PDA

View Full Version : 2000+ System - going to laptop

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 15th, 2003, 09:55 AM
OK, I've finally decided I want a laptop - makes for easier lan parties, and I can surf the web and play CS while watching TV in my recliner...lol, so here's what I've got, I'm giving you all the chance before it hits eBay:

AMD 2000+ Boxed
Gigabyte GA7VTXE+ Motherboard w/ VIA KT266A Chipset
ATI Radeon 8500 128MB Vid Card
Creative Audigy Gamer Sound Card
Maxtor Diamond MAx Plus 30 gig 7200 RPM Primary Hard Drive
Western Digital WD600 60 Gig 5400 RPM Slave HDD
1GB Kingston PC 2100 RAM (1X512; 2X 256) 3 GB MAX
A-Open 40x12x48 CD-RW Drive
Lite-On 16X DVD ROM Drive
Iomega Zip 100 Internal Zip Drive
Realtek 8139 NIC
Port replecator thingy in the top front drive bay
I built this in a MicronPC Case for all the cooling possibilites, it has 2 90mm Case fans blowing out the back, one internal, over the general CPU area, and place for another (not installed) over the PCI slots - and I also have a slot fan in the back.
There is a Promise100 ATA 100 PCI Controller card installed that has the CD-RW drive attached to it, 'cause I ran out of IDE's by the time I got to the CD-RW, and the CD-RW is the only drive that doesn't have rounded cables...all the rest do.

I'll also send along the Windows XP home license so you will be legal, and I'll format it and load up all the latest drivers for you before I send it off...

I built this thing for gaming and doing Digital Audio and I don't think it has ever hickuped once. I'm a PC tech, and I do good work, you can ask all the SC guys on here.

I think $650 is a fair price, and shipping depending on where you are...

Lemme know if you're interested...

Later guys....
j.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 10:38 AM
MAx...

Hold onto it...I am interested, but it'll take me some time. How long are you willing to hold it?

LaTech

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 15th, 2003, 11:07 AM
At least 10 days I know, because I also sold one of my Guitars to a Gibson collector in Japan and I'm waiting on a money order to cross the pacific, and I can't do anything until I get that too...

So just lemme know, if you are def. interested, I'll hold it longer if you need more time.

jayson

MadOne
January 15th, 2003, 12:52 PM
and if he doesnt get it then let me know and i will..

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 15th, 2003, 12:59 PM
I sure will Mark! Thanks guys!!!

Tracker
January 15th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I will take it if they dont so I would like to be third on the list please..Mike

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 15th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Sure thing...woohoo laptopville here i come! w00t!

LaTech, do you think you will know something by the time the MO gets to me from Japan? 'cause I know me, I'm about to jump out of my skin now to order the laptop, it's only going to get worse when I have like half the money in my hand...lol.

Later guys.
jayson.

Tracker
January 15th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I am sure between the three of us you will sell it with no prob...LOL..congrads on the new lap top..woohoo

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Well, I won't be able to get it after all. I talked to the accounting dept and she said "Why do you need ANOTHER computer?!"

Sorry Max...GO FOR IT MARK!!!

LaTech

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 15th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Mark????? you out there buddy? ... lol. remember those handy dandy links i sent you...lol.

It's all good Tech - i know how those accounting depts can be :p :rolleyes: :laugh:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 16th, 2003, 07:40 AM
I’ve decided to hold off for now, mainly because I can’t find exactly what I want in a laptop yet, and rather than be hasty and take a cut in performance, I’m going to wait it out for a little while

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 16th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Cool...GL man! If you are going to hold out for, say, 3-4 months...I may still be interested (not that I expect you will...once you get eh bug to upgrade...it's over!).

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 16th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Well, that was the problem, I couldn't afford to upgrade to a laptop that was an upgrade to my desktop...(did that make sense:?) Anyway, I'm going to hold off until I can afford to get the highest end Alienware laptop I can afford to get. In the meantime, I may take the guitar money and soup up the desktop a little more...don't really know what I'd do to it, but I'll find something (since I already have the upgrade bug) might be time for some new speakers :C)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 16th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Well, I found a laptop that fit into my budget w/o selling the desktop, and SHOULD play CS OK as well...w00t

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31542&item=2301580954&rd=1

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 16th, 2003, 02:33 PM
GJ Brassman! ;)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==