PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a good guy here.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 18th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Travis Tritt on the war. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81413,00.html)

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Heck yeah!

Tracker
March 18th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Mercy thanks for sharing that. It makes me like Tritt that much more.I think the Chicks were wrong to say anything about this war.I hate that these singers think the know everything.I just wish Bush would make them go over and see how much they like it over there.I think for the most part these singers well all of these people need to wake up.Do they think for one min that Saddam is going to think about our well being.No he will shove a rocket up our hindends the frist chance he gets..Well that is just my two cents for the day..lol

[Cajun] BigEasy
March 18th, 2003, 02:02 PM
So let me ask this question impossible for one to be against the war and support the troops? Does support just mean condoning and approving the military action they are about to undertake?

Tracker
March 18th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I dont think,I just think we need to remember the past.This is not one of those things were we can just fogive and forget.I think we all has a big part in this war that is about to happen.I think we all should look at the ins and outs,and how it is going to mess with all of us, not just our minds, but our wallets also.i have seen gas go up 25 cents in the past month.I have also seen food and cloths go up in prices.I think we had better start to prepare for another depression. I hate that we have to go to war,but sometimes it is nessassery.Sorry for the rage it just pisses me off at how some people run our great nation into the ground.......

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 02:44 PM
By protesting against one thing, you are also protesting against those that are involved actively doing that thing. Can you be upset with abortionists without being upset with those doctors that perform them? I don't think so (my opinion).

The real problem, as I see it, is the lack of concern for human life exibited by Saddam (bin Laden, Jung etc). Saddam's people even said, "There will be no safe place for Americans". What the heck is that supposed to mean? You're going to come over here and kill innocent civilians without provocation or warning? Please note the last two points...without provocation or warning.

You could say that we are doing the same to them. I disagree. We've given them 12 years to comply to a resolution put forth by the UN Security Council. TWELVE YEARS! Come on! If that isn't provocation...I don't know what is. Also, The United States has begun dropping pamphlets to the military of Iraq, and the citizens, urging them to lay down their arms and walk away. Warning? Yeah...they're looking down the barrel of a loaded weapon...I think that's warning enough.

Don't mean to go all Dirge on you all...just expressing my opinions.

:P Dirge!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 18th, 2003, 03:15 PM
knew I liked tritt for a reason.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 03:38 PM
I disagree with the abortion analogy. The troops are there because they HAVE to be there. Drs do it because they WANT to.

Yes...you can support the troops and be against the war. Support can come in the form of flying our flag, praying for the troops or sending emails to those who are so far from home. I hope we learned something from Viet Nam.

Scott

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 18th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Who is Tritt? really. i have no idea, but i like his point of view.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 18th, 2003, 04:09 PM
country singer, sings songs like - "anymore" "drift off to dream" "10ft tall and bullet proof"

http://www.travis-tritt.com/

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 18th, 2003, 04:19 PM
lol

I think you can be against war, but once combat begins if you support the troops that means you hope they win the war, i.e. you hope none die. Therefore, it is impossible to support the troops and against the war once the hostilities begin. And Tracker if you would like some good economic news, look at the markets now that the standoff appears to be ending.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 05:11 PM
I guess I didn't explain very well (there's a surprise). What I meant was you can support the troops and be against Bush..not the war. That make a lil more sense?

Scott

SnAkEbItE
March 18th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Hey guy's rather than debate is it or isn't it. Let's just pray for the whole deal. Including Sadam that he will have a change of heart.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 18th, 2003, 05:31 PM
amen to that brother...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 05:40 PM
lol...start praying to St Michael. He's the patron saint of lost causes (as well as poice officers).

Scott

Tracker
March 18th, 2003, 06:57 PM
I will never pray for some like him may he rot in hell.....

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 18th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
as well as poice officers

Forget something BB?!? LOL

Should read police officers, huh?:laugh:

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 09:13 PM
awww shuddup...you knew what I meant....b00n

Scott:p

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 18th, 2003, 09:24 PM
:stick

lol bb

SnAkEbItE
March 18th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Tracker I understand your anger or even hatred of him but, you must understand right now he knows no other way and untill a person is shown true unconditional love they will never now a different way.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Unconditional love comes in many forms.......

9mm
40mm (M203)
120mm smooth bore (M1A2)
AMRAM
JDAM
MOAB
The list does on and on....

Share the love.

Scott

Rooster
March 18th, 2003, 11:36 PM
that's the kinda love I'd like to give him!!

LA_MERC_Spark
March 19th, 2003, 11:53 AM
true that!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 19th, 2003, 12:13 PM
true BB, that's the way i feel too....i mean shove a bullet up his you know what, but i also know that it is the wrong way to think. A much better solution would be what snakebite suggested. In that saddam leaves as required by Bush. I also know that it won't happen, but that is the best we (I) can hope for. As strong as we (USA) are, there is potential for large casualty numbers on both sides. Not many people are really aware of that. Most think that we will go in, take them out and that will be it. But there are alot of other things that can go wrong along the way. I hope not, but it is a possibility.
I know i am only a canadian, but i do have opinions on this matter..lol..even if our navy consists of a fishing boat with a large gun welded to the back!!

SnAkEbItE
March 19th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Yeah I too would love to hang him by his short haris and whip him blody but, the biggest part wishes for peace for the simple fact I don't belive that it will be contained to just there. I belive that there will be an massive attack here by terrorist.

Rooster
March 19th, 2003, 12:29 PM
I agree with both of you, casualties for us (once we hit Baghdad) and a Terrorist hit here, but I still think that it is worth it.
The biggest problem I see is that if they do get enuff Terrorist attacks here, especially in some Liberal districts (Hippy Territory) then the voices against our being there will grow louder and louder, causing larger splits in pros v cons.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM
lol rooster @ hippy territory!! Yes that urban warfare worries me, at least for our troops, i've never been part of any military of any kind but i can imagine what they will have to go through. That alone is enough for me to give them the respect and support that they deserve.

on the terror attacks here in the US, well they will probably go after large populated places again...wait a minute...i just moved to houston..ahhhhh..hax!!!!!

Tracker
March 19th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Well I can see doing that but what happens when you get the big knife in the back ??????????????????????????????

Swampdog
March 19th, 2003, 03:11 PM
...Wars and Rumors of wars.......Like Snake said ..times like this we need to pray and have faith in the good lord....that everything is going to be ok

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==