PDA

View Full Version : Road Runner Servers

MrBill
June 3rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
Got a message from [email protected] and I just thought I'd let everyone know we run 3 MOH servers on the RR network in Jackson and Monoroe--2 are public. Our Main MOH server is 24.164.193.100 and
our Spearhead Server is 24.164.193.94 :camper:
We also have a BF 1942 server running in Shreveport 24.153.172.212 (pings on this server are not always great) We are in the process of
installing a couple more games servers and will accept requests.
Please email games server requests to me---Thanks!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 3rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
Hey there MrBill.. Welcome to our little home or as some refer to it, the Crazy House.

Dude, thats a sweet little image you made.. me likes .. hehe.. Me wants your job. Between you and Onji, Either you 2 are slackers or just don't have enough broke stuff to fix while at work.

MrBill
June 3rd, 2003, 01:26 PM
Actually one of your Mercs made it awhile back for me. DOn't remember who--cause it's been awhile. We try not to have to many "broken" things around here--customers might not be happy :violin Great site by the way---We are trying to get the Shreveport servers on fiber--but our NOC doesn't want to give us the IPs--I guess they are in Short Supply--but when they come through we'll have a 1942 server you can use!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 3rd, 2003, 01:40 PM
MrBill, Man.. a BF1942 Server would be awesome.. We played some Desert Combat at the lan which was pretty damn fun except for the fact that I had to patch the server for all those b00ns that didn't have legit keys.. lol

Thanks for the props on the website, its Intimidator's baby. We are just here for backup purposes...http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/text2schild.php?text=nubs-r-us&typ=3&col=0,0,0&shcol=255,255,255 .. We hope to be putting up a new revamped site soon.

You're right about the "broken" stuff.. I have withdrawls when my cable service goes down. *drools* fiber.. I could use some fiber and I don't mean in my diet.. :laugh: . Now if I could just figure why my sb4100 will not link up to my Linksys BEFSX41 but will to my BEFSR41 router will not link I will be good to go.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 6th, 2003, 04:42 AM
lol...welcome to the crazy house mrbill...a bf1942 server would be very awesome...and i am a RR user so i would love it...great low ping.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 7th, 2003, 08:35 AM
DESERT COMBAT DESERT COMBAT

About 75% of our members are RoadRunner so we would all have good pings .. :D

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 7th, 2003, 08:57 AM
yep yep...and you are correct about the desert combat mod...that would just be awesome...

LA_MERC_Heater
June 7th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Hey does RR reach out to Swartz area ..fixing to move over there...will die without it....

[lag]DikDstrdly
June 7th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Heater
Hey does RR reach out to Swartz area ..fixing to move over there...will die without it....

Yes, yes it does...also the node out here isnt that overloaded yet, so the available bandwidth is still pretty high 24/7

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 7th, 2003, 04:42 PM
*gasping on last breaths of air* need more bandwidth.. *cough* *choke* *cough*

LA_MERC_RiverRat
June 7th, 2003, 06:09 PM
YOU BETTER NOT MOVE OUT IN SWARTZ - THAT IS MY NODE!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 9th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Thanks for stopping by MrBill, we always welcome newcomers...especially those bearing gifts;)Well, with the exception of CS I dont play the games you listed. Most of the b00ns around here play BF1942 so I'd have to vote for thet for their sakes. Hope to catch you playing CS sometime on our server, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Scott

MrBill
June 9th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Looks Road Runner has a new CS server going up this week. ip will be
24.164.193.103. It'll be a 1ghz Linux box connected to fiber--so the pings should be pretty good. MrStewart is the admin on it. He can be contacted at [email protected]. Give him a yell and let him know
how it runs!

I'll see about getting the desert combat on the Shreveport 1942 server
Look for it this week.

Always die Honorably!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 9th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Die Honorably? .. Dieing is so overrated.. hehe

Also, thanks for the gifts MrBill.. Hopefully we can get some peeps on that DesertCombat server and go a few rounds.. I need some more chopper practice.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Heck yeah...I am ready for some DC!

SnAkEbItE
June 9th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Ok mabey it's just me but, I can't get the BF server to come up in HLSW nor can I get the CS one either. Do you have to be on RR to get to them?

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 9th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Snake .. For the BF1942 server, put this in HLSW --> 24.153.172.212:23000

The CS server is not up yet if I understand Bill correctly, it should be up this week.

