PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 08:07 AM
In less than a month the greatest game of all time will be released, whos buying and who has already preordered. I myself have preordered and am practically counting the hours till its release.. w00t!!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/218376.asp

Here is the preorder link, go get it..

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 2nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
I'll believe it when I see it in the store.

Captain
September 2nd, 2003, 09:12 AM
what does it matter LoL .. what can single player action bring to CS?? Sure if your a lagger on 56k it would be fun to play with no ping.. but whats the point.. Now when they make CS mod for HL2 thats gonna be sweet... thats what im waiting on :blue:

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 11:00 AM
this is what condition zero is.. its based on the hl2 engine. thats why im so excited u can throw a gernade near a wall and if the wall is thin enough it will blow a hole in the wall, givin whoever an advantage or another place 2 come in not just the set spam points. It will require much more skill.. w00t..

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 2nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
actually CZ isnt based on the hl2 engine..it is a modified hl engine...and yes you can do the wall blowing thingie in the regular hl engine...with some modifications that is

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 2nd, 2003, 11:54 AM
beat me to it. CZ is NOT HL2. No CS2 till HL2 hits the stores. Last I heard they put off HL2 till DOOM3 comes out. Something about showing respect to the guy who made DOOM because the original HL engine was based on the DOOM engine...even though they are diffrent engines. That make sense??

Scott

roXet
September 2nd, 2003, 12:46 PM
bb....ummm.....What?

PlanetHalflife has an interview with Gabe Newell who says the release date remains Setp. 30. I think Doom3 wont' be coming out until like 2nd or 3rd quarter next year.

HL is based on the Q1 engine, not the doom engine ph00l! =)

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 2nd, 2003, 01:01 PM
ignore BB he is nothing but a boon...

roXet
September 2nd, 2003, 01:03 PM
I almost did Mercy, but I couldn't help meself....

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 2nd, 2003, 01:06 PM
lol...pwned...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 2nd, 2003, 01:21 PM
Thats what I get for listening to my IT guy at work. Ima go hide now.

Scott

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 01:29 PM
hmm corona was telling me that it was the hl2 engine, i heard it was slightly modified but what the crap are they releasing cz if they are gonna mod hl2, thats absolutly retarded.. i don't understand software makers sometime, i guess its all about the benjamins.... w00t!!

roXet
September 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Condition Zero has been in development for a *long* time, way before HL2 (and CS2) were even close to being ready for production. Now here we are a month (hopfully) from HL2 and CZ is still no where to be seen

Speaking of vaporware, wth ever happend to Team Fortress 2? Maybe it will be finally see the light of day as a mod to HL2......

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 2nd, 2003, 01:52 PM
HL2 has been reported on many sites to be delayed, but I hope not.
There have been many advertisements in the magazines for condition zero, and with the latest Steam announcement I would not be suprised if CZ comes out at the end of this month. I also would not be suprised to see HL2 pushed out.

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 05:42 PM
in some of the videos of hl2, they were said 2 be recorded like 5 years ago, they been working on cz for that long?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 2nd, 2003, 05:47 PM
The original Half Life was released in November 98. You heard wrong.

Scott

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 07:29 PM
hmmm... yea true.. i thought they started on 2 right after 1..

pattont
September 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM
I guess we will see what its like in a few weeks.. i may have 2 cancel my preorder if it turns out that i need 2 just keep playing 1.5 with a little 1.6 on the side till hl2 comes out and they get it modded.. I read that somewhere they were letting modders come to like a seminar on how 2 use the hl2 engine so HOPEFULLY they will have CS2 out right after hl2 comes out..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==