PDA

View Full Version : h8 g/fs

miller
February 28th, 2003, 02:02 PM
I just recently broke up with a girl that i have been dating for 5 years and 3 months.. things seemed to be going fine until recently when i took up a habbit of smoking substances. I was in love with this girl and have been extremely good to her besides the fact that at one point while we were broken up for about 2 months, i did sleep with another girl. Ive been very depressed the last couple of days and would love to know what everyone else would do in my place

ps..
Its not a good habbit nor is it legal but its my choice and as long as it doesnt effect her i dont see the hurt in it.(I even promised to do it no more than 2 times a month ever other weekend.) Drinking is not any different from smoking due to the fact that it is no less addictive nor does it mess you up any worse.(Her argument is its not legal.. yet she drinks and is not 21... correct me if im wrong but is this also not illegal??) The only true difference is the legality.. but look at the 1920s prohibition.. how much did it really help? The government allowed it to be legal due to its only semi harmful nature, making it legal allows them to control it better, and because it has been a part of So many societies for so long that it is seen as acceptable. The same reason Amsterdam allows people to smoke Concentrated THC Barbituates to this day; people have smoked it there for hundreds of years.

I believe that drinking is worse in many ways in fact. when im drunk i can not drive a vehicle, hold intelligent conversation or interact with people in an intelligent way. When im high i can drive, play cs(with incredible skill) and hold conversation just fine for short periods of time. I seem to be no less creative when high, and much more aware of things around myself actually. When listening to music i hear things that i wouldnt usually focus on while sober, when playing cs i tend to only attack someone that i know i can kill, and when driving i actually drive the speed limit and give signals etc religiously.

This is my opinion, there is no need to rip it, you may post your opinion here as well but dont get personal please.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 28th, 2003, 02:41 PM
I'm not a cop, and I'm not sure of all the legalities, but I don't think you go to jail for drinking underage. I think it's more of a slap on the wrist and a call to your parents (more trouble for those you are with if they are over 21)

but if caught with illegal narcatics, you can be put in jail, have it go on your record (which will effect you one day when trying to get a job in the corporate world) and instead of seeing you on C.O.P.S. server, we may see you on C.O.P.S. the show.

if you have been with her for over 5 years, she maybe looking for more serious commitment. in her eyes, she sees you spending your money on a selfish need (unless you were sharing with her) instead of her. and the fact that you could be caught, put in jail, fined etc. may be more than she wants to deal with both between you and between her and her family (alot of families look down on boyfriends who get put in jail and put their daughter in a situation like that)

It's probably just a direction she doesn't want to go in. it's a direction, and your choice. I'm not going to say if it's right or wrong, just you have to deal with the consequences of your choices. every choice comes with consequences, it's just that this choice you've made means you loose the girl you've invested over 5 years with. it's up to you to weigh what's most important to you in your life, and what you can live without.

wish you luck with it.

miller
February 28th, 2003, 03:11 PM
She has smoked as recently as a month ago and drinks like a fish every weekend... the part about commitment is not legitimate tho it would be a good point if she did not drink. The other thing that i didnt mention.. i live in tennessee where if you have 4 grams or less of it on you they cant do anything but cuff you, run a criminal record on you and take it from you on the first offense. And i dont hang out with dealers, buy more than 1/8th (3.5 - 4 grams) at a time or keep it in the car with me and i have never been caught or been close to being caught. So i am not afraid.

SnAkEbItE
February 28th, 2003, 04:48 PM
I could go into a leangthy speal about this but here it is in a nut shell.

There is nothing that you do that does not harm other people if they care about you. If you chose to do drugs or to do excessive drinking then you are harming your self and the people around you that care about you watch your destroy yourself. That affects and hurts them, I will say this if your girlfriend is doing these action's as well then she probably can't "see the forest for the trees" in her own life but does in yours.
My advise is to stop the drugs and chill on the drinking I have nothing against a glass of wine or a good beer every now and then but several glass's or a 12 pack is not healthy period.

