PDA

View Full Version : question on agp frequency?

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 06:26 AM
okay what mhz should my 8x agp slot run at? currently it is set to 67mhz. Is this the correct setting or should it be changed?

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 06:27 AM
oh yeah, it is a Gainward Geforce4 Ti-4800 8xAGP card with 128mb of ram...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 11th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Don't tell him...I think it's izzo again.:D

Scott

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 07:18 AM
oh hush...he has been buggin me on icq and aim..but not any more...blocked him...which i could do to you to Scott...now hush up:slp

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 11th, 2003, 02:54 PM
AGP runs at 66MHz, so 67 would be normal in a board tuned with tight timings...mines running at 67...

[lag]DikDstrdly
March 13th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Although 66mhz is the standard timing on the AGP slot, your particular card has been stable at frequencies up to 90mhz. The increase in frequency allows a higher data transmission rate thru the AGP bus, which in turn allows for higher performance. Even with stock cooling you should be fine to run it up to about 75-80mhz. Although, if I recall correctly, your motherboard allows you the ability to lock the PCI/AGP bus down at 33/66 mhz, which adds stability when overclocking the FSB. In older mobos, a big limitation on overclocking came about when the PCI/AGP bus (which was "attached" to the FSB) reached a point at which your other peripherals (network card, sound card, hard drive, etc.) were so far out of spec that the errors generated created major system instability. Most of the newer generation of mobos, allow you to "lock" the PCI/AGP bus at spec (33/66) for expressly that reason.

Dik

Disclaimer: This is purely informational in context and is not meant to be an overclocking guide of any fashion. I am not responsible if you harm your hardware by following any of the above information.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM
lol...smart man. Added a disclaimer at the end.

Scott

;d

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM
lol i know dik and thanks for the information...i just wanted to make sure that it was running at the right frequency due to some troubles i have had...but everything is getting nice and burned in now and running really good...though i still cant get it to run either 3dmark2001se or 2003...just locks it up about halfway though...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==