PDA

View Full Version : Error, can't play CS

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Hey guys - I formatted my box after doing some upgrades, and re-installed Steam...I can play half-life itself, but I get this error when trying to play cs:

Steam has found the following problem with your game:
SteamProcessCall(WaitForAppReadyToLaunch)failed with error 15: Cache Read Failure

The game data cache needs to be flushed in order to run.
Do you with to do this now?

OK Cancel

If I click ok, it pops right back up.

Any Ideas?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 29th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Also, as an added note, I originally bought the retail CS, having never played Half-Life, and I just realized that the CS steam installer has Half-Life too, so I can finally play it...w00t!

IamTylerDurden
October 29th, 2003, 09:16 PM
maybe the install part is down or something...

Tracker
October 29th, 2003, 11:14 PM
I was going to install the game but I think I will wait until the bugs are worked out a little more. BC I r a nub and would be pulling my hair out..:)

Blue
October 30th, 2003, 02:16 AM
When I was having problems I just uninstalled everything... all of it (retail version) and just installed Steam. Steam will install its version of CS and halflife, entered your key and hopefully we will see you online.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 30th, 2003, 05:50 AM
that's what i did blue - i actually formatted my whole machine after upgrading.

IamTylerDurden
October 30th, 2003, 06:18 PM
GOT IT MAX!!! OR AT LEAST I THINK... DO THIS...

Start steam and right click on "Counter-Strike", and go to properties. Now click "Delete Local Game Content...".

Once its done with that double click on "Counter-Strike" again and it should download from content server.

I'm Halfway done with this hopeing this will work.

YOU MAY WANNA BACKUP CERTAIN THINGS FROM YOUR CS FOLDER!!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 30th, 2003, 08:18 PM
w00t! thx hambone...I'll try it now :-P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==