PDA

View Full Version : I bought an XBox!!

Cypher
January 27th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Tyler and a couple other guys and I were talking today about setting up an XBox lan soon... playing some mad Halo multiplayer on networked XBoxes (so everybody gets their own tv; no split-screen). Of course I didn't own an XBox so I was gonna have to go split-screen on somebody's. Tyler says "lol just go buy one." So we did... we raided a nearby game store and I walked away with an XBox, 2 of the new S controllers, 2 Sega games (free with the system), and of course -- Halo.

w00t!

Then I went over to Tyler's, we dragged his 2nd tv into his den, and had mad fun for hours! What a blast.

Cypher
January 27th, 2003, 09:57 PM
I'm about to start looking around for myself... but do any of you know if anybody has hacked the XBox yet? I mean, are any games, etc downloadable?

Or has anyone made any games or other programs that can be downloaded, burned to CD-R, and run on the XBox?

BigOne
January 27th, 2003, 10:44 PM
i got an xbox bout 2 or 3 weeks ago and i bought halo too it's sweet i love that game me and a buddy are gonna lan too well atleast try to lan w00t best game i've seen for the xbox cant wait for halo 2

Omega_Prime
January 28th, 2003, 06:21 AM
blah on x-box all it is, is a mini pc, if you want to play and enjoy real console games get yourself a ps2 and a gamecube, currently i be playing metroid prime on cube i must say it is one of the best damn games i have ever played, also just got through with suikoden III on ps2 also one of the best rgps i have ever played.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 28th, 2003, 07:35 AM
woohoo, glad you like Metroid, omega! That game is simply indescribable!

IamTylerDurden
January 28th, 2003, 03:37 PM
HEY OMEGA, GRANTED YOU CANT READ>> THIS IS THE XBOX FORUMS.. YOU AINT GOT NOTHING GOOD TO SAY>>> STAY OUT!

SO THERE!

Cypher
January 28th, 2003, 04:00 PM
uhh... not to split hairs or anything, but... ALL consoles are mini computers. It just happens that some of the xbox components are "standard" computer components (or modified standard components) instead of proprietary.

Dont knock the xbox just cause you like one or two games that are not available for it... Every system has at least a few exclusive games that rock; that doesnt mean the whole system rocks. Judge a system by its specs, not just one or two of its exclusive games... and the xbox specs beat the living dookie out of all the other system specs. 'Nuff said.

:)

Cypher
January 28th, 2003, 04:02 PM
but really, i agree with you to some extent... for a long time i said i'd never buy an xbox or ps2 or (God forbid) game cube because they were too expensive and they couldnt be upgraded every year like a pc can. But consoles DO have their strong points, so I made an exception :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 28th, 2003, 04:29 PM
omg you made an "exception" to network play halo?

LMAO

Here we go again. Hey redrum, fyi, those specs you refer to and in the eye of the beholder. Look who produces them. They're not as dookie beating as you might think. But if you want some history, you can look in the forums for a qualified breakdown of the specs.

And Tyler, if you keep yelling at everyone, your non-playing on the server booty will start losing posts fast! lol

weeee Everyone is so defensive of their console. lol

Disorder
January 28th, 2003, 04:41 PM
i know they booted linux on the xbox

Cypher
January 28th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
omg you made an "exception" to network play halo?

lol... no... not JUST for halo...

K-BOMB
January 28th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Redrum
Every system has at least a few exclusive games that rock; that doesnt mean the whole system rocks. Judge a system by its specs, not just one or two of its exclusive games...

You've got to be kidding me. You buy a system for the GAMES. What good are specs if you don't like the games? I'm not saying the XBox doesn't have any good games, but I could care less about the graphics - give me gameplay. Anybody that buys a console for the MHz, the pixels, or the polygons is a fool.

Originally posted by LA_MERC_Redrum
i said i'd never buy an xbox or ps2 or (God forbid) game cube because they were too expensive and they couldnt be upgraded every year like a pc can

Uhh... not to split hairs or anything, but isn't upgrading your PC every year a helluva lot more expensive than buying a new console every 4 to 5 years?

Oh yeah, and Metroid rocks...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==