PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chicks V Jane Fonda

Rooster
March 16th, 2003, 10:35 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/14/dixie.chicks.apology/index.html

Who do they think they are? The next Fonda?

SnAkEbItE
March 16th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Yeah well the back lash has been so bad that radio station's are banning there songs. A local station here banned them and had a thing yesterday where people could bring their stuff to a local tractor dealor and they put it all in a big pile and a huge tractor ran over and over it again. So they may have bit the hand that feeds them.

Cypher
March 16th, 2003, 04:50 PM
I'll never understand country music fans or musicians...

wookie
March 16th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Punk rock & Heavy Metal. w00t.

Cypher
March 16th, 2003, 08:56 PM
yea with the exception of the wannabe-rock-stars that dont have the music and therefore have to resort to body paint, costumes, etc (ala wookie's sig), those guys do seem to have better heads on their shoulders than most country musicians/fans as far as i'm concerned.

K-BOMB
March 16th, 2003, 09:39 PM
I'm ashamed the Chixie ****s are from Texas :(

I just got back from the closing night of the Houston Rodeo (largest rodeo in the world - 3 weeks long, with a big concert every night). Anyway, George Bush Sr, who now lives in Houston, was part of the ceremonies and got a HUGE standing ovation...and the announcer summed it up best when he said, "Mr. President, we are PROUD you're from Texas!" The crowd went absolutely nuts - it was great...

Lee Greenwood sang "Proud To Be An American" to open the show, and Alabama led the entire crowd in the singing of "America the Beautiful" during the middle of their set.

While I'm not really a country music fan, the above events really pumped me up and we had a great time.

God Bless The USA...

LA_MERC_Spark
March 17th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Dixie Chicks....bah! Yet another in the long list of "entertainers" cordially invited to shut their holes!!

Omega_Prime
March 17th, 2003, 02:35 AM
sorry but i will listen to their music even though they done this, they have a right to say what they want to say and belive what they want to belive and live the way they want to live. im sure some of you listen and watch certain actors i beat most did not know that tom hanks does not belive in god or religon of any kind but would that make you stop watching him on the screen? no i know it wouldnt for me, man i could go on and on about this and its really a stupid thing on both fans and them, i agree what they said was wrong but all in all will you or me really lose sleep over it? i know i wont and i will still listen to thier music nuff said!:eek: o and what about all the peps who talked about clinton is bush really all that better now that you think about it? i mean they are all involoved in politics and that is something i hate about this world we live in.

wookie
March 17th, 2003, 05:51 AM
yes, they do have better heads on the their shoulders.

as far as this "Entertainment Bizness vs The War", i just wish theyd shut their mouths, let the troops handle it.

hey, if u really want to win the war, make Saddam watch every Barbara Streisand movie back to back for 2 weeks straight, that'll make him go into a mental degradation and we can just lock him away with the rest of the worlds nut-cases.

K-BOMB
March 17th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Omega_Prime
and what about all the peps who talked about clinton is bush really all that better now that you think about it?

Absolutley...Clinton was an embarassment and a disgrace, IMHO.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 17th, 2003, 06:28 AM
ummm Omega, anyone in government is involved ion politics, ti's the degree to which you fail your own personal values that determines your level of worht and respect. As far as the Dixie Chicks, I think it's a shame that they feel the need to espouse their uneducated views upon a public they feel the right to inform as to what to do. Sad indeed. That being said, I do not think it detracts from their music. As long as they do not convey similar stupidity to their music, I'll still listen to them. Now if their next album contains nothing but brainwashed liberal Hollywood propoganda, then... boot that!

Omega_Prime
March 17th, 2003, 02:13 PM
yes yes i agree.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==