PDA

View Full Version : PowerDvD

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 11th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Im trying to get some video I have on my computer to play on my tv through powerdvd (that being the only type of software dvd player i have...lol) I have s-video out on my video card, but only RCA jacks on my tv, so I went to Radio Shack and purchased an adapter that says it will work. I plugged them up, and tryed playing my movies to see if it would work, and well i guess you figured out by now that it didnt. Ive looked through the settings in powerdvd, but there doesnt appear to be anything to set to make it send to the tv, and Ive looked through my video card settings and cant find anything either. Just wondering if any of you guys might have any ideas on how I can make this work.

Thx, Jason.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 11th, 2003, 05:44 AM
HAve you set up your video card to have dual monitor support? If you make the second monitor the TV, you should be able to get some playback on the TV...should.

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 11th, 2003, 08:03 AM
I tried to do that, but I couldnt make it work.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 11th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Hmm...that was my idea at that point. Let me mess around with PDVD when I get home and see what I can come up with.

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 11th, 2003, 08:12 AM
kk, thx LaTech!

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 11th, 2003, 08:13 AM
psst BTW my video card is an ATI 9000 Pro 128mb, if that makes any difference to you....lol

roXet
July 11th, 2003, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it could be related, just something weird I saw once. In WindowsMedia Player, you *cannot* pipe the video out to another device like that. We were trying to pay a movie thru WMP onto a projector. The movie would show up on the monitor, but it would NOT show on the projector. We could try to play it through RealPlayer and it would play, but not windows media player. PowerDVD might be doing some weird stuff like that.

You might try out videolan, it's a pretty good free player and I'm pretty sure it will do everything PowerDVD will do. I'm not sure of the address, just hit it with a google search.=)

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 11th, 2003, 08:34 AM
http://mirror.ati.com/support/faq/pc2tv.html Info on setting up TV as secondary monitor.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/cs/support/faq.jsp?ID=85 for power dvd FAQ on this topic.

Crazy White Boy
July 11th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Do you have a DVD player, or VCR w/ S Video(on the TV) if so, hook into there, then use your vcr/dvd remote and hit the input button, and your tv will be the monitor, then find the progs, and load them.

I did this on my grandmothers 55" Bigscrean, and did some pubing in cs =D FUN.

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 11th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Ummmm.....Crazy, run that by me again. Are you asking if I have a tv with built in dvd/vcr that has s-video? If so, no i dont, I have a dvd player sitting next to my tv with s-video in, but not s-video out. But, I will try that if i cant get it to work the way I want.

Thanks Latech, Ill take a look at it when i get a free sec here at work....lol.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==