PDA

View Full Version : TALK ABOUT THE MATRIX RELOADED PLOT IN DEPTH *BEWARE OF SPOILERS THEY ARE IN HERE!!!*

IamTylerDurden
May 15th, 2003, 11:29 AM
So the architect is the "father" and im going with Persiophone is the "mother"!!!

everyone agree??? or disagree for that matter?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 15th, 2003, 02:17 PM
WHAT?! No way man...

I thought the Oracle was the mother. Persiophone (while hot) was just a chick that was with the guy with the horrible accent! Or that's what I thought anyway

LA_MERC_Spark
May 15th, 2003, 03:59 PM
a cop car could NEVER catch up wit a ducati!!!!!! oh yeah... think it's the oracle....and what happened to da twins??? didn't like the way that ended... still cool flick....will see again soon..

Bulldog
May 15th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Totally! Freakin! Awesome! Movie!
I think the oracle is the mother too.
but I'm not sure yet.
I'm going to watch it again this weekend and I hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 15th, 2003, 04:59 PM
The twins died in the explosion...then again, they are rogue programs, right? Can they be killed simply by fire?

Also, did anyone else pick up on the Matrix within the Matrix thing. If that is true, would that explain why Agent Smith is still there? Will Agent Smith, in his desire to free himself, inadvertantly aide Neo in the destruction of the Matrix?

LA_MERC_Spark
May 15th, 2003, 05:15 PM
if they died it would sux...next movie i think we'll se em...gota go see it again... and yes.... totally awesome just about sums it up!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 15th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_LaTech
The twins died in the explosion...then again, they are rogue programs, right? Can they be killed simply by fire?

Also, did anyone else pick up on the Matrix within the Matrix thing. If that is true, would that explain why Agent Smith is still there? Will Agent Smith, in his desire to free himself, inadvertantly aide Neo in the destruction of the Matrix?

You have to remember that the fire, within the matrix, is also a program, just in another form :)

Agent Smith is one of the programs that the Oracle was referring about that when faced with deletion, they decide another path for themselves. Not sure that Smith is actually a virus but it seems his programing got altered and it is able to now "duplicate" himself but altering other programs within the Matrix. The thing I wonder about is if all his "clones" are just subroutines of the main program (the original Mr. Smith) and that when the main program crashes (dies) then all the subroutines (copies) will crash with it.

LA_MERC_Maverick
May 15th, 2003, 05:37 PM
i think you are correct toby, which is why in the preview of revolutions it had him facing off with the original in an all out battle.... *i think*

LOL!

LA_MERC_Maverick
May 15th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Im going to watch it again tomorrow with biggie so hopefully i can get a better idea of WTHs going on....lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 15th, 2003, 06:59 PM
My one problem with the movie: The whole scene with Morpheus, the dancing and the sex scene...You could have left that whole part out, and had just as good of a movie.

[FOC]Jord!!!
May 15th, 2003, 07:44 PM
yeah i think the architect was saying the oracle was the "mother". I was very confused when the architect started talking about the other neo's and how zion had been destroyed 5 times already. Does anyone else feel that near the end everything happend really fast? like when it showed the whole crew of that one ship getting blown up? i geuss i'll need to go to it again to actually know what going on ahaha.

roXet
May 15th, 2003, 07:58 PM
I really liked the movie I thought it was awesome. I didn't think they would be able to leave my jaw on the floor like they did with the first movie.

Agent Smith is now simply a rogue program, but I don't think he's looking for "freedom". He's free already, his only purpose now is to kill Neo. He is still loyal to the "system" becauase he was the guy that set off the EMP that killed the 5 ships that were destroyed by the squids.

Toby, I don't the "copies" of Smith are subroutines, I was thinking of them more as another process. Just another instance of the same program. But they do respond to commands from what you are lead to believe is the original Smith, so you may be right.

Ok, now let's get philosophical on this mother. What did ya'll think about the conversation between the chancellor and Neo on the engineering level of Zion. They are fighting to free themselves from their machine masters, but they are still slaves to the other machines that run Zion. I liked that...

Omega_Prime
May 15th, 2003, 11:08 PM
omg that movie was sweet! i agree it happened all so fast at the end im kinda at a loss for words, darren thinks that there is a matrix outside the matrix... as for me i have no clue, but how did neo stop the machines outside the matrix? kinda makes me wonder if he might be jesus reborn or something, you did notice the pics of christ in the matrix halfway through the movie, o well only time will tell.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 15th, 2003, 11:30 PM
The machines made the Matrix.. Some machine programed the Architect which then created the matrix. The matrix is part of a machine, the machine part of the matrix.

