PDA

View Full Version : Tibet!

roXet
July 16th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I normally steer clear of this forum because my views don't line up with most around here and I while I am sure we could put aside political differences for the good of the clan/our relaitonship, I've always felt it was better to not start it. =)

but I found this ( http://www.ustibet.org/facts/facts.html ) website today and it really gets me in an uproar. What is getting me is during this last war in Iraq we heard nothing but how the people of Iraq deserve to live free from a crazed dictator, but why has nothing been done for the people of tibet? Why has China been one of our allies when they are pulling this kind of crap? Why was the invasion of Kuwait our business while we seem to have no interest in the invasion of Tibet?

Just wanted to rant for a sec. =)

SnAkEbItE
July 16th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Hey it's worse than that. Just remeber who gave China Favored Nation Status.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 16th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Well, R0xet you have to remember that we did not just liberate the people of Iraq for their benefit. It was the interests of the defense of the US to do so. Iraq presented a potential real danger to the US via terrorism and the ilk. As fas as Kuwait... Well, the threat of the invasion and overthrow of Saudi Arabia would have destabilized the entire middle east and sent the most important current energy source in the wolrd in to chaos. Ostensibly the war was for the liberation of Kuwait, but it was also for the larger picture of continued "stability" in the Middle East, Israeli nuclear retaliation and energy. Why do you think such a large number of nations jumped in the fray?

As for Tibet, it unfortunately holds very little important strategic or valuable resources that are interest to the preservation of industrial nations. Just as easy a case can be made for any number of natinos around the world, particularly Africa.

Is it fair that economics and self-security dominate our chosen interventions? No. Not to the persecuted peoples around the world. But until the ugly head of dictatorship, fascism, and communism is vanquished from human civilization, there will always be Tibets.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 16th, 2003, 09:54 PM
wow....me pushes jaw shut and agrees silently.

Scott

Rooster
July 17th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Dirge is always eloquent after he has had a few.

I saw his misspells and typos, checked the time and thought "Oh yeah he's into it" :D

Loves ya Dirgey-poo.

Other thing with Tibet is it will put us at odds with China and that will cause MUCH larger world-wide probs than with a country that is not as equipped to handle someone like us (Iraq).

Militarily (sp?) speaking, China is more our size and has backbone, but they won't fight on their soil (if they can help it). I see a confrontation btwn the US and China in say N.Korea, Taiwan and the like. Why fight at home when you can in someone else's yard?

The biggest confrontational probs would be Taiwanese claims for independence or N.Korea producing nukes and destabilizing the pennisula.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==