PDA

View Full Version : How?? why?? blah!!!!

Omega_Prime
November 29th, 2002, 04:06 PM
omg im sitting here and im think kentucky game, im sayin please dont let arkansas do to lsu what lsu done to Kentucky, omg what happens two damn pass plays with 48 secs left and they were wide open:mad: how does the coaching staff let this happen???? my god they should have run the ball on 4th down and 5 they may have not gotten the first down but big deal they would at least run some more time off the clock!!! poor coaching job at the end:mad: ;( :mad:

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 29th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Ditto That Omega, I thought the same thing... Why not grind it out... But my real conetention is with the defense call on the long pass play. they had only 2 players deep. Of course ARk is going to try and get someone behind you?!? duh The TD catch was just luck, but the real boneheaded play was before that. BTW... Rant on that POS stadium... It looks like a high scholl stadium, there are obviously not enough places to put cameras to get decent looks for the cameras... For the love of God, can we drop that state from the union??? You wanna know the real reason LA hasn't fallen into the gulf? Because Arkansas sucks.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 29th, 2002, 07:58 PM
I'm with Dirge, why not show that goal line play where LSU defense STOPPED Arkansas from scoring but the ref said that the ball broke the plain?? wth.. They couldn't even get a play back on that because of why?? Maybe there was no camera there are that they didn't want to show the bonehead call by the refs. LSU gave that game to Arkansas because Arkansas sure didn't win it on their own. There is a conspiracy somewhere

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 29th, 2002, 09:42 PM
exactly Illegal, all of us were bitchin at the screen to see the side angle to check if the guy passed the goal line and they wouldn't show it.
poor management at the end, LSU had the game if they would have worked it better. on 4th down, instead of fieldgoal, run around end for a stab at 1st down, even try a reverse. waste the clock as much as possible going east to west, if you don't make it, they would get the ball on the 10 with about 25 sec left. have closer coverage on secondarys, make them work to get the reception. the touchdown.... OMG, wrap the guy up and slam his ass to the ground and take the pass interferance call like a man. sure it's a penalty and they get closer, but alot of time gets eaten off the clock and they won't have a score.

ohh well, with the way they played the last 4 games they shouldn't go to the sec tourny or to a better bowl than the cotton bowl, they would get severly embaresed. I just don't know how the defence will be next year without Brady James, he was all over that field today and was key to keeping them in it.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 29th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Captain_Obvious.. I agree with you but if they would have went for the 4th down play and did not make the first, then the clock would have stopped for side change anyway and Arkasas would have been able to start their drive with even more time left on the clock. All and all, time really didn't seem to matter since LSU looked like they gave the game away. From LSU's defensive look, Arkansas could have had only 15 seconds and still scored. If Arkansas is at home, they win. If LSU is at home, LSU wins. Maybe the 2 schools have something going?? Just kinda weird that Arkansas had 46 passing yards until 30 seconds in the game and they in those 30 seconds, they threw for 78 or so yards. Just doesn't add up.

SnAkEbItE
November 30th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
BTW... Rant on that POS stadium... It looks like a high scholl stadium, there are obviously not enough places to put cameras to get decent looks for the cameras... For the love of God, can we drop that state from the union??? You wanna know the real reason LA hasn't fallen into the gulf? Because Arkansas sucks.

Well here is my RANT Dirge you LSU fan's just need to pucker up from all the sour grapes I'm hearing, the stadium doesn't make a team or does it say anything about a team. What the team does on and off the field makes a team. When LSU pulled basicly the same play against KY you were all going w00t all though you admitdly acknowldged that it was luck you were still exicited about LSU winning. Ok good deal but, AR never get's the credit we should about our teams be it basketball or football. Arkansas is my home state and I love it dearly I don't follow sports so much and don't really root for one team or another but, when you make a comment about AR sucking well all I have to say about that is if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 30th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Anyone watching the Kentucky VS Tenn game?

