PDA

View Full Version : Fav Band?

Jubae
May 11th, 2003, 09:58 PM
If you had to pick one band, who would be your fav and why? Oh yeah, if someone posts something you think sucks, be a big boy and keep it to yourself :) I just wanted to see what everyone liked:d:

Rooster
May 11th, 2003, 10:09 PM
local band, but I like "Overtone" (rock)

got friends in the band, won battle of the bands in New Orleans last year at HOB

SnAkEbItE
May 11th, 2003, 10:46 PM
My favorite is probably Dallas Holmes.

wookie
May 11th, 2003, 10:48 PM
I'mma gonna say Linkin Park.

CoF
May 11th, 2003, 11:04 PM
probably Sevendust, but a close second or tie would be Tool/A Perfect Circle basically anything Maynard does...

LA_MERC_Spark
May 11th, 2003, 11:31 PM
been in a G Love and Special Sauce (blues/rap) mood lately, but I got plenty favs

:band

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 11th, 2003, 11:49 PM
ack....tough question. Well, if I don't say one of my tattoos I guess I need more ink....lol

Metallica....Even though Lars is a world class tool now-a-days. The Cliff years are what made me pick up a guitar. MOP is one of THEE best metal albums of all time.

Scott

wookie
May 12th, 2003, 12:45 AM
:werd :fruit :hb :nox :nox :nox :nox :nox :nox :nox :cheers :cheers :beerchug :dance :drunk :afro :biggrin :rockband :rockband :band :band :nana :drive

roXet
May 12th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Pearl Jam has to be my all time favorite, but the Beatles are up there too. Lately I'm really enjoying Lagwagon.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 12th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Hmmm Mine changes a lot, but I'm really into the Counting Crows right now, especially Recovering the Satellites and some of Hard Candy

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 12th, 2003, 07:49 AM
no one here has probably heard of these guys cause they are a canadian band but "The Tragically Hip" is my all time favorite.

Although i think they play in New Orleans every once in a while...have you seen em' Dirge?

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 12th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Their name is Tragically Hip? If so I can't recall seeing them, but we see so many down here we might have. I'll keep an eye out for them.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 12th, 2003, 08:37 AM
I would have to agree with BB on this one. Metallica...hands down.

Their music has changed so much over the years. It's matured...become more musical. Definately Metallica.

LaTech

Death-Speak
May 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with BB on this one. If I could pick one and only one, I'd say METALLICA. I've been hooked ever since I picked up that first Ride The Lightning tape... they've always made great music. Judging from the mtvIcons: Metallica I just saw, they are continueing the booty kicking process.

Resurrect Cliff or bring back Newstead and I could die a happy man. :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 12th, 2003, 09:16 AM
DS do you know anything about Robert Trujillo?? He is very similar to Cliff...Beats Jason hands down. Robert played on all the early Suicidal Tendencies albums up through Lights, Camera, Revolution. If you wanna feel funk metal at its finest check out Infectious Grooves. Thats a Mike Muir/Robert Trujillo side project.....AWESOME slap pop bass. Poor Robert has been wasting away playing bass for Ozzy...not a real tough gig there.

Scott

MadOne
May 12th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Disturbed...I just like the way they sing about peace and love....LOL...er ..I just like there stuff..

Maximus
May 12th, 2003, 12:22 PM
I'd say Metallica, esp. during the Cliff Burton years, but I've been diggin Pushmonkey and Vallejo too...

Death-Speak
May 12th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
DS do you know anything about Robert Trujillo?? He is very similar to Cliff...Beats Jason hands down. Robert played on all the early Suicidal Tendencies albums up through Lights, Camera, Revolution. If you wanna feel funk metal at its finest check out Infectious Grooves. Thats a Mike Muir/Robert Trujillo side project.....AWESOME slap pop bass. Poor Robert has been wasting away playing bass for Ozzy...not a real tough gig there.

Scott

Yeah, I used to dig some Infectious Grooves way back when. Its not that Trujillo isn't a great musician though... I just liked some Metallica in the key of Cliff...

BigOne
May 12th, 2003, 01:41 PM
metalica hands down

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 12th, 2003, 01:49 PM
NO no, I hear ya loud and clear DS....and I agree. It will be interesting to see what Robert does when he can record his own bass lines...this CD is in the key of Bob Rock??? WTH!?!?! I guessing there won't be a whole lot of inovation there. The other thing I find interesting his Robert's stage presence vs. the other guys...very diffrent style.

