PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think this is as awesome as I do?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2003, 10:32 AM
http://www.computeruser.com/articles/daily/10,52,1,0401,03.html
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00375/

If this happens, this is gonna be BIG. Talk about revolutionizing the PC

LA_MERC_BS
May 20th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Man that is very cool... I'm not sure what all of it means. But it sounded good

Bulldog
May 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM
awesome
That's got alot of potential.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 20th, 2003, 04:57 PM
sweet...now i'm gonna need a new puter...=P

LA_MERC_Mercy
May 20th, 2003, 05:19 PM
yeah saw this about 3 months ago or so...very interesting concept...if they can pull it off, it would be the end of computing as we know it...

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2003, 06:02 PM
I know. I was trying to explain it to a friend of mine. The best way I could explain it was: Think of before transistors were invented. The technological leap that the transistor allowed to happen will be the same as the leap that this COULD cause.

They have a working prototype...this is gonna rock!

Imagine - No hard drive needed. No ram needed. This could be used in conjunction with your CPU and GPU to make some SERIOUSLY realistic graphics. Your computer would boot instantaneously. Man...this is gonna rock, if they can get it to work.

Jubae
May 20th, 2003, 06:51 PM
um, matrix kind of scary don't ya think? I mean yes, the potential for this sort of technology is amazing, the computing power of a simple pI-166MHz comp would be shot through the roof not to mention what a PIV would be like. One the flip side of the coin come many other things which a lot of people might over look, a for real pandora's box of things we won't be able to close. If you want me to illaborate PM me and I will give you my nutty theories and stuff, this forum is not the place for them :) but w00t none the less. I'll take 2

LA_MERC_Yankee
May 20th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Just as long as they don't lose control of the swarm.....

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 20th, 2003, 10:17 PM
that is awesome...i've been envisioning something like this for a while, hopefully it will happen...it would def. rox0r everything elses box0rs!

LA_MERC_Mercy
May 21st, 2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Yankee
Just as long as they don't lose control of the swarm.....

ahhhh....its the prey...hope they dont divided and dig a hole in the ground and make a nest..

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 21st, 2003, 05:42 AM
Man, that book rocked. Then again, most of his books rock...so, there was really no surprise.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==