PDA

View Full Version : Second Opinions wanted

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 8th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Okay, went into CS last night... picked team... computer reboots... hmmm

Windows starts back up... computer reboots...

Then it won't post or anything. I get all power lights and fans work, but a no signal message on my monitor and no hdd activity. I completely broke down the comp and still nothing. I treied a different vid card and nothing. I'm assuming it's the mobo at this point, I just wanted a second opinion... I reset the bios too.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 8th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Could also be your power supply. Test that and see what happens. Also, it could be your MoBo...hopefully not though!

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 8th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Well, I just bought a new psu about a week ago... The good news is everything is under warranty...

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 8th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Do you know what kind of MoBo you have? I ask because I have seen ABit MoBo do this, and it was cause by bubbled capacitors on the mobo. The Caps fed the voltage regulators going to the chip...it almost fried the chip. If your PS is new, I would lean towards it being mobo as well. Check it out and see if there are any noticeable problems with it (bubbled caps etc). Also, do you have bad power? (spikes, brown outs etc) This, as I am sure you know, can cause serious problems with PC's (that's actually what damaged the mobo I was talking about...fluctuations in the power caused caps to pop).

Just asking questions.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 8th, 2003, 08:05 AM
ding ding ding I have an ABIT mobo. Actually a buddy at work has experienced the same prob with an ABIT board before. grrrr

Looks like RMA time kiddies.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 8th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Indeed it does. ABit is known for having issues with their capacitors (I believe it was the BE6-2, BH6 and the BF6 boards mainly). Good luck getting anything from them though.

Jubae
April 8th, 2003, 09:11 AM
If it won't boot at all, not even bios, it is the mobo and you need to either replace it or do what LaTech said. I had the same problem with another mobo and it drove me CRAZY! I eventually threw that thing out the window (Literally). But that is the answer, your mobo is shot in one way for another.

LA_MERC_Sniper
April 8th, 2003, 11:08 AM
dirge that is what mine was doing before stacy fixed it and mine was mobo and vid card but yours might be just mobo

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 8th, 2003, 11:21 AM
doh

Does anyone have any experience with ABIT and warranties?

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 8th, 2003, 11:54 AM
no good experiences...

Maximus
April 8th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, call ABIT, tell them the problem, you send it to them, they get you a new one, they send it back to you, life is a tulip once again! :-)

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 8th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah, they send the SAME ONE back to you! lol
Sometimes they fix them...sometimes, they don't.

Did you buy it direct from Abit? Contact the place you actually bought it from and ask them their RMA procedures.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 22nd, 2003, 06:24 AM
Okay the geniuses at newegg finally found my RMA, after I called and said WTF!!! Anyway, in their porfessional opinion, my m0b0 is kaplooey! So they are sending me an equivalent. I had an ABIT, they are sending me a Shuttle board. WTF? Has anyone heard of this board? I'm just hoping it's not associated with NASA...

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 22nd, 2003, 07:00 AM
SHuttle is the actual name of the company...do you know which board they are sending?

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 22nd, 2003, 07:23 AM
This is it:

Shuttle AMD Motherboard Model AK35GT2R Retail
Specifications:
CPU Support: Duron, XP, Athlon 200/266 FSB
FSB: 200/266 (bios adjustable)
Chipsets: KT333- VT8367/VT8233A
Mem: 4 x 184-pin DIMM DDR up tp 3 GB
IDE: 2 x UltraDMA/100/133 Bus Master, 2 x UltraDMA/133 Bus Master IDE from High Point 372 to support RAID 0, RAID1, RAID0+1 function
IO:1 FD 2 Serial, 1 Parallel, 1 Game, 2 PS2 2 USB
Ports: 1 AGP-1,2,4X 1.5/3.3v 6x PCI slots
Intregrated Audio C-media 8738

Reign
April 22nd, 2003, 02:04 PM
http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=184

go read that, don't know how good it is, but that might give you some ideas

Sunder
April 22nd, 2003, 10:23 PM
I had the same problem with Abit sar6 raid mobo. The capacitores cooked...I had a new mobo replacement from them due to the board was having problems with voltage regulators passing to much current through the capacitors..well that board is retired thanks too hurrican Lily.. Good luck with the shuttle..

Maximus
April 22nd, 2003, 10:58 PM
I can vouch for Shuttle... They have good little boards...very easy to overclock too! :) Otherwise, I think you'd be happy with a Shuttle board!

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 23rd, 2003, 06:29 AM
w00t m0b0 inbound for Friday. Just need to hold on a couple more days... no more zelda... must be strong... will weak...

Maximus
April 23rd, 2003, 06:31 AM
Drink beer, play Zelda, wait for the board to come...

Death-Speak
April 23rd, 2003, 06:59 AM
I've built 2 systems with that Shuttle mobo. They have done their owners good so far. No probs whatsoever

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==