PDA

View Full Version : I just gotta know... (prt. 2)

CoF
April 2nd, 2003, 04:49 PM
seeing as how i got the response i figured i would from the last thread. i'm wondering if i can ask what most of your views on this war are and what you think this war is about. i don't want this to be a debate or for anyone to comment on anyone elses posts unless your just stating that you agree with said poster that way you don't have to post it all yourself... "As i stated above plz do not turn this into a debate just post your views that way i can see how you all feel about it"

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 2nd, 2003, 05:03 PM
You can probably read the other posts in this forum, and get a pretty good idea.

Rooster
April 2nd, 2003, 05:09 PM
i agree, just go back a week or so and read the posts and by the way there is no way this wouldn't turn into a debate. Just wouldn't happen :)

CoF
April 2nd, 2003, 05:39 PM
the other posts dont tell me what you think this war is about as far as i can see nor do they clearly state your "personal" views... as i have been reading them.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 2nd, 2003, 05:41 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5822

There is a good example of most of our views. We tend to be conservative and PRO WAR here. I strongly believe in kill or be killed. Sometimes the best defense is a big 'ol offense.

Scott

Rooster
April 2nd, 2003, 11:43 PM
yeah, I think that about handles what you were asking for. Thx BB

Jubae
April 2nd, 2003, 11:45 PM
Yes I am proud to say that I am not only to the right, but I am WAY to the right.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 3rd, 2003, 07:14 AM
Okay... hmmm....

Basically, we ARE defending our country by proactively striking against a clear and present danger. This is NOT blood for oil nor is it a personal vendetta against Saddam, this is about protecting the US of A and liberating the Irqi people from an oppresive regime in the interim.

gesikah
April 3rd, 2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
We tend to be conservative and PRO WAR here.
Scott

Most but not all of us. :-)

As can be seen in this thread (http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5937&perpage=20&pagenumber=1) (towards the end).

And as I am taking this as a continuance of the previously thread (which I kinda missed cuz I try to stay out of this forum ;)), I will just go ahead and let it me known that I happen to like Michael Moore.

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:15 AM
1st off heh i enjoyed that thread gesikah however i also just read it so no this wasn't intended to be a continuation. reading that thread you reminded me of a good friend of mine who used to hang out here.

2nd since this thread was a bad idea written by a person (that's me) who had been up for 3 days. 2 nights of which were spent partying for no apparent reason (these navy cats don't know when to quit sometimes). i don't agree with everything Mr. Moore says, but i do agree with alot of it. i don't watch the news for any other reason than to hear put your head between your legs and kiss your b00t4y goodbye. i would like to say in closing that you can do alot of research or just listen to the news and click on a website to get your information, but that doesn't mean it's going to be factual.
my new favorite word is

tAdA!! "Propaganda"

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 3rd, 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_gesikah
I will just go ahead and let it me known that I happen to like Michael Moore.

OMG I'm sorry, but that is just sad. Have you seen the crap that comes out of his head? His ego is so large he wrote and article claiming that most of America agreed with his Oscar statements. While on the same page an opinion poll ran that proved the opposite. No offense, but I just lost a great deal of respect for you.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 3rd, 2003, 08:22 AM
Oh and Cof, maybe you care to elaborate on your propaganda statement? Perhaps you would care to see actual propaganda in the form of, umm I don't know... China or the old Soviet block... how about Iraq or Arab television. hell ABC news for that matter. lol

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 3rd, 2003, 08:25 AM
There's a War?

OMG, what if they raise the Terror Alert to High???
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hhhhhhhhhhhhh

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
yeah i see it everytime i turn on the television in the form of you beleive anything your told by a fox news reporter as though they actually bring you all the facts. yeah other countries do some f'ed up stuff but hey omg geuss what so do we. you won't hear about it on the daily round the clock coverage though will ya. atleast not yet. maybe one day they'll screw up and say something they shouldn't have and it will crush your view of this perfect country who would never start a war for oil, money, or a personal vendetta. actual propaganda... its what you've been listening to every time you turn on your tv wake up and think about it. don't just think about what they tell you to and think that's the way it must be cause they would never withhold all the facts or would never lie.
i'm not saying this war with Saddam shouldn't happen because i'm sure it would need to be done at some point or another, but just because he is an evil bastard don't start thinking what the higher ups decided to do is entirely justified.

gesikah
April 3rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
No offense, but I just lost a great deal of respect for you. [/B]

Don't worry I am not easily offended and, no offense, but your opinion really doesn't mean anything to me. :)

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:42 AM
i'll stay out of this forum to keep from speaking to dirge... and if ya wanna know why robby i'll talk wit ya on aim or somefin to keep from getting banned again.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 3rd, 2003, 08:43 AM
Beat me to it Robbie.....

Propaganda is Iraq's Information Minister telling the world we are nowhere near Baghdad and that we are getting our butts kicked all over the country. You don't think Iraq is getting their collective heads kicked in??? Then tell me why they would kick out the Al Jezeera reporters from Badhdad. It's to the point where they can't hide the inevitable anymore....even the Arab stations are gonna start showing dat azz getting whooped.