One theory would be Onji's theory that there is a Matrix inside a Matrix where they contain (keep busy) the single anomaly that occurs from the 1% out of the 99% of humans that accept the matrix programming.

Another theory would be something to the fact that if Agent Smith can infect a human which then is a carrier and who can then leave the matrix with Agent Smith imprinted in his mind then maybe Neo is the same thing but backwards. Because of the fact that he can see the matrix as it truely is, which is nothing but a program. Maybe somehow he can actually control the machines and just doesn't know his full potential yet. Wasn't it said in the movie that the only way to control a machine is to fully understand its purpose. To not only know what it does but the true internal workings of it.

I think the oracle did tell him that what ever he wants to have happen will happen. Now then again, this could just mean that he is actually dreaming all of this crap and that he will wake up from it all and there be no such thing as a matrix, or is there? hehe

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 16th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Also, if Neo realized that he was in a matrix within a matrix, the same rules in the "outer matrix" would apply in the "inner matrix". What I mean is he would be able to control anything within the either matrix (ie, the Squidies).

JUNKY
May 16th, 2003, 06:15 AM
I agree with Tech -- It's a sim inside a sim, and Neo is just beginning to realize that -- which is probably something that the "controllers" didnt expect.

Think of it this way -- In Morpeus's speech he said they have been fighting the war for almost a century -- but The architect said that Zion has been destroyed 6 times. That means it's a cycle, and it's possible that humans have been trapped for millennia or more.

Oh, and you all can drop the Oracle being the mother thing--cause most likely it won't be discussed -- Gloria Foster, the actress that played the Oracle, died in 2001 during filming of Reloaded -- she never shot any footage for Revolutions before she died.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 16th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Such a good movie. I agree [FOC]Jord, i felt the end was rushed a little. And the architect was talking too damn fast, i need to watch it again hehe
Now the big question, did anyone else stay till after the credits to see the preview to Revolutions?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 16th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Was it the same preview that I have seen already? (obviously, I didn't stay late!). Will have to see it again...that much is a given. How about a movie trip during Armageddon?!

Omega_Prime
May 16th, 2003, 01:04 PM
im game w00t!

JUNKY
May 16th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Yes Tech it was the same trialer - just didnt have the brief scene at the beginning and end with Niobe and Ghost -- and yes I stayed.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 16th, 2003, 02:38 PM
another theory:

In this sixth matrix an anomoly happened that wasn't predictable ... Agent Smith and Neo (for a lack of a better phrase) blended. First when Neo exploded smith in the first one (Neo imprinted something on Smith) and then again when Smith tried to copy himself into Neo (Smith imprinted something on Neo). Maybe this is where Neos ability to manipulate the machines came from, but only time will tell.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Ah! Now that's an intersting idea...I hadn't thought of it. That would also, kinda, explain how he was able to control the squids...

LA_MERC_Onji
May 16th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Forgot to mention. They shot about an hour's worth of footage just for the game 'enter the matrix'. They said you really dont get the full story unless you play the game through.
Also the Animatrix came out on dvd that has some interesting info as well.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 16th, 2003, 10:03 PM
This movie sucked...

LA_MERC_Onji
May 17th, 2003, 07:27 AM
sorry dirge, this isnt opposite day, that was last tuesday

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 17th, 2003, 09:24 AM
No, I'm serious. To me, the plot has some serious logistical holes in it and the plot of the second movie at times ran ridiculous parallels to the first one. The entire movie itself lacked the cutting psychological punch that the first one had. This was to be expected though. The action scenes were pretty good, but I think the ones from the first movie were more original and better shot. SOme of the action was just blurry slow motion and didn't even look as crisp. I don't know, I was severely disappointed with it. :(

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 17th, 2003, 09:26 AM
BTW Did you think that Neo didn't control the squids, they stopped due to and EMP blast from the other ship?

LA_MERC_Maverick
May 17th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Onji
sorry dirge, this isnt opposite day, that was last tuesday

LMAO Onji!!

And Dirge, while a good point, I dont think that the squids were EMPed by another ship because, while yes another ship was around a few minutes later, it was under full power, which would mean that it didnt use the EMP and also wasnt affected by the blast, as well as the fact that the blast "appeared" to come from Neo's hand and not from behind him or from behind the machines.

