PDA

View Full Version : Having problems

ThatsAbigNegative
October 11th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Well i finaly got my internet up n running again, had a few "bugs" to work out, Well now i try to log onto lamerc on CS and it says something about not being able to long on to LAN... is lamerc in lan mode or what? because I wanna kill someone and merc is the only place i like to do so ;x HELP!!!

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM
LOL...You have to download steam and get cs 1.6 in order to get into the server since we updated it. If you've already done this and are trying to use hlsw to get in, you need to have steam create you a desktop icon for cs 1.6, then point your hlsw connection to that icon (the icon is created as a .exe file). I personally just use steam to log onto the server, but I still use hlsw to see who is on the server.

Jason

ThatsAbigNegative
October 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM
When i load steam and join the server, CS will flash open for a second and then close... What now..?

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 12th, 2003, 03:53 PM
did you use the standard steam installer or did you use the installer that included cs 1.6? If you used the standard steam installer, uninstall steam, delete the steam folder in your programs files on c:, then use the steam installer that includes 1.6. If you used the installer with 1.6, then uninstall steam, delete steam folder, reinstall. If youve done that, then ????.

ThatsAbigNegative
October 13th, 2003, 10:17 AM
i used the installer that included cs 1.6 i ran it and it uninstalled all old steam and cs files, it moved whatever it needed and installed the new stuff so i dont understand why it wont load right. Maybe i'll have to reinstall again and see how that works? if not then im going to be extreamly mad about this update .... Long live CS =\

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 13th, 2003, 10:25 AM
I had to sacrifice a chicken to get mine to work correctly. You could try that...or listen to the people that did it the right way...

ThatsAbigNegative
October 13th, 2003, 12:30 PM
ok, iv done everything you said. uninstalled steam file, deleted folder, reinstalled. it still does it, its updated everything and if i just double click COUNTER-STRIKE on the game menu or go through the servers and try join lamerc server it still does the same thing, says "prepairing to play counter-strike...." and then that window closes the CS screen flashes on and then off just long enough to get my hope up. I used "steaminstall_cs" thats the file name, i downloaded it from fileplanet. on www.counter-strike.net it says Download CS 1.6! Full CS v1.6. do i need a differint file or what?

Trust me im trying here! and i really want to get this to work, please help, if u can

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 13th, 2003, 01:39 PM
I had to update my router to the latest firmware to stop getting an error.....just a suggestion for anyone having probs, I know how aggrevating it can be.

What error are you getting when you press console?

ThatsAbigNegative
October 13th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Im not getting a error message, CS screen flashes then closes.

NoXiOuS
October 14th, 2003, 01:54 AM
ok, next up is the sacrificing of the virgins. lol

$pecto|2
October 14th, 2003, 11:45 AM
might be a g-card issue if ur's is really crap.. cuase if i try to play bf1942 i get the flash/close cusae my suxor's....

uninstall, re-download, reinstall..... but its obvsiously not a 'software' issue if it keeps happening.... cusae works for the rest of us

ThatsAbigNegative
October 14th, 2003, 04:32 PM
my g-cards not crap so cant be that... i dont know, I miss counter-strike... stupid update!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==