PDA

View Full Version : Man I couldn't have said it any better myself!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 25th, 2003, 01:12 PM
"It has taken less than a week to reach Baghdad, where the Republican Guards will stand and fight, at least for a while. They will surround themselves with civilian hostages, fake surrenders and kill our men whenever and however they can. Now is the time and this is the place for "shock and awe." Let them sit there for a few days, under an unrelenting bombardment. There will be some civilians killed, but the blood of those civilians will be on Saddam's hands, not ours. I--for one--am unwilling to pay the butcher's bill that could result from much infantry and some armor assaulting the well-dug-in Republican Guard, manning positions they have had a decade to prepare. That sort of idiocy went out with the battles of Verdun, and the Marne, didn't it? We must make sure it did. With apologies to the Bard: cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of air war. For a few days, at least. And for heaven's sake, knock that damned TV station off the air."

-Jed Babbin, National Review Online

Rooster
March 25th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I think they may have a reason for the tv station, they can see what the Iraqi's see. Much like them watching CNN. IMHO I think that it may be a good move, it always possible that it may backfire and I know that some of the pix are not good (just watch the footage from the troops that were captured, it's all on Kazaa under POW). But I still think that it lets the commanders know what the state of mind of the Iraqi's is, also it will give them a baseline pic of our boys (and girl) that were captured and any future deviation from that.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==