PDA

View Full Version : 48 hours

CrAzYbOnEs
March 17th, 2003, 06:11 PM
LOL!!! today was supposed to be the deadline i thought now we got two more days til i get to say bye to my brother in law. just do it already , im ready to pay 3$ for gas. everyone get ur wallets out ...... its time to pay !

wookie
March 17th, 2003, 07:32 PM
this isnt gonna be a war, its gonna be a delay fest.

SnAkEbItE
March 17th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Hey wookie you jut keep thinking that.

Rooster
March 17th, 2003, 11:32 PM
I say that March 23 will be the day. Any takers?
Right now the troops are at D-2 and holding, did this myself for the first one, held that spot for 4 days. Let me know what ya'll got.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Man,

I watched that speach on TV last night and was really impressed. Wookie, I agree with Snake on this...you just keep thinking that. From watching him talk, there is no way this is a delay game. It'll begin SOON.

LaTech

Omega_Prime
March 18th, 2003, 06:07 AM
yes but for once can we kill him and be done with it.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 18th, 2003, 06:11 AM
i am just ready for this to be over, we have waited too long already because of trying to deal with other countries. As a wise man once said "the dealin's done" now lets "get it on!!"

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 18th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Hey Crazy a little FYI... Since the news of the impending deadline broke yesterday the price of oil has fallen below $35 and continues to fall. And the stock market shot through the roof with a tangible end to the standoff in sight. In fact if you refer back to the First Gulf War, the price of oil plummeted after the war began. Another reason why oil won't sky-rocket as you might think- OPEC has pledged to increase production to compensate for any interruptions in production due to the war. And Wookie you be plain silly... This war will be measured in days, not weeks. Did you not hear the report of the Iraqi soldiers that came running across the desert waving white flags when they had thought the war started during a British artillery exercise? LOL

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 18th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Dirge, you act as if a stupid response from "Crazy"bones is not expected. In the long run, look what this could do for OPEC if Iraq is able to become a free trade community. 12 years of this is long enough! And I think Rooster, The Greatest Men on Earth will be moving across the LD on Sat or Sun, depending on the initial wave of air strikes and the Turkey agreement.

wookie
March 18th, 2003, 07:48 AM
ok.
i watched on the news last night that the reports from the war will be uncensored, so whatever happens, happens.
oh boy, blood, guts, and retreating french-men galore.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 08:04 AM
You have to participate in order to retreat so I wouldn't hold my breath for a French retreat. Dirge, Id like to a the report on the artillery exercise...where you hear about that?

Remember Desert Storm and how Saddam said it would be the "Mother of all Battles".....the ground war lasted 10 ten days. When you bomb the hell out of troops they get demoralized. Throw in no food or water because the supply lines where cut and you get droves of troops surendering to CNN camera crews. We took tens of thousands of POWs in those ten days.

This time we are so confident that we are telling Saddam what we are going to do and basicly when we are going to do this. This level of confidence/arrogance is both amusing and unsettling. The ground war should go quick until we get to Bagdad. From there I really dont know. Urban warfare is an entirely diffrent animal from open desert fighting. What will take a L O N G time is the stabilization and insertion of a new government...The outcome is predetermined, how long is the question.

Scott

SnAkEbItE
March 18th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Well here's the thing we all need to get ready for, BB nailed it. This one is going to be urban war fair and the chance are we will lose alot more young men. That sadden's me, but this is something we have got to do.

To answer Rooster I belive that it will be by the end of this week or by the weeknd. Which will be the 22nd or 23rd.

Most importantly is that we need to be in prayer for our president, the troops and the people of Iraq that have no choice in what is going on and actully want him out of power they may be few but they are there and they all need our prayers.

[Cajun] BigEasy
March 18th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Well the hour is upon us. In the ever-changing rhetoric of this war, our president delivered the ultimatum that will surely not be heeded. I can only hope that we remain humble in our power and use it justly.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Amen BigEasy. Everyone needs to pray for all of those involved.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 18th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Hey y'all remember Bush 41's ultimatum? Everyone then was like "oh it won't happen then." While GW said the time will be of our choosing, you can rest assured that once the deadline passes, an attack IS coming quickly.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 18th, 2003, 09:27 AM
i think the canadian armed forces have already begun military action

http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4521&highlight=canada

Cypher
March 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I think we should start a pool -- what day will we strike? $5 entry. What do you guys think? Jay, can you set up a calendar pool thing for signups? :)

Rooster
March 18th, 2003, 11:52 AM
I agree Cypher, everyone pick a day (pick a time too if you want, go EST) I think it will be 3/23 3p EST. That's my guess.

[Cajun] BigEasy
March 18th, 2003, 11:56 AM
while we're at it, why not try and guess the death count too?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Really....lil too morbid guys. Now if you wanna do a regular death pool thats fine.