Miller if you would like more information on just how this can destroy your and your family's life I would love to talk to you in private as not to air out problems in public.

you can reach me at: [email protected]

wookie
March 1st, 2003, 04:15 PM
4get about her. move on, no use to grovel in the past, just look ahead, and drop the smokes. it aitn gunan help ya, just gonna make ya a burnout. and dont drive near me when ur high, cuase i dont trust sober people in the roads these days.

just let her go man.
i know what its like to stay on the same girl long after she left me, it doesnt help and it keeps you from meeting better women.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2003, 04:21 PM
And no flame intended here, just an observation...

Folks alway talk about their great skillz when high - how they can still drive, play CS, ect...Spend some time around stoned potheads while sober and you'll realize that what they are realizing is great skill and precision is often silly and uncoordinated. It is an intoxicating substance that should be controlled as it is. People have been trying to get pot legalized for over 40 years and it hasn't happend yet and never will I don't think.

I do believe that if the government thought it was as safe as alchohol that it would be leagal, and they would be taxing the hell out of it. I know they'd make a killing, so there must be SOME reason why they aren't. I do however support prescribing it to cancer and AIDS patients to ease thier pain. But only from lab grown, controlled plants that are completely safe. These people are dying anyway, so I think anything should be done that can be done to make thier last days more comfortable.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
March 1st, 2003, 07:32 PM
Just for your information, you can be arrest for dwi while being high on marijuana or any other drug. They leave traces of themselves in your system and if they can prove you are impared and have drugs in your system then you get the dwi. I have heard many people say that they can drive better while drunk or high. I have also seen some of these people pulled out of vehicles after they wreck them. Marijuana will slow your reaction time. My suggestion is to not do any drugs and if you are going to drink, don't drive. If you feel you must do the drugs, don't drive. As far as the girlfriend, it could be as simple as her not wanting to be around people that do drugs.

miller
March 2nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
For Mad...
A. Read what i wrote (she does weed too)
B. The only time i have ever driven while BLAZED was in the middle of the night in a Walmart parkinglot full of NOTHING. If im just kinda high not mentally impared, just buzzed i can and will drive just fine.
C. I can own 99% of the peps on your server sober and i demo when im blazed.. the demos are stunning while watching sober... if you would like some ill send them :)

miller
March 2nd, 2003, 04:49 PM
Not to bring it out in the open snake, but i smoke once every 2 weeks no more. Its just like getting drunk in so many ways. I hold no grudges agains people who drink to get a buzz every once in a while, and the same goes for this specific substance. I have seen what it can do to famlies and friends and know when too often is too much. Im not struggling in life right now and would not call it a habbit. Its something to ease my nerves every 2-3 weeks and nothing more.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 2nd, 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by miller
C. I can own 99% of the peps on your server sober

you say your on crack or weed?

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
March 2nd, 2003, 07:58 PM
Well I not going to try and preach to you about all of this. But I will tell you this, sooner or later you will most likly get caught with the stuff, have a accident because of it, or get in trouble because of something you do while you are "blazed" as you say. Using drugs to ease your nerves as you say is not the answer, nor is drinking. Now I am not saying that having a drink or two every now and then is wrong, but drinking till you can not see straight everytime you take a drink is. I have one of the most stressful jobs of all and I ease my nerves just fine without getting high or drunk. Have I got drunk before due to stress, yes I have. But haveing a bullet come whizzing by your head just might cause you to do that for a night. Not saying I am perfect in any means, but there are other ways to ease your nerves other than the way you choose.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 2nd, 2003, 08:33 PM
Amen RP! Well Said!

