PDA

View Full Version : Saints vs. Falcons

cd
October 27th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Falcons BEAT the Saints 37-35.............

Dirge I told you this would happen.... w00t...

heeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwww woohooo

Falcons b3 # 1 d4s w00t

g0 d!rty b!rds

:) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 27th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Yeah um kay. Rematch in 3 weeks. We'll see there. By then, the middle of our line should be healthy again and will deny those unbelieveable runs by Dunn today.

GG Falcons, they executed their offense well.

As far as #1? Don't recall there being a official poll for the NFL. Do you somehow refer to record? Well that obviously can't beright since the Falcons are still on the outside looking in for the playoffs. Hmmm I guess we'll see.

And by the waym the title of your thread: Saints vs. Falcons implies the second game. Are you predictiong the same score for the second game? Wow :p

I have more ammo, but I'm bowing out gracefully and mooning the football gods for an absolutely undeserved weekend of football.

Omega_Prime
October 27th, 2002, 04:48 PM
all i can say is how bout dem Chiefs baby holding the #2 offense to 10 points with the 32 ranked defense. also how bout our offense puting up more than 350 yard on da raiders. Final score Chiefs 20 Raiders 10. we now stand at 4-4 going into the bye week. man you got to love the afc west.

cd
October 27th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Dirge is a cocky one.... hey Robby get in touch with me, wanna goto the game in Atlanta?

LA_MERC_Yankee
October 28th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Corbin, are you sure you know what you're doin inviting Robby to Atlanta. I mean it would be the same thing as some people walking into the church. Atlanta would burst into flames.

cd
October 28th, 2002, 12:36 PM
He has to go.... because at HOME, atlanta will have 42, and the saints maybe 21... gonna be serious blow out... falcons in my opinion dont have a super bowl team, but they will goto the playoffs.

duckman
October 28th, 2002, 01:17 PM
The Saints will not loose to atlanta in atlanta the saints have a better road winning percentage under their coach,and also we had some injured players that will be back by then.Prediction Saints 38 falcons 10

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 28th, 2002, 01:37 PM
w00t...good prediction Temple

cd
October 28th, 2002, 01:42 PM
OMG YOU ARE SO OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!! The only thing, and I repeat the only thing that the Saints have got going for them is Deuce McCallister.... he is l337... you will not beat the Falcons, it wont happen.. Of the Falcons 3 losses, Green Bay was in overtime, and green bay is a tough team, tougher than the Saints, One was to Chicago by a field goal they missed as the clock wound down, and the third was to the Buccaneers... wasnt close :( I will bet anything we beat yall again.

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 28th, 2002, 01:56 PM
okay lets see...saints beat Greenbay, saints beat Chicago, Saints beat Tampa Bay...hmm...man the saints really suck dont they...

if all of those are tough teams, and the Saints beat them, hmmm, wouldnt that make the saints a better team than all of them?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 28th, 2002, 02:07 PM
lol getem mercy

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 28th, 2002, 02:55 PM
lmao @ Corbin. hehehe I will address this later when I get a chance. I tried to bow out and be nice, but you have opened up a can my friend. Just remember, you started this.

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 28th, 2002, 05:23 PM
go dirge go dirge...

cd
October 29th, 2002, 11:36 AM
okay... say the Saints are a better team.... Atlanta STILL beat them... mmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 29th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Okay Corbin, I will say it: "The Saints are a better team than the Falcons."

Now sure, you're thinking I've lost touch with reality, but hear me out. Throw out the undefeated Dolphins season and take a look at the past 32 Super Bowl champions. Have any of them been undefeated? NO. Every one lost a game to an opponent during the season. Well, according to your line of reasoning, any team that beat the evetual Super Bowl champions can claim to be better than the Super Bowl team. Hmmmm. Okay. This is why there is a 16 game regular season schedule. The high degree of parity in the NFL combined with the inherent risk of injury to key personnel (which is magnified immensly by the free agency/salary cap) leads to one team being better than another based over a time-study (i.e. the complete season). Having said this, take a minute this week and view the various NFL power rankings from around the sports media world this week. Egads you say? The Falcons are still ranked below the Saints?!? OMG What kind of injustice is this?

Simple. The Saints have a better record and have beaten better teams than the Falcons. Well, the Falcons barely lost to some of the same teams the Saints beat... Well, that arguement amounts to a hill of beans. Good NFL teams find a way to win the game. They realize you don't get any style points for finishing close, or second. It comes down to winning and losing everytime.

Now to be fair, the Falcons played a good game Sunday, they beat the Saints with a superior gameplan and outcoached the Saints coaching staff. In fact, it may be to early to tell which team is definitely better, yet. Let's readdress this question later in the season. In fact, in three weeks, the two teams meet again. Let's see how things pan out then. The Saints should have several key personnel back at full strength from nagging injuries, which will bolster there teams in areas obviously lacking in this past week's game. On the other hand, have YOU noticed Vick's shoulder continuing to bother him in the game? Particularly late in the game? This could be an interesting development.

One final, interesting side note: In the past ten years of the series between New Orleans & Atlanta, the visiting team has won the game around 90% of the time.

Corbin, don't make me break out statistics on you. :stick

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 29th, 2002, 12:32 PM
I could not have said it better,
So now...
shut it Dirty Bird :loser
before we have to wipe and flush ya..
:p

cd
October 29th, 2002, 08:15 PM
I dont have alot say except that that was might mature of you Robby. And I agree that we'll November 17th... Of course.. you know, IF the Falcons win that game, then we will have another thread like this, except that you can not come up with excuses in that one.. It's against the rules. ALSO if they win, I will send a copy of the game to each member of LA_MERC. ;)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==