You ussualy start it in January but whatever. You pick ten celebrities who you think will croak in the calendar year. When someone on your list dies you get one point for each year under 100.

ex: Jowe Blows dies at age 75...you get 25 points.

The trick is to pick ones that will die young. To really be good at this you have to do alot of research into stars and thier illnesses.

You tally your points at the end of the year and whoever has the most points wins.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 12:12 PM
lol about the celebs. Not so cool about the War one though...bad form.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 18th, 2003, 12:15 PM
me thinks 3/21 @ 8 p.m est

Rooster
March 18th, 2003, 12:21 PM
No....we don't want to estimate any deaths Big Easy. I was just trying to get people to estimate the day and possibly the time of the assault, see who's closest.

[Cajun] BigEasy
March 18th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I was being sarcastic.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I figured you were BigEasy. ;-)

CrAzYbOnEs
March 18th, 2003, 05:57 PM
ummm first off my post had nothing to do with oil...... its was about the 1.75 $ GAS prices not oil prices......... and i hope disel was being sacastic when he said "Dirge, you act as if a stupid response from "Crazy"bones is not expected" i didnt find that to funny. sorta mad me mad.. but oh well noones cares what i think anyway right since im the only democrat in this place.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 18th, 2003, 06:05 PM
my boy, where do you think we get gas from? oil is refined into the different grades of gas...so if you talk about gas, your also talking about oil...

CrAzYbOnEs
March 18th, 2003, 06:07 PM
well still the gas has yet to go down in florida instead it has gone up so i dont know what dirge was talkin about we used to pay $1.10 for gas now its $1.75 , so....

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 18th, 2003, 06:11 PM
LOL Crazy, the price of oil IS the measure of the price of gas. The only reason it doesn't move identically with oil is the fact tha trefineries have to re-tool and change production types depending on the upcoming season (i.e. in the fall they begin to produce more heating oil for the northeast and less gasoline overall since the travel season is coming to an end.) If you do a little research on this you will see it. The reason why it hasn't gone down at your local pumps yet is because of the lead time in the price change. You are currently paying for gasoline that was refined from oil bought anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months ago. Hence it takes that long to see how when the price of oil goes down the price of gas goes down. And as far as Diesel, yes he was being facetious.

:D

CrAzYbOnEs
March 18th, 2003, 06:16 PM
but still my post had to do about gas prices , and its true that gas prices go up during a war, right?? if im wrong correct me but im pretty sure on this one. so therefore the prices will not go down , but up. :d: :owned

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 18th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Ok, I'll correct you. They went DOWN durring the Gulf war by as much as $.20 a gallon. $1.75??? It's around $2.20 here. Sometimes you can find it for $1.15 but ya gotta look for it. We get a portion of our oil from OPEC nations. Alot of it comes from So America. War actualy benefits the economy. Notice the stock market has gone up almost 700 points in the last 5 days? That's almost 9% of the total DOW average. It should level off because it can't sustain that kind of growth at that pace but it SHOULDN'T loose much ground if any.

Scott

CrAzYbOnEs
March 19th, 2003, 04:23 AM
this is how i think it works , when we first go to war its gonna shoot up to 3$ a gallon , then maybe after awhile its gonna go down to 2.50$ i doubt lower . i know this because my neighbor told me and hes like 50 something. its all about what they want u to pay. also about stock market , i dont watch it alot but my dad does, but i doubt the prices are gonna keep going up when we go to war. alot of people are going to be afraid to spend their money , right?

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Unfortunately, the stock market isn't based upon logic...it's based upon feelings. As you can see, as BB pointed out, the last couple days have seen increases (up to 3.6 and 3.9% each day!!) in the stock market because there is a lack on uncertainty. If we do well in the war, the stock market will go up. If we capture bin Laden, the stock market will go up. If we are shown pictures of Saddam's hear on a pike...the market will go up. On the other hand, if we don't do so well...it'll go down. IF there is a tragic accident...it'll go down. It's all based on those people that buy and seel the stuff's feelings (for the most part).

Oil prices are on the decline in the Stock MArket. As Dirge has said, it will take some time for these prices to manifest themselves at the pump, but they will.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 19th, 2003, 06:25 AM
omg Crazy, you know that minds are lkike parachutes right? They only work when they're open. DOn't believe suppositions made from your own limited knowledge, rather look at historical data and tested economic models. Then you will see we are not making up what we have been telling you. Sheesh man, you ask a question then blow off the answer.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 19th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by CrAzYbOnEs
this is how i think it works , when we first go to war its gonna shoot up to 3$ a gallon , then maybe after awhile its gonna go down to 2.50$ i doubt lower . i know this because my neighbor told me and hes like 50 something.

I'm not picking on you....really. BUT........

OMG!!! That is the quote of the day...LMAO!!
Age may equate to life experience but it doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence. Like Dirge said, do the research and make your own decisions.

