PDA

View Full Version : C.O.P.S. Clan

DTA
August 31st, 2003, 07:18 PM
Ok, everyone I am going to try and explain the current situation of the C.O.P.S. Clan. I will do my best to do this without pointing any fingers or placing any blame. This will be reviewed by what appears to be the remaining members of C.O.P.S. before posting. I say remaining members because it appears that some have broken away and formed another clan; - =C.O.P.S.= -

A few weeks ago there was issues concerning actions of some of the Admins. For whatever reason these issues immediately caused some to choose sides. This in itself should not have been a problem. People will do this based on their opinion of a situation. Where the problem came in was when tempers began to flare.

A meeting was held in an attempt to elevate these issues. Shortly after the meeting began it became apparent that was thought by some to be minor issues had festered into major problems for others. This meeting caused the opinions to turn in to walls made of steel. Tempers flared, and threats were made concerning the lively hood of the C.O.P.S. Clan web page along with the tag. This caused extreme actions to be taken that not all agreed with. However those taking these actions believed they were acting in the best interest of the Clan.

Over the next few days many things took place with people doing what, once again they believed to be in the best interest of the Clan. On the contrary it was an “action, reaction” situation that got way out of control. Hence, the current and what appears to be permanent separation of the C.O.P.S. Clan. I say “appears to be” sole for the fact that no one has openly stated they were leaving.

Speaking for the C.O.P.S. Clan, there are no hard or ill feelings towards anyone. For those that feel the best course of action is to leave this Clan, we wish you the best. This is not to say your actions are now considered acceptable nor the actions of some that remain. It is best to say that we understand that you did what you believe you had to do.

For those of us who remain, we will continue the C.O.P.S. Clan in the tradition as it was set out from its origin. The web site will continue to go and we hope to see all in the server. C.O.P.S. Clan as it once was, still is. The only way to progress is to learn from mistakes. I sincerely hope that each of us has learned from this situation keeping future endeavors from the ending with the same fate.

C.O.P.S. – D.T.A.

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 1st, 2003, 09:08 AM
I am sorry to hear about the situation, but I hope that yall get everything worked out for the best.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 1st, 2003, 09:21 AM
bummer....hope it all settles down and we can game as one giant family in April just like we did last May.

Scott

LA_MERC_Spark
September 1st, 2003, 10:58 AM
yeah....wut he said man.....

Corp
September 1st, 2003, 03:45 PM
so who r the new cops then the ones with the -=COPS=- tag or the old [COPS] tag ??
Hate to hear that it happened..

LA_MERC_BS
September 1st, 2003, 08:09 PM
lol, Everyone seems to be a little confused on that. The guys with the -=C.O.P.S=- tag are the members that are no longer with [C.O.P.S] . I guess it's going to be a popular tag hehe

Corp
September 1st, 2003, 10:09 PM
still confused :P... but oh well i should have been born a blonde

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 2nd, 2003, 08:08 AM
OK Don't know if this helps but here it is. We have the orginal website. yes it's www.copsclan.org but the forums are the same as they were before. We stil have the Original server IP same as it was before. The -=C.O.P.S=- have a new server IP and a new Forums but thewebsite is the same .com. They have all new stuff but the .com thing. We the [C.O.P.S] have all the original. Hope that helps. I guess you can say both cops are the NEW COPS...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 2nd, 2003, 08:16 AM
hmm that was a little confuseing there I think...
When they (the -=C.O.P.S=- members) left the [C.O.P.S] clan they got a new server. Now they have a new website but the address is the same for THEM. We the original [C.O.P.S] have the same forums and the same server the only thing that has changed for us is the address www.copsclan.org.

Anyway we do wish them the best of luck!

Is that still confuseing???

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 2nd, 2003, 08:45 AM
lol..not to much...:D

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 2nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
much better, the second go around :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 2nd, 2003, 02:30 PM
LOL... I tryed to make it nice and sweet and to the point.

pattont
September 2nd, 2003, 05:45 PM
hmmm very confusing...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==