PDA

View Full Version : Anti - Anti - War protest

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 31st, 2003, 12:37 PM
not sure if any of you heard, but this weekend I was LMAO at Richard Condon for disrupting a LSU peace demonstration / war protest.

he's a DJ on 93.7, he had a bunch of people out there chanting "USA USA" and when the protesters would try to raise their voices, a bunch of the people with Condon would rev up their Harleys so nobody could hear them. needless to say, the peace people were gettin all pissed off. here's a little news on it from one of the local papers this morning:

No cap on Condon: Higher ups are standing by KOOJ Rock 93.7 DJ Richard Condon, who apparently disrupted an LSU peace rally Saturday. Rebecca Breeding, general manager of Citadel Communications, owner of KOOJ, said she intends to find out what really happened at Saturday's rally, where police were called in to keep Condon's followers from attacking a group of peaceniks. Condon asked his listeners last week to join him in protesting Saturday's peace rally, which included a walk from the LSU beach to the amphitheater. "I don't know anything," Breeding said. "I got in here this morning and I was blindsided." In 1996, Condon was fired from a Guaranty radio station known as "The Tiger" for referring to homosexuals as son-of-a-buggers who should be shot in the head. He was reported by The Advocate as having the same sentiment for Saturday's war protesters, apparently saying, "these son-of-a-buggers deserve a bullet in the head." Breeding claims Condon was misquoted in The Advocate's article. "Richard Condon did not say that," she says. Breeding wasn't aware that Condon had organized the demonstration. Read more about Condon and his past antics by clicking here. Meanwhile, Don Gosselin has resigned from Citadel as general operations manager for Baton Rouge to care for an elderly parent.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 31st, 2003, 01:01 PM
LMAO w00t

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 31st, 2003, 02:21 PM
Condon is the best...AND BRING BACK THE TIGER!!!!

-FA- ManiacalClown
March 31st, 2003, 07:58 PM
Um...freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==