosen't make sense when tied all together as they tried to do with the 2nd and 3rd movies.

IMHO, they layed a big fat goose egg on this one. The first movie was great, giving us just a glimpse of the way things were. The problem with the 2nd and 3rd movies was they tried to show too much and left too many holes in the middle. Obviously a lot of you don't feel this way, but I think this is the worst ending to a trilogy since Back to the Future 3... =\

It'll be a cold, cold day before I spend any more money on anything related tro this series in the future. bah

LA_MERC_Yankee
November 10th, 2003, 10:25 AM
I must concur Dirge. Not since the Thin Red Line have I been so disappointed in a move. To add to some of the problems that Dirge points out:

Neo: You can't die Trinity
Trinity: Yes I can (I should refer to her as Trin-that was also pretty pitaful)

WTH kind of script is that. Give me a break And then there's the little 18-year old kid saying, "I wasn't trained." "Neither was I" says the almighty general.

Anyone else notice the simlirity to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy when the two ships seperated. One unarmed ship with only two people on it going to the Mt. Doom of the Matrix and the other going to fight in the Battle Royal in the humans casa. But hey, the Kool-Aid man was pretty cool.

There were numerous times in the movie when all I could do was laugh.

The only reason this is not considered the worst movie I've ever seen was b/c we saw it at the IMax. The little IMax intro thing in the beginning was better than the movie.

I can guarentee I will not spend another penny on this POS series of movies. Or am I telling the truth because I am human. It's all about choices I choose not to waste my time again.

pattont
November 10th, 2003, 12:40 PM
bah... you all are right on some points, but quit looking soooooo deep into every line.. yea we pointed out philosophical aspects of the movie, but you are picking at each line... I thought it was very entertaining..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==