PDA

View Full Version : offshore

Captain
October 29th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Anyone here know anyone or even work offshore or anything?? I am looking for a job offshore and would like to find out what all is out there... any help would be greatly apprciated..

Corp
October 30th, 2003, 12:03 AM
heY CAPT TRY dRAGON (Silly caps) from COPS clan i think he works offshore..

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 30th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Yes he do.....that's who I was gonna suggest

Scott

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 30th, 2003, 09:01 AM
i used to work offshore...what questions do you have? I worked as a roughneck for 1.5 yrs and a roustabout for 1 yr with Global Marine Drilling Co.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 30th, 2003, 09:20 AM
and here I thought this was gonna be about fishing, doh!

Captain
October 30th, 2003, 10:17 AM
what i need is some help as in getting hired... Where to go.... what i need to do... stuff like that...

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 30th, 2003, 10:56 AM
i got hired by sending out alot of resumes. I went to the unemployment center on N. 18th street, and they gave me a list of offshore company's and their addresses. I'll tell you this...i would not recommend working offshore...especially if you have a family. It is a dangerous job (sometimes). I consider myself a "safe worker" yet i had my thumb almost severed off. So much that goes on out there is not under your control...you have to rely on your co-workers to watch your back sometimes...and you have watch others.

granted, you get paid fairly well and depending on your schedule, you can have 2 weeks off at time.

Global Marine is a good company to work for, Diamond offshore is another one. you can also look at Shlumberger (spelling) or Haliburton but they do more service work and their work schedules are not desirable, including alot of 'on-call' days.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==