May 13th, 2003, 07:11 PM
how do i change the CD Key for CS? like manually..:ak47:

MadOne
May 13th, 2003, 08:11 PM
:stu

what do you wanna do that for??? :confused: :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 13th, 2003, 09:39 PM
why didn't u call me b00n? when u read this call me and I walk you threw it..

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 14th, 2003, 07:00 AM
:nono
naughty boy! :p:

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM
wow.. i feel special.. what help i have gotten =P cause i lost the CD case fer CS and i know it is in the pputer somewhere, and i need it, to write it down when i uninstall CS, i have... wait, lemme start over.. i have to delete CS from my puter.. and i ran over my CS CD and CD CASE... with my puter chair.. an di was like, waah, ya know? but my bro just bought HL and ima use that and just DL'd the lil CS version.. but i need MY CS CD KEY, so i wont be using my brothers so we both can get on.. ya know? there, that is whole stery..:crybaby

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 08:21 AM
With your smart arse attitude, you're about to feel real special there chief. Why don't you keep up the good work and see how much help you get?

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:25 AM
jeez man, calm down im JP.. lord.. and i dnt have a smart arse attitude.. and im not the one that gets mad at oher people playing the game when they dont tell me where they are.. so, i dont have the "attitude", and.. im JP.. simma down

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Oh and your story has more holes in it than the Iraqi Navy. You start off with "how do I change it manually?" Much different than having "lost it." And running over the cd case destroyed the key? Is your chair similar to a steamroller and painted over the cd-key after the case died?

To assist your "quest" use regedit to find the software key for half-life. For details do a search on the net...

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:27 AM
i cant help it if i try to fix something and i run into another problem..

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 14th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Same thing happened to me this weekend. I was going to replace the faucet in the bathroom (should take 20 minutes). I worked on it for 5 hours becaus eof all this crap that happened that I wasn't ready for (broken pipes, broken nuts etc etc).

Stupid plumbing.

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:37 AM
hehehe, i know..why i hesitate to do some things, they always take SO MUCH longer then you think or hope it will... and im to poor to call anyone to help me fix it =P lol

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:39 AM
1 more thing about Dirge.. you having a bad day? time of the month? just making sure, cause if it is, i will be nice..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 14th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
With your smart arse attitude, you're about to feel real special there chief. Why don't you keep up the good work and see how much help you get? woh woh dirge... he was just picking.. dind't you see like face "=p"?? I took it as a joke...

Originally posted by Ac3DH4quR
1 more thing about Dirge.. you having a bad day? time of the month? just making sure, cause if it is, i will be nice.. see you have to understand dirge before you can talk to him.. I'm still learning which is why i awp his arse from time to time.. Infact dirge is like the awp in many ways..
----AWP------- -------DIRGE-----
Very Loud!! YES
Does a lot of damage!! YES
Takes skill to use!! YES
Is a nub cannon!! YES
Is long thick and hard!! NO

See dirge is like the awp in many ways
:laugh:

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ac3DH4quR
1 more thing about Dirge.. you having a bad day? time of the month? just making sure, cause if it is, i will be nice..

gg nub

Ima be nice and let that one go, but don't test me.

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 01:38 PM
nub eh? ill amp you arse a time or too until you dont call me nub.. and im not testing you.. im asking you a question

CoF
May 14th, 2003, 01:44 PM
never ask for help here Ac3D ya may not know me, but if it's a cs related question from here on out just IM me at "uncommon goth" and i'll get ya fixed up or email-me at [email protected]... trust me it'll save you alot of posting time...

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Alright ac3dqu33r, I would love to see you pick up an awp against. Not that that proves anything one way or the other. You on the other hand ARE intent on proving the scientific theories of shallow gene pools with your incessant questioning and clear inability to communicate. You bltantly and irreverantly spam random forums with basic questions which could be easily answered with a modicum of research on the internet.

I mean for the love of god, parental control? Does the concept of clicking on the different menus in the game seem that difficult or foreign to you? I guarantee you it takes longer to post that problem than it would have to attempt to find the solution on your own.

As for you being a nub? Yeah, you're really proving me wrong with your whopping 18% accuracy and sub 1 K:D ratio!

As for me having a bad day or time of the month, negative. I would have to have what you are to fall into that category.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM
thnx grime ;)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 14th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
Alright ac3dqu33r, I would love to see you pick up an awp against. Not that that proves anything one way or the other. You on the other hand ARE intent on proving the scientific theories of shallow gene pools with your incessant questioning and clear inability to communicate. You bltantly and irreverantly spam random forums with basic questions which could be easily answered with a modicum of research on the internet.

I mean for the love of god, parental control? Does the concept of clicking on the different menus in the game seem that difficult or foreign to you? I guarantee you it takes longer to post that problem than it would have to attempt to find the solution on your own.

As for you being a nub? Yeah, you're really proving me wrong with your whopping 18% accuracy and sub 1 K:D ratio!

As for me having a bad day or time of the month, negative. I would have to have what you are to fall into that category. Dam it both stop. CS skills mean NOTHING in real life, its a freakin game. And dirge so what if doesn't know about the game or pcs aswell as other. He has a prob with CS so he post questions here, most others do. Frankie don't crack on dirge he doesn't take it well. Nothing against either of you, just stop fighting over a game. If the answer is fixed why not close the thread..

CoF
May 14th, 2003, 02:11 PM
ditto ^

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 14th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Hey there Dustin, why not ask questions here? I know a lot of people who have asked both technical and cs related questions and have got them answered in a very detailed mannor.

I just want to clear something up real quick. Ac3DH4quR, If you have already installed CS and you have already entered in your cd key and it was working then all you have to do is uninstall CS through your add/remove programs folder in your computers control panel and then delete the Sierra folder from your C:\ (harddrive). Once you have it uninstalled, just reinstall and you will be fine. Uninstalling CS does not remove the cd key from the registry.

However, if u really need the cd key, click on Start >> Run and type
regedit
Once you are in the registry editor, browse to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\CounterStrike\Set tings
Look to the right under the Name column for Key. You will then see your CS CD Key directly to the right under the column of Data.

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 03:55 PM
-smiles- Dirge, Dirge, Dirge... You my friend.. have a big mouth. I posted here to seek help, advice, etc. But you, you with you big mouth have to go and big Mr. Bigshot. Quit Frankly, I don't see why they have you in Merc. In all of your posts I have seen, have either been very rude or full of yourself. I'm done with this lil thread. But before I go, let me thank those WHO HAVE helped me solve my problem. Thank you. And to Dirge, i'm not impressed by your small vocabulary. Good bye.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 14th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ac3DH4quR .. Let me run a few things by you real quick.

Just because you have a friend in LA_MERC doesn't entitle you to talk up, down or sideways to any of our members and especially our Admins.

Plain and simple, you are a guest in this house.

If you have a technical issue then post it in the appropriate forum and if you are unsure on which forum that is, ask in the post and it will be moved to the appropriate forum if it was not created in the correct forum. Your question should include the problem and reasoning behind it. It should be complete in description because no one can read your mind. If it is not complete, be prepared for questions that may not even pertain to your actual problem and be prepared to not get an immediate or correct response. NO ONE IS BEING PAID TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THAT ARE POSTED HERE.

Last but not least, no one likes to play in the same area they crap in so watch where u take your "dumps" because you will find it flying back in your face very quickly

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 04:25 PM
maybe i was wrong, peace out to all yall, and i could care less who they are im talking to.. im done, im gone, goodbye

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Does anyone else see the irony in that post being underneath Illegal-Op's sig line?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==