MrBill
June 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Yes- CS server will be up this week. BF1942 should be converted Desert
Combat by the end of the week. If nothing else you can use it as a practice server. It's only one hop and a skip to Shreveport :)

This is like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra

MrBILL

SnAkEbItE
June 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Thanks guy's got it in now.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 9th, 2003, 03:11 PM
OMG...im getting a 20 ping to the BF1942 server....cant wait for it to become DC

MrBill
June 10th, 2003, 10:09 AM
:tank: BF1942 server should be converted today. We had an auto reboot program on it with the old maps--but with the new maps it doesn't seem to be working. We'll work on that. The person to contact
about any requests or problems with the Shreveport BF1942 server is [email protected] He's in Shreveport and can reboot if need be.

What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?
--George W. Bush

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 10th, 2003, 12:03 PM
HAHAHAHA! Man, your quote rocks!!!!!!!!

And, thanks for the info on the BF server! I will check it out as soon as I get home!

w00t!

[lag]DikDstrdly
June 13th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Yes indeedy, this is great news Mr.Bill! Thanks a bunch!

MrBill
June 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
NEW COUNTER STRIKE SERVER IS UP! IP is 24.164.193.104
It should be pretty good ping for you Louisiana boys!
I Hear the pings are aroun 20 :) :)
We are working on the BF1942 servers.
HAVE FUN!!

MRBIL

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind."
--Jed Babbin,Undersecretary of defense in the first Bush Administration

MrBill
June 19th, 2003, 03:04 PM
A NEW BF1942 IP 24.170.98.4 IS UP!!!--We haven't tested it yet-so if you get in please let us know how it runs. It's now connected to our OC12-- in Shreveport. For all you RR users THAT SHOULD BE AWESOME PINGS! For all you Bayou users I can only quote Sir Winston Churchill:

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

LA_MERC_Onji
June 19th, 2003, 03:47 PM
ok its been added to our server status page, and man that server stays full! 40+ people on right now! thats great

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 19th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Are you guys going to be updating to the 1.4 patch? Also, have you thought about running the Battlefield Server Manager from http://www.blackbagops.com/bfutils.shtml and maybe giving a couple people admin so that they could monitor and regulate the server since it stays so full?

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 19th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I have both bf1942 and DesertCombat mod running on a Linux box and they both seem to run fine with no problems.. Things can only get better for the linux version which is what is hoped for.

MrBill
June 19th, 2003, 04:00 PM
This is a windows server--yes we'll be updating it . The admin is a possibilty--What do you suggest illegal?

LA_MERC_Onji
June 19th, 2003, 04:02 PM
we dont suggest illegal things around here :)

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 19th, 2003, 04:16 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/text2schild.php?text=that was baaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1&typ=3&col=0,0,0&shcol=255,255,255

Crazy White Boy
June 19th, 2003, 04:40 PM
can i suggest we get RR in Junction City, Louisiana? =)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 19th, 2003, 04:54 PM
lol@Onji.. MrBill.. If you go to that link I showed you, there are 2 different parts of the program. The server manager part resides on the machine actually running the server and if I remember correctly, it goes into the bf1942 directory. Then you can set users/admins within the program and allow remote management of the server through the second part of the program (Remote manager).

When you setup the users in the Server Manager, you can give what ever access you would like to the Remote users. You can limit them to only change maps or even give them the access to kick/ban players. Its a very useful tool that I used on my Windows bf1942 machine at our last lan.

MrBill
June 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Yes- We already have BF Manager installed 1.3. Is 1.4 working?
Anyway--Why don't you nominate a few people to be admins. It would be best if they were RR customers :) rather than Bayou.net customers--(sorry guys) We could hold a vote once you nominate them.

I don't know about Junction City--we are in LaPlace and Houma. Wiring
the whole state I guess. Can you move ?:)

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
- General Douglas MacArthur

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM
I finally got BattleField1942 and DesertCombat running well on my linux server with remoteadmin so they will definately be ready for the next lan or any small lans between now and then.. To bad I don't have the bandwidth or I'd let everyone play :)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM
MrBill, Yes, 1.4 is working and working well. I use the programs from the link I sent you because you can deligate access better but yes, ServerManager 2.0beta3 works great on my Windows box.

BTW, I Nominate LA_MERC_Onji .. He's not a bayou.net customer .. hehe

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 20th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah, I'd nominate Mercy also

BTW, I don't even think we have any members that are bayou.net customers.. :laugh:

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 20th, 2003, 02:08 PM
MrBill, we could also make u some cool server status scripts. Onji went ahead and added you to ours which you can see here. http://www.lamerc.com/status_bf.php

We could make some to put on your twcgames page or you could just link em.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 20th, 2003, 03:25 PM
yeah...and i am a proud RR customer...i was actually number 53 in the parish to be hooked up...should have been one of the first ten but the guys that took the hookup order screwed up and step me up for thursday instead of the monday that yall started on...

