PDA

View Full Version : New anticheat program

LA_MERC_Mercy
May 29th, 2003, 05:47 PM
looks kewl...

Octinium (http://www.counter-hack.net/content.php?page=press_octinium)

bighead
May 29th, 2003, 06:05 PM
yea it does...then toby couldn't play w/ us no more :D

Captain
May 29th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo All is Lost Noooooooooooooooooooo

LA_MERC_Sniper
May 29th, 2003, 07:15 PM
w000t throw it on w000000t

Eon Blue Apocalypse
May 29th, 2003, 08:47 PM
An Anti-cheat would be nice on the server, I'm gonna try this one on my server and see how it works. No matter what though someone always makes a counter for it. Thats what we gamers have to deal with. I'll let yall know if it works well or not after I try to hack on it a bit.

zeatoR
May 30th, 2003, 12:44 AM
It's not a server side anti-cheat module. It is completly client side. When you click record, it takes a 3 screenshots every minute (at random times, of course) of your screen. When you are finished, it compiles them into a .avi using a low quality divx codec, then it encrypts it so it cannot be changed. About a 45 minute pcw/match isn't even 1MB.

When an admin requests the movie, you send it to them. The first thing they do is run it through an integrity checker. If it fails, the movie was edited after it was produced by the anti-cheat program.

This program causes no lag on your side. Chances are, nobody will be able to get around this anti-cheat. Of course, there are _always_ ways around things. But, this is going to give everyone a little bit more trouble then all the other anti-cheats.

UGS is fixing to make this anti-cheat required. CAL is going to wait and see how it works out in UGS. Personally I think CAL will start using it next season.

cd
May 30th, 2003, 01:58 AM
well wow... writing a report are we?

Eon Blue Apocalypse
May 30th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Ok then if it's up to the user to send the video to the admin....then
lets face it, a cheater will NOt do it. 2nd why would a cheater want to run it on their computer if it's only client side.

IamTylerDurden
May 30th, 2003, 09:28 PM
it will be required to play in matches

-FA- ManiacalClown
May 30th, 2003, 09:34 PM
much like cheating-death on some servers

zeatoR
May 30th, 2003, 09:44 PM
If you don't send the movie to the admin, your banned for a year and your team automatically forfeits. Simple as that. :p

As far as public servers, use your brain. Either someone is hacking or not. It's quite obvious if someone is using an aimbot. Just use rcon and ban them.

bighead
May 30th, 2003, 10:37 PM
you don't need rcon to ban them :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==