PDA

View Full Version : old skins in 1.6

LA_MERC_Spark
September 19th, 2003, 03:15 PM
so i've got my skins from the donkey pack working..for the most part.. thing is that when u kill someone they jump to swim mode..kinda funny at first, but it makes it dificult to see with all the bodies standing arround....the weapon models auto to left hand so you need to switch to left handed mode to play with right handed weapons...i also had to move all my maps and wad files over to the my steam/..../...cstrike directory....if you want your old skins 2 work, you'll need to copy your model, sound, and sprites folders over to the steam cstrike folder... you'll then need to delete the p_ models or it won't work...IMHO it just aint worth it though...in a couple of weeks the 4.0 DonkeyPack will be available for 1.6, and I'm sure others are being prepared.....

Captain
September 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Yes CS|RU is developing what the call.. the ultimate realism pack for CS that will work on 1.6.. I am not sure how close it is to completiong but i do know they have been on it for some time now.

Corp
September 19th, 2003, 07:54 PM
when will the donkey pack be ready ...also will my spray work in 1.6 ?? keep me up todate sparky :P

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 19th, 2003, 08:36 PM
You can do the following until most model packs are updated

1) You will first need to install and setup Steam and CS 1.6.
2) If you have not done so already join a normal game of CS 1.6 and then exit. This will copy the files and folders needed for the next few steps.
3) Locate your previous Counter-Strike installation with your custom files istalled. Make sure you have not altered your old CS installation any further. You can also install the customer model/sprite pack into a temporary location.
4) Find your old cstrike directory and sub folders (or look in the temporary location you created with the customer model/sprite installer). This can be usually found in C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\cstrike (MOD Install) or C:\SIERRA\Counter-Strike\cstrike (Retail Install).
5) Locate your new Steam install and go to SteamApps\<your email address>\counter-strike\cstrike.
6) Go to your old Counter-Strike install and copy the folders models, sprites and sounds to the Steam cstrike folder.
7) Now it’s time to delete some files from the Steam cstrike sub folders (these are the folders that you just moved over into the Steam directory).
8) Open up the models folder and delete the folder called “Player”. You will also be required to delete all models starting with P_ in the models folder.
9) Open up the sounds folder and delete everything apart from the “Weapons” folder.

Please note that this is just a temporary solution to getting rid of all those nasty CS originals.

KNOWN ISSUES WITH CUSTOM REPLACEMENTS

Remember that not all replacements are supported under CS 1.6. Here’s what we know so far:

1) Player view models (P_ models) will most likely not work in CS 1.6 as you will get a file consistency error.
2) Player models will work but you will find that the death animations will revert to a swimming animation. It looks funny in game but not exactly realistic .
3) Custom VGUI and Shell GFX will not work in Counter-Strike 1.6 as they use different functions.
4) Some custom sounds will not work in game and will most likely boot you from any server you join.
5) Custom weapon models for Counter-Strike 1.5 should work in CS 1.6 but they will most likely flip to left hand view.

LA_MERC_Spark
September 20th, 2003, 02:54 AM
hehehehehe direct copy from the update site......that's where I got mine....and yes corp the spray wiil work as well just go to the cstrike folder in steam and replace the default....config ur keys first though...it will reset when u do

pattont
September 20th, 2003, 02:20 PM
i got some cool sprites on my 1.6. The only thing i wanna change in 1.6 is the sound that the scout makes.. i hate it.. its annoying as crap in my headset, i want the old sound back.. any ideas on how 2 do that...

LA_MERC_Spark
September 20th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I would try to copy your sound folder over to 1.6...just delete the ones u dont want..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==