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 30th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SnAkEbItE

Well here is my RANT Dirge you LSU fan's just need to pucker up from all the sour grapes I'm hearing, the stadium doesn't make a team or does it say anything about a team. What the team does on and off the field makes a team. When LSU pulled basicly the same play against KY you were all going w00t all though you admitdly acknowldged that it was luck you were still exicited about LSU winning. Ok good deal but, AR never get's the credit we should about our teams be it basketball or football. Arkansas is my home state and I love it dearly I don't follow sports so much and don't really root for one team or another but, when you make a comment about AR sucking well all I have to say about that is if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Good job Snakebite. I let your inane comment insinuating I was on the rag about my light hearted jab at your Ford comment go, but now I think you need to addressed a little more seriously. If you go
back, I never bash the Arkansas team for the game yesterday. Yet I could. Their offense play calling at times often resembled a football nub playing Madden. Pass on 2nd and 10, run on 3rd and 10... You get the idea. But you know what I didn't. And I won't. My rant is simple enough. First of all, it is a tangent from the frustration ove the game. Second of all, it is a FACT. A nationally televised football game with possible BCS implications takes place at an outdated stadium that is not even equipped to allow proper camera sight lines? That is something you and all Arkansas people should be unhappy about. I hear all of this talk about how it's such a statewide thing and they want to keep some games in LR. Fine. Just make sure it is something people can see and say, "Wow, that is a first rate establishment that provides a great setting for college football."

Snakebite, clear out your ears and listen as to whether or not LSU fans are saying "aw that's crap, Arkansas shouldn't have won." Still don't hear it? I didn't think so. Trust me, we are eating our sour grapes and humble pie. Your comments are indicative of all I have seen this week from Arkansas fans on the internet. And to top it all off, you claim no recognition for your teams. I distinctly remember watching Arkansas being handed the natinal championship trophy in basketball in the 90's. But I guess maybe that wasn't ebough recognition for you. Perhaps you can institute a tourism tax that will contribute towards refurbishing your sorry excuse for a stadium and at the same time build a spectacular momument to all the great, unrecognized Arkansas sports teams.

Of course, first people would have to come to your state.

bighead
November 30th, 2002, 01:10 PM
ummm..LSU sucks..yea yea.that's it..:C)

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 30th, 2002, 01:39 PM
hehe
This is my take on the LSU game...

It was over before it was over...then a freak accident happened.

That's the way I understand things anyway.

LaTech

SnAkEbItE
November 30th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Hey Dirge when you get through with your what ever you want to call it let me know. I did not say that the stadium was the best nor the worst I just said that a stadium does not make a team. I don't even really follow sports don't really care that much about them other than I know that the national media does not give credit to AR when it's due. Yes they won the NCAA Basketball Championship a couple of times but, even then listening to the comentary from the play by play and it was deffently for KY.
My FORD comment was just a joke, nothing more nothing less.
My comments were about you statement that AR SUCKES that is what got me a little upset, it's a great state with great people in it. LA is a great state with great people in it.
Not only did you make the comment that it sucked but, you also said that it needed to be removed from the U.S. I will refer back to my comment if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 30th, 2002, 05:24 PM
w00t

Doh, can't do it. That sucks joke is an old one actually told to me by an AR fan after LSU had beaten AR in a game back in the day. Kinda like we have so many democrats in LA because MS keeps sucking us to the left... You get the idea. It's fun that adds to the rivalry.

SnAkEbItE
November 30th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Yes agreed about MS there is a state that needs to come up to the 18th century atleast....LOL....

BigOne
December 1st, 2002, 09:53 AM
Cant we all just get along??????????

Ha Ha just had to say something in this thread lol

SoBe
December 4th, 2002, 08:46 AM
I watched the KY TN game!! Tennessee kicked some major a$$!! so here's my thinking... we stomped KY and beat Arkansas, i think, no wait, i know we would have lost to LSU!!

Omega_Prime
December 4th, 2002, 04:44 PM
you know you will really never know who the best team is in the sec because of the talent of all the teams that play there, hell look at all the teams with a record over 500. and thats why you rarely see a sec team win the title game because of all the talent the majority have there. blah on miami granted they good but you put them and ohio state in the sec and see what there record would be, it sure wouldnt be 12-0. more like 10-2 or a really lucky 11-1.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==