PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! i wanna play

BigOne
October 20th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Ok i keep trying to connect to the steam thing and it keeps telling me its checking for updates then bout 2 mins pass and it say's "fatal error: Failed to connect to any" wth does that mean i cant ever connect to steam so my CS career is over till the lan that would really really really suck

$pecto|2
October 20th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Here is what i do when i have ANY problem i think would help to post:

Ask your self:

Is this a problem with Steam? if yes, refer to answer A.
All else,refer to B.

............Answers.............

A. Its Steams, new, has bugs, has problems, only time and Steam fixing thier server will solve. (this answer assumes you have not done anything to your steam folder/client since last time it did work.)

B. Post away.

BigOne
October 20th, 2003, 04:11 PM
yeah well it never worked since i dled it and i also have tried to re dl it but it still doesnt work

Captain
October 20th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by $pecto|2
Here is what i do when i have ANY problem i think would help to post:

Ask your self:

Is this a problem with Steam? if yes, refer to answer A.
All else,refer to B.

............Answers.............

A. Its Steams, new, has bugs, has problems, only time and Steam fixing thier server will solve. (this answer assumes you have not done anything to your steam folder/client since last time it did work.)

B. Post away.

LMAO hahahahahahhaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tracker
October 20th, 2003, 08:06 PM
lol....Nubs..thats why I dont have it yet :)

terror
October 21st, 2003, 02:09 AM
i had the same problem will amost it was my firewall.

BigOne
October 22nd, 2003, 02:40 PM
well i dont have a fire wall but now i got into it and now every time i try to connect to a server i get this screen that says updating cs and then it tells me i get a steam error and i dont know what to do or what i am doing

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 22nd, 2003, 03:05 PM
when you un-installed after the first time, did you delete the previous steam folder before you re-installed? This is the advice Toby has been giving people and it seems to work.

Blue
October 22nd, 2003, 05:43 PM
Last night I was playing and got some serious lag issues. I jumped out and when I tried to jump back in steam ran an auto update. Since then I have seriously irritated. Whenever I tried to connect, it starts fine, and then I get to the “validating game resources” step and the game stops responding. On steams forum a guy suggested uninstalling, reinstalling… Did that, same problem. Now I have uninstalled and killed every file that I can find that is closely related to valve (even in the registry). My screen tells me I will be updated in two days. Maybe I will see you guys tonight. I will let you know if this helps.

Blue
October 22nd, 2003, 10:20 PM
It did not work. Frankly, I do not know what is going on. I can see that people are playing, so I am guessing the problem is on my computer. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it: [email protected]

BigOne
October 23rd, 2003, 03:46 PM
ok i got everything straitend out and i played a lil last night man do i suck on 1.6 but i sucked on 1.5 oh well it's still fun w00t

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==