PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: The Wind Waker

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Comes out tomorrow!! w00t!!! I've had mine preordered for awhile. I just checked my order info and it does not say that my package has shipped yet. Guess I would have been better off getting it from Wal-Mart tomorrow...

HOLY CRAP!! Today is the 24th!!! I neeeeeeed my game!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 24th, 2003, 10:12 AM
omg h4x!!! I WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, the dog might even starve! ahhh

K-BOMB
March 24th, 2003, 04:50 PM
WooHoo! Just picked up my copy...I'll post some first impressions later tonight.

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 05:12 PM
nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I curse thee GameStop!!!!

}{y|3ri|)
March 24th, 2003, 09:53 PM
i gotta buy a gamecube 0.o

K-BOMB
March 25th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Ok...didn't get to play much last night, pretty much just watched the intro. I got home from work tonight and turned on the Cube, next thing I know I had been playing for an hour - good sign so far!

The play control is similar to Ocarina of Time (why mess with a good thing), but refined and expanded, with some sweet new offensive and evasive attacks. Whether you like the new graphical look or not, there is no denying it is well done - best use of cel-shading ever. :d:

Hybrid, I heard that Circuit City is selling Cube's this week for $130, and you can get Metroid Prime or Resident Evil Zero for free. A new Cube, Metroid and Zelda for $180 is an incredible deal...

Omega_Prime
March 27th, 2003, 06:38 PM
i finished metroid the other day great game, now i await zelda which will be in my hands by 10pm tonite though i wont get to play it much tonite because my girl is picking it up for me doh:rolleyes:

roXet
March 27th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I played a bit of it tonight and I must say it rocks. I never dreamed teh graphics would look this good. It's like controlling a cartoon. And I really like how it's not really a medieval theme this time. More of a Polynesian islands kinda thing, it's cool =)

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 27th, 2003, 09:17 PM
I got it today.. That reminds me, I need to go stick it in the cube! doh

Omega_Prime
March 28th, 2003, 03:41 PM
i gots mine finally and i must say it feels just like zelda with a new look. man nothing like playing a new zelda or a new final fantasy game looks like ill be away from cs for another month lol.

ShadowFox
April 2nd, 2003, 12:09 AM
Zelda: Wind Waker so far has been a very good expirence, but now I am to the "near end, oh my god I have to find all these peices, is there a map part". But, so far I give it a 9.6/10

Shadow
April 2nd, 2003, 04:20 AM
its a 10/10
reminds me of the good old days on the nec.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 2nd, 2003, 06:20 AM
Is anyone else annoyed by the times when the screen text goes by s o s l o w ?

roXet
April 2nd, 2003, 07:49 AM
yeah, that annoys me too dirge. And when you find the dungeon map and the compas, it won't let you hit B to skip the description of the item. I'm almost to the end of the game, not to mention all the other zelda games I have played! I know what they do for me!

Ac3DH4quR
April 2nd, 2003, 08:05 AM
er, windwaker is okay... i guess.. its kinda weird.. i mean, the hit noise, like when you hit an enemy its liks bing BING BONG BINGBONG! and, i try to run from the enemys rather than attacking them =P lol just so it wont do that annoying hit sound, and i mean, the ocarina of time was to awesome, and that wind waker noise thing, wow, is that not the best sounding instrument or waht =P jp ;) but hey, no one will ever bet the first LInk... yes, i loved that game, and i DL'ed it, and play it SO MUCH! but i mean, i stil like WindWaker...

Omega_Prime
April 2nd, 2003, 10:43 AM
i do agree the first zelda game was freaking awesome, man so many hours did i spend on that game and after i beat it i was like wtf a second quest w00t. i got to the point were i could win the game, get everything on the game and never lose a life. doing all this in 3 hours or better.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==