Scott

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 19th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Such a pity to see a young mind go to mush!!
LMFAO

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Interesting quote...especially the last part:

France's ambassador in Washington, Jean-David Levitte, appeared to offer an olive branch to the United States on Tuesday when he told CNN that France could help the U.S.-led military coalition if Baghdad used biological or chemical arms.

But French diplomats in Paris made clear this was not a change in France's refusal to join the war. "It is obvious we wouldn't sit back and not help if there was a chemical attack. But what we are talking about is medical assistance," one said.

"Thanks, but no thanks, France," the conservative Washington Times wrote. "This may be the French concept of glory. But there are other, unmentionable words for it in English."

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 19th, 2003, 10:28 AM
yeah...it's described as having four legs, fur, a rough tongue, a tail and goes meow. No it's not bighead, but close.:D

Scott

SnAkEbItE
March 19th, 2003, 11:07 AM
He He He now that's what I am saying..
I personaly think that when this is all over said and done we should pull all out bases and people out of Germany, France (including those burried there), Turky and let them then see just how bad they have bit the hand that fed them.

CrAzYbOnEs
March 19th, 2003, 11:07 AM
first off i never this off as a question. it was a statement not a question one that was supposed to be for fun , but then again like always it goes into something more with u people , whatever im done with this crap. u take everything i say and flip it around to make me look dumber. so what im not in my 40s and dont know every little detail. ill no longer post on this topic.

MRBIG85
March 19th, 2003, 11:31 AM
ohhh man. crazy you are smart for that move.

[Cajun] BigEasy
March 19th, 2003, 11:45 AM
See not everyone thinks you're dumb.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 19th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Problem is you are in the "on topic" forum. This is for serious discussions. Use cyber cafe to joke around...thats what it's there for. I rarely come in thsi forum for that reason. Most of the time I'm way over my on political stuff.

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 19th, 2003, 11:51 AM
And no one is trying to make you look dumb, we are trying to educate you.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM
I agree with BB here. It's unfortunate that you feel the way you do.I mean, part of participating in forums is having your opinons criticised or critiqued if you are gutsy enough to post them. If you post something, and someone disagrees, and is able to back up what they say...perhaps they are onto something. Perhaps not...

All I can say, Crazy, is that I didn't mean for any of my posts to anger or upset you, and if they did, I am sorry.

CrAzYbOnEs
March 19th, 2003, 01:44 PM
well i did say i was not gonna post again on this topic but .... what does this mean then?
For serious discussions only. Please be polite and respectful of others points of view.
la tech just said "I mean, part of participating in forums is having your opinons criticised or critiqued if you are gutsy enough to post them. " but when the critism goes past that and insults someones inteliigence . post from dirge ealier "omg Crazy, you know that minds are lkike parachutes right? They only work when they're open. DOn't believe suppositions made from your own limited knowledge, rather look at historical data and tested economic models. " i mean thats offensive to me, stuff like that insults people more than help them out. thats what i think it says.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
but when the critism goes past that and insults someones inteliigence
I agree with what you are saying, Crazy. Afterall, the rules of the forum DO state: Be polite and respectful of others points of view.

People need to be given the right to say whatever they want, within reason...but, where does that end? I mean, to me, thats one of the things that is so wrong with America now. All this Political Correctness crap really upsets me. Anyway, I digress...

What I mean from
part of participating in forums is having your opinons criticised or critiqued if you are gutsy enough to post them is simply that if you make a post in ANY forum (newspaper, online, note to your friend), SOMEONE is going to have a contrarian view to the views that you expressed. It is up to THAT person, however, to express those views in a way that is not degrading to the origional person. Does this make more sense?

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm trying to rattle you enough to say "Hey maybe I need to take a better approach to this." I did this because as I implied, you seem to ignore one point of view far, far too easily. And you are proving my point right there. Maybe by the time you read this you will realize that "whoa okay" and stop to take a look back at your own point of view. I do it all the time just to keep me in check and to reaffirm my decisions and opinions as the correct ones. No offense meant to you crazy. I've been being extremely nice and helpful. I could get really mean, but I'd rather not.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 19th, 2003, 02:05 PM
lol...down Dirgy down...BAD MERC BAD!! Have a beer flavored milkbone on me.

Let's all relax here. Name calling is beneath this or ANY discussion here. Let's debate not playa hate....lol, I crack myself up sometimes w00t!!

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Bush is going to make an announcement at 10:15 EST TONIGHT!

SnAkEbItE
March 19th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah he gave them a wake up call to let them know we ment business.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 19th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Man...serious stuff. Cruise missiles and Bunker Busters falling on Baghdad...gonna be interesting the next couple of days.

Rooster
March 20th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Well the 1st Exped Force just went across the line today so I guess I was wrong about the attack date. AAAHHHHH CRAP!!

wookie
March 20th, 2003, 09:51 PM
theme song to the war "bombs over baghdad" by Outkast(remix version)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==