PDA

View Full Version : Overtime Changes Move Through Congress

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 24th, 2003, 10:31 PM
This is a new bill being pushed through Congress, it has already passed in the Senate and they are hoping it will pass through the House of Representatives before Mother's Day. This bill is similar to President Bush's proposal, which would allow employers to pressure workers into working overtime without pay. We especially need people to take action in the following states: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana, Delaware, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

This is a condensed version fo the paper I received today at work, didn't feel like typing everything. I'm not sure how exactly the bill is worded but apparently some feel it could be interpretated this way. I don't keep up on politics much but I certainly want to atleast be paid for any and all work that I do, especially if I don't have a choice in the matter. For those that don't know I'm a in the UAW, United Aerospace, Agricultral, and Auto Workers. But I think this would be an all encompassing overtime issue not just for Union members. If anyone would like to send a message opposing cuts in overtime click on the link and make your views known.
www.unionvoice.org/ct/8dpNpK71w1qu/

LA_MERC_RiverRat
April 24th, 2003, 10:35 PM
doh - you gotta be a member of the site for that link....here is the correct link to go to if you do not wish to subscribe to their site...

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/overtimepay

LA_MERC_RiverRat
April 24th, 2003, 10:37 PM
As of 12:01 AM on April 9 there have been 105,005 messages sent opposing cuts in overtime by people like you.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 24th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Sheesh you beat me to it, I was just about to post a working link, thanks Jay.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 25th, 2003, 07:23 AM
As a salaried employee I already work many hours "without pay".
but I wouldn't trade :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==