PDA

View Full Version : Buying advise

Corp
September 24th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Where is the best place to get maybe a new case and some pc parts ...i am gathering it would be online but where ?
PLease help the uber aussie out :P

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 24th, 2003, 10:35 PM
most around here use www.newegg.com if you REALLY spend time researching it you can get some cheap stuff AND free shipping...sometimes.

Scott

$pecto|2
September 25th, 2003, 12:55 AM
yay, way to shop online, i got all my new comp parts online, and being my first buy online and first built comp, i spent lots of hours researching.. some thigns to know are.

1. Always check http://www.resellerratings.com/ b4 u buy.
2. Most companies arnt tryin to screw u, but some like www.ocsystem.com are. (refer to #1)
3. most popular/best search for price = www.pricewatch.com or www.pricegrabber.com
4. Newegg is basicaly the wal-mart online, all i ordered from them was some thermal compound, cuase im cheap and just orderd from lowest prices.

5. sites i ordered from and recomend based on my experience.
www.googlegear.com
www.directron.com
www.11cb.com
www.buyxg.com

Somtimes specific parts wont be listed on price search engines, so i would always check fav'ed sites too.

6. Keep eye on shipping prices, the free ship's somties come out cheaper or vise vers.

there are some cheap VERY cool cases out there right now, (like aroudn 50 bucks for window/lights/fans included).. and somthin i wish somone told me b4 i got my case = a full tower steel case is FREAKEN HEAVY. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 25th, 2003, 05:06 AM
I would rather have a heavy and sturdy case than one that you sneeze at and make dents in.

www.pricegrabber.com : this will list the best prices for whatever part you want.
www.pricewatch.com : almost the same as above...but doesn't give seller ratings.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 25th, 2003, 05:40 AM
check http://www.insightcomponents.com

Omega_Prime
September 30th, 2003, 12:39 PM
nothing but newegg, best prices and best shipping youll ever see, not to mention they are a great company to deal with.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==