PDA

View Full Version : respectful music discussion

roXet
March 31st, 2003, 01:49 PM
I love music, and I love discovering new bands, there aren't many things that can get people fired up quicker than a music discussion. Let's try to have a civil discussion of what bands you are listening to right now. There is no need to say a band sucks or anything, if you don't like them, let it be known with "I don't particulary care for their style" or something like that. =)

Lately I've been getting into your pop punk/emo stuff.
I've been listening to Lagwagon, The Ataris, The Impossibles, Jimmy Eat World and Fugazi.

What are ya'll listening to at the moment?

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 31st, 2003, 02:10 PM
Metallica, White Zombie, Pantera, Sepultura...just to name a few.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 31st, 2003, 02:18 PM
hmmm

Dave Matthews Band, Widespread Panic, Galactic, The Radiators, The Subdudes, Any Blues guitarists (Keb Mo, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc), Allman Brothers, Counting Crows, Jack Johnson

Jubae
March 31st, 2003, 03:11 PM
Evanescence, Skillet, Tonex, Finch, Benjamin Gate

CoF
March 31st, 2003, 03:12 PM
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Tori Amos, Queens of the Stone Age, Cradle of Filth, Otep, Sevendust, Tom Petty, The Cure, Static-X, Nine Inch Nails, From Autumn to Ashes, Evanescence, and Vanessa Carlton:d:

Maximus
March 31st, 2003, 04:00 PM
Sevendust, Revis, Saliva, hed PE, Hall and Oates, Most of the Daredevil soundtrack, Stone Sour, All American Rejects, Days of the New, Montgomery Gentry

wookie
March 31st, 2003, 04:17 PM
Tool, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Deftones, The Ataris, Finch, THrice, Further Seems Forever, The All-American Rejects, AFI, the Early November, Blindside, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, etc.

IamTylerDurden
March 31st, 2003, 05:30 PM
DMB, Ben Harper, Coldplay, John Mayer, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Counting Crows, <b>Norah Jones</b>, NIN, ....

Disorder
March 31st, 2003, 05:30 PM
cradle of filth, crystal method, aphex twin, coal chamber, meshuggah, astral projection, sepultura, slayer, uhhh i cant remeber anything else right now.

JUNKY
March 31st, 2003, 05:38 PM
Early Pantera, Mudvayne, Missy Elliot, Rush's Chronicles 2 disc set, Beastie Boy's Pauls Boutique, QOTSA, various soundtracks.

Cypher
March 31st, 2003, 05:52 PM
Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, From Autumn to Ashes, Poison the Well, Deftones, Tool, Earshot, Our Lady Peace

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 31st, 2003, 06:17 PM
Hmm....

Stone Sour, Ra, Taproot, Down, gotta go home and look at the CD I just made...cant think right now.

Scott

wookie
March 31st, 2003, 07:08 PM
Cypher and BB , good taste!

Lt.Dan
March 31st, 2003, 07:16 PM
Phil Collins, Michael Bolton, Kenny G,....and oh yeah cannibal corps :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 31st, 2003, 07:30 PM
Oooo...Canibal Corpse. Vile is a GREAT CD.

Here are some of the others I couldn't think of....

Boy Sets Fire, Ill Nino, Shadows Fall, Unloco.

As far as Favorites...

Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, Nuclear Assault, Celtic Frost, Sacred Reich, Exodus...basically 80s Thrash/speed metal.

Scott

-FA- ManiacalClown
March 31st, 2003, 07:53 PM
My big three are Pearl Jam, Tool, and DMB.

I have an <a href=http://maniacalclown.netfirms.com/pearljam/setlists>Insane Amount of live Pearl Jam from this year</a> if anyone's interested.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 31st, 2003, 08:08 PM
Doh forgot about John Mayer... Oh Yeah CAKE r0x0rs!

roXet
March 31st, 2003, 09:02 PM
Clown! PJ BOOTLEGS!!!!! *drooools*

BigOne
March 31st, 2003, 09:24 PM
ok here i go

garth brooks, toby keith, tim mcgraw, brooks and dunn, metalica, eminem, 50 cent, dr dre, snoop dawg, tupac, linkin park, limp bizkit, kenny chesney, and joe nichols. just to name a few pretty much wide spread

Jubae
March 31st, 2003, 09:27 PM
:eek:

wookie
March 31st, 2003, 09:27 PM
BB whats ur fav Unloco song?

JUNKY
March 31st, 2003, 09:53 PM
BB--I'm disappointed -- no Anthrax?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 1st, 2003, 06:33 AM
Junky, Thats why I put 80s thrash/speed...The list would go on forever...you bet Anthrax is in the pile.

Wookie, I don't have the CD so I only know what I hear on KNAC.com. Bruises is a cool song.

Scott

Death-Speak
April 3rd, 2003, 02:14 PM
Any one here ever heard StereoMud? I've been listening to that CD nonstop.. and of course the basics which everyone else already said... Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Drowning Pool, MudVayne, Napalm Death (<---betcha didn't see that one coming!), 2Pac, Eminem, and 50 Cent to name few, mostly hard rock/metal for me tho...

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 04:54 PM
yeah i used to listen to stereomud, and could probably stand to listen to them now. i got tired of them at one point though, but that's because i listened to them so many times in a row cause they were bada$$. imho...

roXet
April 3rd, 2003, 05:10 PM
CoF, you like Sevendust? Do you recognize anybody in this picture?

That's me in the white shirt on the right. The guy on the left (holding some crazy blue drink) is Sevendust's drummer, Morgan Rose. =)

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:19 PM
heheh ya should have made me geuss.. most people don't say do you recognize so and so then say who he is =D about the only famous people i've ever met were r4stl3rs :-D

roXet
April 3rd, 2003, 08:31 PM
I've got a pic of us with somebody else from that show. I'm not sure if it was another member of Sevendust or somebody from Stuck Mojo

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 08:33 PM
one too many crazy blue drinks eh?

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 09:04 PM
ya know i left out one of my favs don't know how i keep forgetting them. Type O Negative :d: and i been listening to a kickace band lately called GrimFaeries :D and i don't really know what to classify them as since in any given song they'll have a rock to industrial to electronica (lol "electronica" i'm not big on music terms i just know what i like) type sound. i also like that song by Electric Six - Danger, High Voltage... lol i haven't heard anything else by them but that song is cooliy0 in my bookiy0 :cool:

roXet
April 3rd, 2003, 09:22 PM
no, *I* didn't get to have any of the crazy blue drinks. I actually wasn't old enough in that picture, wow, that was a long time ago. =)

CoF,those two bands sound cool. What are some good songs by the GrimFaeries?

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 09:42 PM
Love is Hell and Too Sweet will allow you to hear what they are pretty much all about... they aren't gonna be for everyone who likes gothic type rock, but i be diggin em homie 8-)

CoF
April 3rd, 2003, 09:44 PM
they actually had a show here in jax the day after i got here but it was with Thrill Kill Cult and some others, so there was no way i could get tickets and i'm not about to go there in hopes of buying one from someone on the sidewalk for 3 or 4x what i woulda paid had i got em on time =D

Maximus
April 4th, 2003, 10:02 AM
oh yeah, Sinch and Vallejo...They rock...

Disorder
April 8th, 2003, 03:18 PM
i just picked up the soundtrack to Cradle of Fear, the "Cradle of Filth movie", and i must say it is pretty neat. its mostly breakbeat type stuff with some cradle of filth thrown in there and a whole lot of movie samples. badazz. the best thing about it is that, around here, noone listens to this stuff so it was only like 15 instead of 20. i dont like paying that much but i couldnt find it anywhere for free.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==