PDA

View Full Version : For the 56kers out there

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 13th, 2003, 02:07 AM
I think I may have FINALLY found a fix for the net_send error packet: no error that is occurring in WinXP. You have to add the ipx protocol on the networking properties of your dialup connection.

Right click on your connection --> Properties --> Click on the Networking tab at the top --> Click Install --> Protocol --> Add --> IPX --> OK

Once you click ok it will install the new protocol and add it to the same list that the tcp/ip protocol is in.

Do not check the box beside it to activate it once installed, leave it blank.

You'll have to reconnect in order for the changes to take place, but once you do i think it will work fine.

I went from getting errors every 5 mins while playing CS, to actually being able to play for about an hour with NO ERRORS....w00t!!

I hope this works for everyone else (and that it continues to work for me!)

PS: This doesnt affect your ping in any way, so if you are hoping this will lower your ping...it wont, but it will allow you to play longer without worrying about stupid disconnect errors (hopefully anyway)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
September 13th, 2003, 07:27 AM
dgj mav!! I'ma miss you doing the running main in the air, and a free frag :( gj nontheless

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 13th, 2003, 09:10 AM
OH dont worry Brandon, Im probably still goin to be doing the running man thing, but at least I wont get disconnected while doing it anymore...w00t!

pattont
September 22nd, 2003, 07:29 AM
ill tell you how u can fix all that crap in 2 simple steps... 1st - LOSE THE 56K MODEM and 2nd - GET CABLE OR DSL..... That will solve all your problems with the net_send and your lag problems in general.. I promise you.. you won't regret it..

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 22nd, 2003, 03:06 PM
well i would love to get cable or dsl, but its not available in my area YET. Time Warner is currently working on running cable out to my house (been at it for almost 2 months now). Hopefully Ill be able to get cable soon.

pattont
September 22nd, 2003, 03:09 PM
it took bellsouth forever 2 get cable 2 me and like 6 houses up have DSL but i live in an old people neighborhood so i get like 400k/s so thats awesome..

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 24th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Mav if this works Ima have to hook you up at Armageddon 2 man, w00t! maTRIX, I can gurantee I will be the first person in my town to have broadband when it's available, it's just gonna be a while before that happens.

cd
September 25th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Same thing Time Warner has been telling me "We have to run a construction crew out there to run cable to your house on Tuesday.(They failed to specify which Tuesday doh.) But yah I'm gonna try this.

cd
September 25th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Also, does anyone know about the Net Zero thing? They offer DSL speeds at Dialup cost?

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 25th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Ex, I dont know if it works or not anymore. It worked for about 2 days and now I get them just as bad as before. I hope for your sake that it works, but dont get your hopes up.

STUPID DIALUP ALWAYS HAXIN ME!!! AHHHH! I WANT CABLE!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 25th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Corbin - the net zero thing is great for surfing the net, but actually makes it worse for gaming. What it does is precaches the webpages on their main server and then sends you a VERY basic version of it (ie color pictures are in 16 color vs true) which doesnt take as long to transfer. I used it for the one month free trial period and told them to keep it.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 29th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Seems to be working Mav, I get connection problems now but it doesn't disconnect me and give me the netpacketerror crap. Used to have a connection problem for about 10 secs then I'm out with a netpacketsend error. Now I'm back to the old style where I get the connection problem for like 20 or 30 secs then I'm back in game.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==