MrBill
June 23rd, 2003, 10:11 AM
Cool Stats Page. Thanks- Let me check with MIS and see what the policy is. They may have some security issues--not sure.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 23rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
MrBill, just let us know..

You should come play some DesertCombat with us, We going to have some forklift races...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No one nominated me :( /me cries

Crazy White Boy
June 23rd, 2003, 10:55 AM
Nah, I just moved from monroe. cmon, JC needs RR, it makes me sad :( you dont want me to be sad do ya?:( :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 23rd, 2003, 11:26 AM
I nominate Toby! Cuz he's DA MAN! Also, I want to DL the new DC patch tonight and play.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 23rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
MrBill, I tried to play on the RoadRunner server but it did not let me, I guess because its running the 1.31 version and I have the 1.4 patch.

Seems like another patch will be out soon to fix some map issues.

MrBill
June 23rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
We just updated to 1.4 today and increased the player capacity to 64.
Hope the CPU holds out :) we'll test it for the next couple of days!
Have fun!!!!!

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 23rd, 2003, 05:01 PM
w00t...sounds great mrbill

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 24th, 2003, 10:17 AM
MrBill, I guess you know that you do have a map in the rotation that seems to keep crashing your server and making it restart. I think its like the 3rd map in the rotation.

I was having a blast yesterday except for the guy on my own team blowing up any vehicles that his teamates tried to use.

Any word on the admin stuff?

MrBill
June 24th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah--I know I was on at the same time-lots of TKERS. We have to fix that--Hopefully we'll get the admin on today.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 24th, 2003, 05:32 PM
MrBill, BF1942 server dead?

Also, do u guys have contentchecking enabled? Its something new in the 1.4 patch to keep out cheaters. If enabled, u have to use the standard bf1942 install to be able to play.

MrBill
June 25th, 2003, 07:30 AM
OK--I'll check--thanks!

MrBill
June 25th, 2003, 12:14 PM
We are having Problems getting the server (BF1942) to be listed on
internet --it seems to be running--but no listing anywhere of it--any suggestions? Maybe they reconfigured the firewall--we'll check.
Also--it got moved to 24.170.98.5:ara: :enforcer:

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 25th, 2003, 01:06 PM
MrBill, If you need.. I may be able to assist you. I've worked with the windows server and linux server and had some sort of problems getting them to be listed on gamespy but got everything worked out.

MrBill
June 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
OK--thanks got it back up on 24.170.98.4 It should be listed now! Our Firewall had been changed--GAME ON!!!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 25th, 2003, 01:18 PM
hehe.. Stupid router nazi's.. they do that to my router all the time

You guys get the remote admin working correctly? If you need a list of commands, let me know.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 25th, 2003, 03:02 PM
LOL@MrBill.. You set the wrong password.. You passworded the server :( hahahaha..

Come play you b00n

MrBill
June 25th, 2003, 03:17 PM
It seems to be kicking everyone between maps---it's not PW protected.
Did you get kicked?? I noticed your ping is about 17--not too bad
for a Monroe boy :thewave

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 25th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah, after every map, its asking for a password which is why everyone is leaving. Thats crazy.. server is acting like a redheaded step child.. time to beat it like one

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 25th, 2003, 03:52 PM
May also what to try cutting off a few players because it gets some horrid lag after the action starts

The linux server seems to be running pretty nicely. I could always tar my install folder up and send it to ya.

MrBill
June 25th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I think we'll stick with the Manager option--may have to get more ram.
I'll get DS and get on your server this weekend.

We lowered the Players to 50--but now it'll be filled all the time:rolleyes: When we tried using the reserve spots for PW
that's when it was kicking everyone! I think there is a bug in the 1.4
Manager. I'll have to work on those reserve spots--Is reserve working for Linux?? :bb

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 26th, 2003, 12:12 PM
I could fix your problem with the password issue in windows if you like

MrBill
June 30th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Because of the popularity of the new BF1942 server, looks like we'll be launching another one in a few weeks. We may try the linux version this time. illegal-blew my head off in a battle last week--guess I owe you --:rocket:

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 30th, 2003, 08:49 AM
na, thats ok... I take a rain check on the head blowing off thing.. hehe

I've been trying to join but everytime I try, theres never a free slot

If you guys need assistance, let me know ..

MrBill
July 2nd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Looks like the NEW BF1942 server is hard to get on. Trying to scrounge some CPUs to get maybe 1 or 2 more up and running.
They may both be Linux--thanks for your offer to help. I'll
get our Linux guys to contact You. My boss difinitely wants to sponsor
your next LAN party --so keep us in mind. Lots of gamers here! :blue:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==