SnAkEbItE
March 3rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
I agree with RP on this one. I spent much of my younger day's in a bottle or rolling a phat one searching for something that would ease my "pain". They would allow me to forget about my worries for the moment but when I sobered back up they were there waiting for me, because I had not delt with them.
As for recational use of alchol I have no problem with a person haveing a drink ocasionaly problem is if they go from a beer or a glass of wine to getting smashed there is the problem. Not just from my Christian believs, but from a health isssue as well. My suggestion is this deal with you "pain" or the reason whay you are looking to "escape" and you will not have the need to drink or to get stoned but, rather you can enjoy a beer with a buddy or a glass with dinner.

You say you only do it twice a week well let me share something with you soon it will be every day and then several times a day then you will go looking for something more to stimulate you. Now does everyone go onto harder drugs and is pot a gateway drug? No not really some people just have a more additive personality and they tend to go over board in what ever area they indulge in. Be it over eating, working out, or even dare I say playing games on your computer.
My advise is this if you run a risk of being a additive personality then why open yourself up to something like that. I'm not saying you are a additive personality Miller just look at yourself reall close and be honest with yourself and see if you are just looking for something to "escape" into.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
March 3rd, 2003, 02:21 PM
Do you even understand what drinking and smokn up does to your body?
Yes you do not feel it now, but continue to do it, I guarantee you will either end up in the hospital, in jail or dead.
You may think you can do things just fine when you're high, but you don't even realize that your coordination is not the same.
Just recently in my neck of the woods, some moron plowed down 2 women and 2 baby strollers because he was high, he probably thought he could operate the vehichle, but evidently not. He basically destroyed 2 families.
You're best bet is to move on and not continue to use controlled substances. Life is too short to waste on a few moments of eurphoria.

MadOne
March 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM
w00t good job RP...I have to agree with you 10000% on that one.

Reign
March 3rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
oh yeah another thing, i just hope you realize you are talking about all the drugs you have done or do in a forum that most of the people are either in the military or in the police dept. in some way of another, you might want to reconsider starting threads like this, when a good 99% of the people you claim you can beat at cs can ruin your life, and 99% of us don't do drugs and can't stand having people brag about the things they do

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
LMAO :owned

Miller I'm sorry that ou are in the situation you are in, but you are makung ALL the WRONG choices on this one. Pay attention to the mood being created by the responses from your posts and go from there. God bless you my friend, I hope you realize soon that it isn't anything more than a feel better type thing.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2003, 09:19 PM
And I see you're with US Cellular...Are you sure they don't do random drug screenings? Sometimes you don't know when employers do it, and all of a sudden one day they say, go pee in this cup. Whaddaya gonna do then? Then if you get fired for drug use, do you know how hard it will be to find a job with drugs in your system? Or how hard it will be to stop smoking dope long enough to pass a drug test? These are all things you need to think about. Getting fired from a job at your age for drug use could be devistating for the rest of your career.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
March 3rd, 2003, 10:37 PM
Traces of Marijuana will stay in your system for 30 days. So if you stop smoking today, it will be 30 days before you can pass a drug test. Good jobs are sometimes hard to find. Don't loose yours to this. It is not worth it.

heavy_arms2k3
March 4th, 2003, 08:29 AM
:cheers
to life and LA MERCS

heavy_arms2k3
March 4th, 2003, 08:30 AM
:ak47: :tank:

heavy_arms2k3
March 4th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Smilies rule
:m4: :mg*****:

heavy_arms2k3
March 4th, 2003, 08:34 AM
:m4: :mg*****:
Dont do drugs, it is bad!

heavy_arms2k3
March 4th, 2003, 08:35 AM
whty doesnt mg w h o r e work?
:mad:

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 4th, 2003, 09:13 AM
its a banned word on the forums...didnt know we had a smiley with it...

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 4th, 2003, 09:15 AM
should work fine now...:mg

heavy_arms2k3
March 7th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Still Doesnt work
:awp: :camper:

miller
March 7th, 2003, 12:38 PM
gg guys hump the police :p. I R QUIT POT, ENUF SAID. Im not one to totally disregard the advice of peers (or my little sister). Both say "quit".. its best for meh and i still have corona when i need a buzz.. thanx all. :doh

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==