I missed seeing it again yesterday with biggie cause of stupid work h4xing my hours, but I hope to see it again soon and would luv to have a movie night at Armaggedon....w00t!

Bulldog
May 17th, 2003, 09:52 PM
The thing about gloria foster dying should effect the appearance of the oracle in the last movie. An oracle would be able to change appearance.

Bulldog
May 17th, 2003, 09:54 PM
I meant should NOT effect.

and WOULD be able to change appearances.

I just totally flubbed that last post.

CoF
May 17th, 2003, 10:28 PM
yeah they already got the lady in the Enter The matrix game who explains why she looks different...

IamTylerDurden
May 18th, 2003, 02:02 PM
KK.. last discuss this mother thing.. the architect flat out says that the oravle is NOT the mother.. ive seen it twice now, and he says it is NOT her.. and you are SOOOOOO underestimating who persiphone is... i mean didnt you stop to think for a moment that the guy, while he may have a lot of power is NOT as powerful as she is, i mean its obvious who is in charge of that relationship right away isnt it!.. so while i could be incorrect that she is the mother, i KNOW for a fact the mother is not the oracle!

LA_MERC_BS
May 21st, 2003, 07:57 AM
I have an idea. Just bare with me on this. I don't know all the fancy computer talk. Smith was able to duplicate himself right. Kinda like infecting others. What if he is just a virus now. If you think on that for a few minutes. How was he able to infect a human in the matrix and the human go back to Zion? What if, no one is unplugged. They just mearly unplugged themselves from the Matrix, but they are still plugged in somewhere. That would explain Smith. He just was lucky enough to latch his virus onto another program (human) that was networking back to his area. That would also explain how Neo was able to kill the sentinals in the end. He just found out himself. He can't tell anyone because he is in a comma. But I think he just realized that he is still a part of a program somewhere. He just moved from one to the other. Are you guys with me or did I just loose everyone? Remeber the first Matrix? What did Smith want from cypher? Mainframe codes to Zion. Why would he want that if they are a billion miles under ground and not plugged in. What good are the codes to an agent in the matrix? They would still physically have to travel to the earths core to destroy zion. Unless Zion was a program it's self.

wookie
May 21st, 2003, 11:00 AM
keanu reeves impersonation: "WOah."

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 27th, 2003, 08:45 PM
For those playing the game and have seen the movie (and have seen the trailer for the NEXT Matrix movie) I think the guy with the long hair and bad teeth (frmo the trailer) was the last "One", or atleast someone who was set free by the last "One". In the game, he walks by one of the characters and says "72 hours...that's how long we had last time...72 hours".
Also, the game tells the story between parts of the movie. It's interesting...but, doesn't really fill in any holes...yet...

LA_MERC_Onji
June 12th, 2003, 11:02 AM
hey guys, i found a transcript of neo and the architect's conversation online, cause the architect was talking to fast lol

http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/000250.php

This page is VERY long because of peoples comments below it, read them, there are some very interesting theories out there.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 12th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Oh BTW,

Yankee, Andyconda and myself went to see this bad boy at the IMAX...

HOLY FRIGGING BALLZ!!!!!!

It made it a completely different movie. Much, much better. The only problem is the screen was so big, you literally looked left then right and you could really see how bad some of those people's acne scars were...

I do have one question though. Early in the movie, there is a scene when a ship is coming back into Zion and it looks like they are just getting the people unplugged from the Matrix... Weren't they out of broadcast range then?

LA_MERC_Onji
June 12th, 2003, 11:21 AM
you got me on that one. Is there a broadcast range? In the first movie when Morpheus was showing Neo around the ship he said "this is the main deck, this is where we broadcast our pirate signal and hack into the matrix"
Can they broadcast from anywhere? i have no clue

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 12th, 2003, 11:51 AM
I seem to remember in the first one them talking about getting into broadcast range. I may be dreaming that one up though.

IamTylerDurden
June 12th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Im with you on that one Dirge.. im pretty sure this is a broadcast range... but i dont think they were being pulled from the matrix on the way in to Zion.. i just think it was edited so that they were pulled from the matrix then they left the range and started back.. they just cut out the middle figuring it wouldnt really matter...

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 12th, 2003, 05:51 PM
So what were the peeps plugged into when they showed the "Control Tower" thingy with the woman granting them access through the gate? Some kind of Zion Matrix?

IamTylerDurden
June 12th, 2003, 06:20 PM
yup.. that was there on program....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==