View Full Version : Thought this was interesting

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 9th, 2003, 09:30 AM
AN IRAQ-AMERICAN TELLS IT LIKE IT IS!

If you are a Chicago area resident, you've probably heard about this
incident on the Don and Roma call-in show on WLS. If not, you'll
appreciate hearing it and perhaps you'll share it with others. It's
quite moving.

Here's what happened. Don and Roma's son is an F18 fighter pilot (and ex-Blue Angel and local Chicago celeb), who is stationed somewhere near Iraq now. An antiwar protester emailed Don and Roma stating that he hoped their son would die if the US goes to war against Iraq. It brought tears to Roma's eyes, but she still read this hateful email on the air. After hearing it read, an Iraqi-American girl called in and this is what she had to say. Don and Roma are going to replay this file everyday until the war is over.

Click here for MP3 (http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/JDonnRoma.mp3)

Jubae
April 9th, 2003, 09:45 AM
God Bless America, Our troops, and our President. Finally we have someone in office who isn't a panty waste left-ist, bleeding heart, no good, dope smoking, intern-shagging b00n. Am I out of line?

Rooster
April 9th, 2003, 10:12 AM
neg, I think you are right on target

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 9th, 2003, 10:24 AM
:tank: :iwo

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 9th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Preach on Jubae!!!

Rooster
April 9th, 2003, 10:53 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/09/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html

:beerchug :blue: :cheers

:birthday Happy Birthday to Iraq!!

[Cajun] BigEasy
April 9th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Dope smoking? That's laughable considering our current president has a cocaine addiction and been arrested for drunk driving.

As for the original topic, those remarks are shameful.

Bulldog
April 9th, 2003, 10:20 PM
I TOTALLY! agree with ya Jubea.
Good find LA_TECH. I've got some people I want to play that for.

Bulldog
April 9th, 2003, 10:22 PM
I was unclear as to which remarks were you referring to BigEasy?

Sunder
April 10th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Good job !! Jubae
I must note. I have seen some bad stuff go down in the past where certain Democrates, just looked around with thier finger in thier buts, while americans where killed, in other countries, Makes me proud Bush is following through with what his father should have done back in the gulfwar...

Jubae
April 10th, 2003, 10:09 AM
By the way, for the record I would like to say that used to be as left as one could get. I used to be a dope smoking, bleeding heart, whining, liberal. But you know what happened between the ages of 16-21? I GREW UP. Now me ultra right-wing conservative, GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN AND OUR PRESIDENT!

(P.S. Does anyone remember 'Nam when our troops came home and they were spit on? Let's not repeat the past m/k! Shake the hand of our troops when they come home and thank them for doing the job we are not able to do ourselves.)

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 10th, 2003, 11:27 AM
/me is so proud

:D :soapbox

[Cajun] BigEasy
April 10th, 2003, 11:38 AM
(P.S. The anti-war movement during the Vietnam conflict sought to embrace returning soldiers, not shun them. Returning soldiers often became some of the most powerful voices against the war. The idea that a large majority of soldiers returning from Vietnam were spit on is mostly Urban legend. The anti-war movement then as well as now is directed toward government policy, not the troops whose job it is to follow orders.)

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 10th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Quite a spin you have there bigeasy. The anti-war movement began as you stated, but by the later stages of the conflict, returning soldiers were in fact screamed at and labeled baby killers by the radical peaceniks. The war protestors at that point were more supportive of murderous regimes than their own countrymen. The voices against the war you speak of were primarily the soldiers who were drafted and didn't dodge the draft like a former president. But alas, I digress. We could go round and round on Vietnam. The main problem is the horrible job Hollywood has done portraying the war to our generation.

Jubae
April 10th, 2003, 03:03 PM
yay for Dirge! But listen, talking politcs is like playing with yourself, it may be fun and your way is always the best when discussing it amongst others. I didn't mean to get all fired up about this so I apologize for be brash. At any rate, I still love ya BigEasy, no harm no foul.

Rooster
April 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Troops put into action what their commanders tell them to do. They ALSO have the right to refuse an order if they deem the order is an unlawful one. Just b/c they "follow orders" doesn't mean they do not think for themselves. The military today trains troops to think, not just act.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 10th, 2003, 03:28 PM
akk....BigEasy, youre what 23?? Not to say Im old enough to remember VIet Nam but my step father served 2 tours there as well as one in Korea. I'm sure he'll be glad to tell what REALLY happened when he came home.....for the record is ISN'T your version.

Scott

[Cajun] BigEasy
April 10th, 2003, 03:50 PM
I'll admit those sad stories did sometimes play out but it wasn't part of the large scale peace movement. To characterise the anti-war movement as such doesn't do justice to what its goals were.

Jubae - there was never any love lost :)

Dirge you're right. The image of the vietnam is distorted but as is most history. Most people accept whatever version they hear first. :P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==