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 12th, 2003, 01:52 PM
omg it is sad to see this thread has turned into a metallica er circle jer.... well you get the idea

Beavis
May 12th, 2003, 02:12 PM
metallica......but the early stuff....really didnt care for them in the last years

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 12th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
omg it is sad to see this thread has turned into a metallica er circle jer.... well you get the idea

Nub...not a CJ. Face it, they own.....I don't like everything they've done and I'm damn worried about this JaRule thing on the next album but you can't deny thier raw power and energy. You don't last 22years in the music business without doing something right.

Scott:stu :hb

Death-Speak
May 12th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Can you get an amen? Why yes you can...

AMEN!

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 12th, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'm referring more to the fact that rather than list your fav band, it has turned into a Metallica discussion thread. You basically stole the thread from Jubae, start your own thread about Metallica's ins and outs... :soapbox

I for one think Metallica is pretty good, but I am not a fan of that genre and I would never buy or download one of their cd's, just my preference. This thread was entertaining before the Metallica discussion drowned out the disclosure of other peeps music preference's. So in that regard, it has become a CJ. :soapbox

-FA- ManiacalClown
May 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM
I'm all about the Pearl Jam.

Death-Speak
May 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM
I've also been listening to alot of StereoMud. They are quality...

Disorder
May 12th, 2003, 03:43 PM
ive been listening to alot of cradle of filth, manson, fear factory, and crystal method.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 12th, 2003, 04:09 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/text2schild.php?text=Excuuuuuuuuuuse me!&typ=8&col=255,255,255&shcol=0,0,0

Scott

Ac3DH4quR
May 12th, 2003, 07:18 PM
:grenade i like the new Metallica.. bwhehehe, i dun know why i put that lil smiley thing in there.. i jsut saw it.. its funny.. ahaha.. =O

Eon Blue Apocalypse
May 12th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Fav band would be TOOL, hence the name....Eon BLue Apocalypse.
One of the greatest bands in my opinion would be RUSH. Man those guys are OLD....lol.

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Dave Matthews Band for many reasons but especially since Im a drummer and Carter is a GOD!!!

NIN because Trent is just an AMAZING musician, writer and especially producer!

Tool because the whole band has so much talent its scary!!!

Ben Harper because hes one of the nicest guys Ive ever met and he sings straight from his soul!

Counting Crows because Adam doesnt give a poo!, he just goes out and sings angry or happy or sad or glad or in whatever mood he may be in at the time, hes completely real!!!

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones because it actually hurts me that each of those guys are so innventive and talented and I think they would prob be God's favorite band =)

Norah Jones bc she is completely unaffected (so far) by the industry, she just went out and blew all the odds by making this amazing jazz album straight from her heart and then selling the poo out of it too!!!!

and i think Tapeworm.. even though i havent head their stuff yet, its Maynard (tool) plus Trent (nin), and I dont see how that has any chance of being anything less than life changing!!!

HaUnTeD
May 15th, 2003, 09:31 PM
metallica defiantely, but i still like that hardcore rap stuff =P

Cypher
May 15th, 2003, 10:42 PM
hard to pick a single fave... but at the top of my list, there's... [in no particular order]
Living Sacrifice / Killswitch Engage / Tool / Creed / 40 Below Summer

SoBe
May 16th, 2003, 08:13 PM
John Mayer is my absolute favorite, because he's gorgeous, because he has a seductive voice, and corona's song to me is "Wonderland" by him!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 16th, 2003, 08:53 PM
It would have to be Bill Watrous and the Manhattan Wildlife Refuge.

CoF
May 16th, 2003, 11:22 PM
heheh i couldn't hold it i gotta list a few more... Danzig, Tori Amos, Queens of the Stone Age... there is always more cause next to Sevendust i don't have a "favorite" just a love for music period. been listening to alot of AFI, CoF, Manson, and The Cardigans lately... =D

Jubae
May 16th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks you guys for posting and not flaming about anything, You guys rock! Keep them coming I am downloading like a pimp because you guys are posting good stuff. weeeee :thewave

bighead
May 17th, 2003, 01:45 AM
hmmm...danzig, sepultura, pantera, older metallica (kill em all, master of puppets, ride the lightning, garage days) , tool, white zombie. Just some off the top of my head

Daedelus
May 17th, 2003, 03:00 PM
I would have to say my favorite is the Eagles but close behind would be Metalica and new band i like is Godsmack(something about his voice) oh and Korn always seams to get me speeding tickets when i listen to them in my car haha.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==