PDA

View Full Version : This should make you care less about the uranium issue...

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 18th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Another Mass Grave Found In Iraq
POSTED: 8:22 a.m. EDT July 18, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- More signs of Saddam Hussein's deadly reign have been unearthed in Iraq.

The U.S. military says it's found another mass grave -- this one in northern Iraq. It's believed to contain the bodies of up to 400 Kurdish women and children.

So far, some 25 sets of remains, all women and children, have been pulled from the grave, each with a bullet hole in the skull.

Soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division found the grave on the side of a dry riverbed in Hatra, 200 miles north of Baghdad. An assessment team has been sent to the site.

Since the end of the Iraq war, at least 60 mass graves have been discovered. The United Nations is investigating the killing or disappearance of at least 300,000 Iraqis believed murdered during Saddam's regime.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press.

Seems sad that people are getting in such an uproar over whether or not British intelligence was right or wrong about Sadaam seeking Uranium in Africa when it becomes clearer everyday that Sadaam himself was a WMD...

MadOne
July 18th, 2003, 09:07 AM
isnt that the truth, honestly we did what we had to do, and I am PROUD of that fact, anyone who thinks different can kiss my A....well it's just sad that some people have to compain about things like this when it is obvious that the man has killed so many people...

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 18th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Uranium issue = Just a stupid democratic ploy to try and turn the momentum for the 2004 election. The bastages will end up hurtung and/or demoralizing many of our troops for their own selfish gain.

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 18th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Meanwhile, North Korea is still more dangerous to the free world than Iraq was ever.

Now, if we went into Iraq partially because we thought that MAYBE he was going to develop nuclear weapons (whether or not he was going to or did is still an unknown), then why aren't we going into North Korea?

We KNOW they have nuclear capabilities. They've told EVERYONE IN THE WORLD that they're ready to build a nuclear bomb. We know that such a nuclear bomb could very easily strike Japan (who we are bound by treaty to protect). And there's very clear evidence that Kim Jong Il is just as much of a murderous tyrant as Saddam was.

Yet we're ignoring them?

Sure, we've found another mass grave in Iraq. Saddam is/was a bad man. We rid the world of a huge menace. Whether we had to lie or not to get there is still under debate, but that's not the point because in the end we did something good. We get it.

Meanwhile, North Korea is going to invade the South. And after they get that done, since it's not like we're going to be able to stop them, they're going to feel all high and mighty and do something stupid. And if that something stupid is nuking Japan, well. God help us all.

If we'd gone into Korea, we would've found just as many mass graves. We would have had just as many high ranking officials to make a set of playing cards out of. We would've rid the world of a very dangerous man who, as opposed to Saddam Hussein at the time we invaded Iraq, is NOT CONTAINED. And we would've done it all before their nuclear program turned to weaponry.

I could care less about the uranium issue. I could care less about Iraq at the moment.

I care about North Korea, but does anyone else?

Bulldog
July 18th, 2003, 06:06 PM
I'm with you guys one the iraq issue.

I'm not so sure about North Korea. I do understand what you're saying, however I'm not sure they're going to invade the South.
Kim Jong is way too much of a playboy to have his life ruined by war with the US. He's got to know that he could never step out in the sun again without a satellite bringing an F18 down on top of him. Not to mention we'd level everything he owns. I think he's way too materialistic to do that. He's a master of brinkmanship. If he wants $20 he biligerantly demands $200 until you finally give him $20 to shut him up.
I fully admit that I could be wrong but I think he's just trying to leverage the lifting of all the trade embargoes.

I think if he WERE to have the bawls to nuke Japan we'd give some south koreans along the DMZ some new beachfront property on the brand new island of South Korea.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 18th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by -FA- ManiacalClown

then why aren't we going into North Korea?

We KNOW they have nuclear capabilities. They've told EVERYONE IN THE WORLD that they're ready to build a nuclear bomb. We know that such a nuclear bomb could very easily strike Japan (who we are bound by treaty to protect). And there's very clear evidence that Kim Jong Il is just as much of a murderous tyrant as Saddam was.

Yet we're ignoring them?

Meanwhile, North Korea is going to invade the South. And after they get that done, since it's not like we're going to be able to stop them, they're going to feel all high and mighty and do something stupid. And if that something stupid is nuking Japan, well. God help us all.

If we'd gone into Korea, we would've found just as many mass graves. We would have had just as many high ranking officials to make a set of playing cards out of. We would've rid the world of a very dangerous man who, as opposed to Saddam Hussein at the time we invaded Iraq, is NOT CONTAINED. And we would've done it all before their nuclear program turned to weaponry.

I could care less about the uranium issue. I could care less about Iraq at the moment.

I care about North Korea, but does anyone else?

hehehe

First of all, Nations accumulate nuclear weapons for two reasons:
1) To deter attack from other powers
2) To threaten actions for economic gain

If you think about it, North Korea has been doing nothing but sabre-rattling which intends its aversion to attack or being attacked. North Korea is just trying to move from the kiddies table to the big boys table.

The reason we don't attack?

Well, the imminent slaughter of millions of civilians by the merciless (they will be) artillery tubes of the Northern Pennisula is a rather big deterrent. And a better point is why should we? Japan and China are on the sidelines waiting for us to settle it. Think for a minute... Why did GW push for a missile shield a couple of years ago? So we can distance ourselves and protect OUR interests.

It's no secret that N Korea is a complete farce when it comes to human rights or civil liberties. It is a complete fascist state run by a dictator which starves its public to increase its military might. But the problem is much more complex than anything you read on the nightly news. The only start to the solution is to make China realize that the are soon to have a rogue nuclear natin on their border and to have China lead the initiative for peace there. The no longer has any interests (nationally) in the pennisula. Heck, even S Korea is ppomoous enugh to suggest they can dictate our protection of them.

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
If war were to break out on the Korean peninsula, I'm not so sure that China wouldn't be on the North's side.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 18th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Exactly, so why should we be so involoved?

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 18th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Um...because a North Korea-China tag team would be a BAD thing?

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 19th, 2003, 08:13 PM
doh hehehe

I misread the thread last time. China is very nervous about the prospect of a nuclear power that is not under their thumb next to them.

j j
July 19th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Dont read that much or whatch much news.I think our goverment does a great job in keeping peace around the world.We would all be blowed up if i was in chareg.Any dictatorship of any kind is a direct threat to all of us.I was allways told to [solve the small problems before there big problems].Somebody was sleeping on sadam whatch i think,its sad to say but sometimes war is the only way.War built this coutry we live in today,and makes us think more about the values of our great country.So when we help other be free im all gunhoe about it,most of the time i dont get enough imformation on the reason where in war.Not good not to keep up with whats going on in the world,after all its our world.Goverment dosn't alow us to know all,which might be in our best intrest.Glad we have people like yall that take the time to keep up with it.:iwo

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 19th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Yes, I hope China doesn't get nervous enough to ally with them. That would not be good.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==