PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Ep II

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 12th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Hey,

Our trip to dallas was cancelled for last weekend, but we decided that we are going to go this weekend afterall. That is, I mean, to see Star Wars Ep II on the IMAX screen in Dallas. WOO HOO! Will post how it was. Also, if anyone lives near dallas and wants to meet us there (us being my friend and I), we are going to see the 12:30 show.

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 12th, 2002, 06:25 AM
I meant to attach this pic...

Omega_Prime
November 12th, 2002, 07:49 AM
man that sounds sweet but ill be getting it on dvd today so i dont think i need to go to dallas to see it again, to far to drive, but i wish we had one of them theaters here i hear that it is going to have some new shots in it o well im just waiting for episode III now damn they make us wait to long.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 12th, 2002, 07:52 AM
just fyi, i heard toys r us has it for $9.99

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 12th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Dang...if Alicia hadn't restricted my purchases till after Christmas, I would run out and get it!

heh

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 12th, 2002, 09:46 AM
onji, is that vhs or dvd? I've been looking around on the net to see the cheapest price, Best buy has it from the places I've checked so far. $15 dvd.

I think they're going to give me my own parking space before much longer at the new best buy they put here in BR. damn store, why do they have to carry so much awsome crap.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 12th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Ok i just called Toys r us. TODAY ONLY (11/12) its $9.99 limit one.

and yes it IS the DVD

Omega_Prime
November 12th, 2002, 10:02 AM
hey how many copies they got left it will be after 1pm before i can get mines and i will be very pissed if they aint got no more.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 12th, 2002, 10:09 AM
didnt ask that, call em up

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 12th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_LaTech
Dang...if Alicia hadn't restricted my purchases till after Christmas, I would run out and get it!

heh

BOLT strikes again!!!! lol
I STILL haven't seen II yet....no big hurry either. I'm wating for LoTR Two Towers.

Scott

Omega_Prime
November 12th, 2002, 03:22 PM
bb you dont know what your missing man star wars epsiode II is great a hella lot better than spiderman, now i will admit spiderman was good but very overrated it isnt even in the same league with episode II. i am also ready for the new lotr but not like i am episode III.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 12th, 2002, 03:54 PM
UPDATE Walmart has it for $9.88

Maximus
November 12th, 2002, 04:09 PM
*Using Jedi Mind Trick* You will go to Best Buy and get Ep II with the free calender...

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 12th, 2002, 04:34 PM
*mindtrick* we dont have a best buy in this area....which sucks...

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 12th, 2002, 04:47 PM
lol...we would all be in trouble if we did though.

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 12th, 2002, 05:25 PM
w00t...best buy just moved into my area last week....HAHAHA...me gonna spend lots of money i dont have :)

LA_MERC_Onji
November 12th, 2002, 05:27 PM
omg if we got a best buy here, i might as well do an auto-deposit of my check directly to them

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 12th, 2002, 05:49 PM
it would mean that i would have to split my deposit...half to walmart the other half to best buy

[Cajun] BigEasy
November 13th, 2002, 07:59 AM
The thing about best buy that gets me is how easily they can steal my money without even trying. If I'm going to be robbed blind I'd like to hear a sales pitch at least.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2002, 08:30 AM
lol...so true

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 13th, 2002, 12:15 PM
I thought the deleted scenes would have been better. I had heard that the fight scene where nsync got shot up and all died was going to be included but I guess not. guess if I want to see them die, I have to wait a while.

Omega_Prime
November 13th, 2002, 03:45 PM
the deleted cuts i would say were okay but they should have kept a few of them in the movie, i will also say the movie had a few diffrent parts i know one when anakin kills the tuskin raiders when he and padme talk at the end of thier conversation padme says "to be angry is to be human" then anakin replys "Im a jedi,i know im better than this..." very cool words if you ask me, there were also some other effects i noticed during the battle with mace and jango when the bull animal rams him his jetpack sparks up something that didnt happen during the theater release, those were two things i noticed anyone else got anything? Also did anyone noticed Qui Gons voice when yoda is sensing anakin killing the raiders, if you listen very close you can hear him telling anakin "no anakin!! ....No!!!" o well im out.

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 13th, 2002, 03:56 PM
just got my copy today...w00t w00t...walmart has it for $14.96 thru the 18th...

Omega_Prime
November 13th, 2002, 04:22 PM
i got mine for 9.99 woot

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2002, 04:32 PM
There was one other scene that was a little different between Anakin and Obi Wan...but I can't remember what it was. Sorry. Will watch it again tonight to see if I can remember.

Maximus
November 13th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I luv working at Best Buy! Right, Lt. Dan?

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 17th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Ok,

My friend and I went to Dallas as planned. I kinda have mixed emotions about the whole thing. The drive wasn't that bad (3.5 hours) and we got to catch up on a lot of things. The movie...well, the playing time for the movie was 2 hours. Now, as you know, the actual movie is quite a bit longer. How did they do this? They cut out scenes!!! I was upset several times because they cut out scenes that make other things make more sense. Also, due to the size of the screen, there were several points in which you suffer from sensory overload (ie: the chase scene in the beginning when Obi Wan is holding onto the flying droid)...too much to see and too wide (if that's possible). One awesome thing, however, was Padme. Dang...well, I won't say any more so I won't get into trouble! HAHA.

LaTech

Cypher
November 17th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Yea, I can see how Natalie Portman on an IMAX screen would be a good thing... that alone could lead to sensory overload... even without the fight and chase scenes. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 17th, 2002, 08:25 PM
EXACTLY!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==