PDA

View Full Version : Uploading.......

CrAzYbOnEs
July 21st, 2003, 12:52 AM
ummm need a favor. well i have a race i want to upload from my camera to my computer so other people can watch it on a forum post. anyone know how to do it ? its a sony camera. do i need a website or something to host the video, i have no clue . thanks.

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 21st, 2003, 04:42 AM
yep you will need somewhere online that you can upload the video to, then you can post a link to it

CrAzYbOnEs
July 21st, 2003, 05:02 AM
ahhh how would i do thta though.... where can i get free web space? or how do i transfer the data from the camera to the computer. what wires do i need?

SnAkEbItE
July 21st, 2003, 07:04 AM
Well let's deal with the camera computer part frist. Dependig on what model it is check and see if it has a firewire port. If it does then you will need a fire ware port on your computer if it doesn't have one you can pick up a firewire card at most computer stores. Then you will need some kid of caputer software to capture the video. If your running win xp it comes default with movie maker and you can use it. I don't really like it but it works. I personaly use Adobe Premier. After you capture the vidoe down you have to convert it from a .avi format to a divx or mpg format for the simple reason of file size the avi will be huge dependnig on how long the clip is that your wanting to capture.
If you camera doesn't have a fireware port you will have to see if it has composite video and audio out if it does then your going to need some kind of capture defice. Some video cards have this the ATI all in wonder series did. However they make external devices now that can do this and comes with it's on software for caputer and editing. I don't know how good of a job they do I have never used them. I hope this answers you question if not plese ask specific questions and I will try and help.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==