PDA

View Full Version : quake world server

roXet
March 20th, 2003, 03:59 PM
anybody have any experice running an old quake 1 server? Now with everything people are doing with the quake source, some of my co-workers and I are feeling the urge to play some good ole Thuderwalker CTF. I might need to ask some questions. =)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 20th, 2003, 04:56 PM
OMG!!! Not another question asker.....Tech help is $2.99 a minute and there is a ussual 30 minute hold time due to call volume. Darren or Toby, you wanna give him your number??

Scott:laugh:

LA_MERC_Onji
March 20th, 2003, 07:59 PM
havent tried to run a QW server but i LOVE Quake1, let me know if you get it up and going

roXet
March 21st, 2003, 01:36 PM
onji, do you have q1 installed and ready to go? I'm probably gonna get my wife to zip up my quake dir and send it to me over icq when she gets home. I'll see if I can fire the server and get you to connnect to it.

roXet
March 21st, 2003, 03:35 PM
the Thunderwalker CTF Quake 1 server is now up!!!

the ip addresss is 12.14.248.42

You can get the *some* of the needed files at www.thuderwalker.net

It only has the twctf maps right now. but I'll be working on the server some while I have to work tomorrow.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2003, 03:39 PM
I wouldnt mind trying it but I don't have Quake. Which one should I get to be able to play??

Scott

roXet
March 21st, 2003, 03:46 PM
there are several projects that are working on the quake code since they opensourced it. The biggest one I know of is QuakeForge, but their website (www.quakeforge.net) has been down for awhile. You might be able to get the files from www.sourceforge.net

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==