If you have problems with certain media then explore several diffrent ones. CNN tends to lean left while Fox is more to the right. MSNBC and the local channels all have their own slant. Don't think cause I watch the news on TV I'm "misinformed." I'm guessing you have little or no experience with "bad people." I have found through experience that MOST (not all) people who can't see the inherant danger Iraq poses tend be be sheltered. By that I mean you have little or no experience with crime whether as a victim or witness. Crime is something that you hear or read about that happens to other people. I'm here to let you know that the world is full of monsters. They may look and act "normal" on the surface but evil is just below the surface. You can see it if you know how and where to look.

Scott

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:56 AM
scott that post was completely pointless because you honestly have no clue what i've been through that would make me say the things i do "i mean no disrespect whatsoever because i hope ya know even when i heard certain things were said" i really didn't think you had said em i only didn't talk to you for a while so that if you were mad at me and had said them then you would have time to calm down and continue to be my friend... and you didn't read my reply to robby or robbie or however ya spell it. i never said other countries didn't do it--- "alot" what i said was anyone who thinks american television, american generals, the american president, etc. are not going to and are doing it is a "fool" plane and simple. now as i said i will not post here anymore nor read the replys if you have something to say to me then AIM me at [uncommon goth] or ICQ me at [161758156].....

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 3rd, 2003, 09:18 AM
News is biased, I'll agree with that, but, to say that the media is using propaganda (or other similar brain washing techniques) is insane. If you look at what some of the major news people are saying, we are winning. If you listen to Al Jazera (who has now been ousted from Iraq), we are winning.

Bush is an honorable man, and I SERIOUSLY doubt that he would influence the media to lie about anything.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 3rd, 2003, 09:34 AM
1st of all it's Robby

2ndly... Dustin, I welcome discussion on this. Sure I think you can find bias in anything, and I make a concerted effort to break those and my own biases. Given the available sources, I do think Fox news does the best job of objective reporting. Sure, they do have a conservative lean, but it will always be impossible to find true unbiased sources. Because of that, I try to read from as many angles as I can. Do I still have biases? You bet. My main contention is that your use of the term "propaganda" is a little harsh. It implies the use of a media outlet to achieve a specific public opinion. I do not think this exists in any of the US's media sources. While networks may lean one way or the other, most stories are still more or less led by objective reporting.

Oh and as far as someone in government using it as you suggest: Absolutely and I'll tell you why. It's not because they have evil intentions, it's more of a facility to achieve their goal. The collectiver public either doesn't care or is just dumb when it comes to most of these matters and if an easy avenue is presented, they will take it.

weee That was a lot of typing.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 3rd, 2003, 09:41 AM
HAHA it's amazing how so many people get their panties in a wad over stuff they are not fully informed on, have no control over, and don't even have the experience or ability to act on if they did have control over it.

I trust that the leaders of this country are doing whats best for our country. they have the information, they have the experience in dealing with other countries goverments, and I helped put them in office.

you don't like a news channel or source, don't watch or listen to or read it. Also, don't come here telling me the choices I made in which media I listen to is wrong. I am an adult and make my own decisions. just like you should do.

and COF, WTF do you think they aren't reporting? or is it they aren't reporting what you want to hear? you want to hear that american soldiers are killing babies, raping women, stealing from the iraqi civilians??? is that what's in your mind, and since they aren't reporting it, the media must be slanted. the president is telling them to lie? you should move your sorry butt to france.

CoF
April 4th, 2003, 12:12 AM
damn robby that was nice--- no really-- it was... (i said i'd stay away but i can't help it im bored) but what i won't do is post my answers to yours or captains posts though i "really really really" wanted to answer captains (yours too robby, but my answer to his woulda been mean in a smartbutt kinda way) cause i don't think he comprehended what i was saying or just read it wrong or something... and ya don't have to worry about answering this cap cause i actually won't be reading this thread again. curiousity got me this time, but it won't happen again.

PEACE!!!!! lol

Disorder
April 4th, 2003, 06:23 AM
well heres what i think. i think that saddam should be removed, however, i dont think anyone knows just what the hell is going to happen afterwards. a friend of mine who just got back from afghanistan was telling me about how a lot of the people there see americans as a filthy group of people who believe in horrible disgusting things and they were pizzed that these people were comming into their country. same thing goes for iraq. theres a whole lot of people thinking that the US/Iraq thing might end up like USSR/Afghanistan thing. i dont know if this is going to happen or not but i know for sure we are going to have people in iraq for a long time. also im concerned on what happens after all this is over with like who is bush gonna want to go after next? i used to like him but the more and more i think about it and the more crap i see at work makes me less inclined to trust him. on a side note, the rescued pfc wanted to eat turkey steamed carrots and apple sauce. i thought that was funny.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 4th, 2003, 09:09 AM
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==