blondie
October 17th, 2003, 06:16 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 17th, 2003, 06:39 AM
ummm no offense but that is ridicuously dumb

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 17th, 2003, 07:41 AM
1st of all, it's a cartoon ans second why is it dumb??

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 17th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Well, it implies that AHnold and the attention he is getting has eclipsed the national scene and hence GW.

While in Cali that MAY be true, it is absurd to the rest of the country, especially fly over country. And also when the arguments about Iraq fly back and forth and lead the news every night.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I thought he was talking about the microphone wires on Arnolds podium. The fact that you have 2 mics on 1 cable is retarded...

}{y|3ri|)
October 17th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
Well, it implies that AHnold and the attention he is getting has eclipsed the national scene and hence GW.

While in Cali that MAY be true, it is absurd to the rest of the country, especially fly over country. And also when the arguments about Iraq fly back and forth and lead the news every night.

you dont like alot of the political cartoons do you?

and tech why is it that we notice that stuff lol

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 17th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I see, it's a matter of interpretation. I took it as Arnold is casting a shadow as a warning, "I'm coming for your job." While that may seem absurb, remember Regan....Actor, Gov of CA, President. There is currently discussion about legislation to change the requirement to born in the US to be president. Stanger things have happened.

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 17th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Well Arnold isn't going to be President. The law for natural born presidents will not change. The Democrats are looking at changing it because they LOVE the governor of Michigan who is Canadian born.

Even your interpretation of the cartoon doesn't hold that well. Since the recall, how much have you heard on the national news about Arnold?

Oh and about Reagan, he was an exceptional case. When he became governor of California and subsequently President, he did it because he KNEW issues, he KNEW how to tackle problems, and he KNEW hot to enact policy. Arnold has had to assemble a staff to tell him those things and thusly isn't in the same league as Reagan. :p

And Hyrbid, I do like some political cartoons, I just thought this one lacked any bite, wit, or humor.

}{y|3ri|)
October 17th, 2003, 02:24 PM
the only objection i have to some of these cartoons is most of the artist are expressing thier political views or poking fun at issues that you wouldnt dare joke about in conversation... ive seen some that just plan tick me off and others that i thought where hilarious...

my interpretation of this clip was that arnold is a biger spotlight then what bush is trying to do... and sadly why do you think he got elected... public favor means more to some people then thier stand on issue at some times..

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 17th, 2003, 02:32 PM
This is why I hate politics and people who consider themslves knowledgable. There's no talking to them. It's their opinion or no opinion.

In fact, I'm moving this into "on topic" since it's so politicaly charged. I'm also reinstituting my self-imposed exile from that forum...have fun!

Scott

aCiD
October 21st, 2003, 07:56 PM
AMen Cowboy.. i think it looks funny... which made me laugh.. the fact "some" people made it political... well we just wont get into it because they think they know it all .. and i know a lot of people like that =)... later on

NoXiOuS
October 21st, 2003, 09:59 PM
can i have a hug?

pattont
October 21st, 2003, 11:04 PM
lol.. its pretty funny.. im not a political cartoon fan... oh well nice one meagin..

Blue
October 30th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Maybe the two mic cords have been taped together; I think that makes a lot more sense to me. I should probably organize all my cables like that. It's a mess under my desks... I knew Arnold had political ambitions when he worked for Reagan, but I thought he would run for a national office. It has been an interesting turn of events.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==